Chapter 1-2: Handsy (Vernon)

Love knows no right or wrong

 

He was so hungry that he almost bumped into a bunch of girls. 

 

“Hi, Vernon!” A girl smiled at him. 

 

The cog in Vernon’s brain turned and it came out of the name of the girl. 

 

Yujin, the girl who was attending one of his after lunch lecture classes with him. She always giggled when he passed by. Vernon was wondering if his appearance was funny for the girl.

 

“Hi, Yujin!” Vernon smiled politely.

 

“I wonder if you would like to have lunch with us since we are going to have classes later. We can go together after lunch.” 

 

“Oh, I couldn’t. I am going to have lunch with Seungkwan. He is sharing his lunchbox.” 

 

“I have my lunchbox too. Do you want to share with me instead?” 

 

Vernon glanced at the pink lunchbox. He remembered that Seungkwan has a pink lunchbox too and wondered if Seungkwan had brought his pink lunchbox today. 

 

“Sorry, Yujin. I have promised.”

 

“Aww but I want to eat with you. You have been having lunch with him forever.” 

 

“Sorry, Yujin, It is our best bro’ code.” 

“Are you sure that both of you are just best friends?” One of Yujin’s friends suddenly asked. 

 

Vernon frowned at her, “ What do you mean?”

 

“We mean, “ Another friend of Yujin explained, “ both of you always do things together. And he always touches your face and hairs. He even hugs you in public.”

 

“So?” Vernon raised his eyebrow.

 

“Are you boy friends?” Yujin asked.

 

“Nope!” Vernon replied instantly. He has been asking for the same question so many times. 

 

“It is weird! Best friends never do that to each other!” Friend A

 

“Yes, you never see best friends caressing each other’s face, except those couples.”

 

“Vernon, have you ever noticed,” Yujin interrupted, “how Seungkwan is always acting around you?” Yujin gave him a soft smile. 

 

Vernon deepened his frown. He knew that Seungkwan always back-hugged him. Liked to lean on his shoulder when he was sitting beside Vernon. Liked to squeeze his cheeks when he was acting cute. Liked to hold and play his hands. Liked to caress his knee and thigh. Liked to feed him and wipe his face. Liked to cuddle beside him when they were sleeping on the same bed. Liked to give him a peck on his cheek out of nowhere.

 

Wait! It felt like coupley things.

 

Yujin must have noticed his confusion, “ Did you understand how we perceive both of you?”

 

“No, it can’t be!” Vernon shook his head. 

 

No, they were not a couple. But they were really acting like one. And mostly Seungkwan acted like Vernon’s boyfriend. 

 

“ No, It can’t be-!” Vernon freezed when he felt a familiar hand was touching his hair. He could feel a body leaning near him and the fruity cologne flowed into his nostril. A sigh of contentment was released beside him. 

 

He couldn’t breathe. He had to lean away to breathe. 

 

“Ah, sorry Yujin, I have to eat lunch now.” Vernon gave an excuse. He needed time to think and digest.

“Let’s go! I am so hungry that I can eat a whole cow!” He quickly sat down and grabbed something to eat. He needed a distraction now. 

 

Ring!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Recess time ended. 

 

He dashed out of the seat once the bell rang. He didn’t hear that there was a sound calling him behind. 

 

“Hansol…”



 

Next morning….

 

“Vernon, I told you many times that never ever wear a beanie. And why are you matching color for your beanie and your T-shirt?”