Part One

Soulmates..Funny Aren't They?

"Come on Y/N," Namjoon chuckles as the two of you mess around on the soundboard. "We haven't collabed since we first debuted. That was how long ago, it's time." He smiles, looking at you with pleading eyes. That was one thing other than rapping that you knew Namjoon was phenomenal at, getting his way with his sad puppy dog eyes and pouty lip. 

Years ago the two of you the two of you trained together under Big-Hit entertainment and you still remembered the day Namjoon looked at you with petrified eyes as the instructor you both had yelled at him for his rather awful dancing. That's when you knew the two of you would be close friends, your dancing as well as his was not the greatest so that was something that the two of you happened to bond over. You lost yourself as you remembered the Long Count with the hours you and Namjoon spent in the dance practice rooms trying to nail the choreography that they had given you. You shuddered at the memory of constantly messing up the routines and having that your teachers glare at you with such impatience.

You're brought out of your memories by namjoon nudging your shoulder lightly, looking at you with pleading eyes yet again. 

"Come on Y/N,  let's do it for old time sake." He smiles. 

You can't help but to laugh. "What about Yoongi, Jin, Hobi, Suga, Tae and Kook? Aren't you guys working on a new album? You can't just abandon it." You say rolling your eyes. 

"Album is done, it's not being released for a few months, they're all doing their own things right now. Plus you said that when our careers had taken off you would.. and we're both doing pretty ing good" He says, looking hopeful. 

"Fine." You sigh, throwing your hands up. You can never resist his charms, which is surprising considering how clumsy and awkward he can be. 

"So what did you have in mind?" You ask, standing up to wander to the couch at the back of the room. 

You hear Namjoon clear his throat before mumbling something that you only catch part of. 

"What was that?" You ask. 

"Soul...mate." he says, his eyes trained on yours to watch your reaction. He knew how you felt about soulmates and how you felt about not yet having found yours. He was always nervous to bring it up around you considering the last time you had a bit of a meltdown about it. 

"You know it's fiiiiine that I haven't met my soulmate yet. It's fiiiiine that the seven of you all have found yours and are happy and in love and whatever. It's fiiiiine." You cry as you pound back your large glass of wine. Namjoon and the rest of BTS, except Jungkook, along with their soulmates all stared at you with wide and uncomfortable eyes, unsure of how to handle the situation. 

Soulmates was not a topic that was often brought up around you anymore. 

"Why does it have to be about this particular subject?" You groan, burying your face inside a pillow. 

"Because love songs are our thing, and you know I love you and will be your partial soulmate if you want." He says standing up and extending his arms for a hug. 

You groan again as you crawl off the couch and begrudgingly walk into his arms with a pouty face. "You know Chaeyoung wouldn't like that, in fact she keeps shooting me dirty looks so you should really stop joking about it around her." You laugh, wrapping your arms around his waist. 

You had become close friends with all the members in BTS but you just seemed to have connected more with Namjoon, he was your best friend. The two of you were oddly similar to one another, frequently saying the same thing, always having almost the same thought, it was scary sometimes. The rest of the boys continuously joked about the fact that it seemed like you and he should have been soulmates since you were so in sync all the time, the two laughed it off. 

Although Namjoon's actual soulmate did not find it funny anymore. From the beginning you felt as though she wasn't a fan of you but she hid it from everyone else quite well. As time and the jokes went on, her dislike for you became hidden hatred, the only one really oblivious to it was Namjoon. It wasn't until you had told him everything and he went home and spoke to her, where she confirmed that he finally understood. He set boundaries but you were his best friend, he wasn't about to drop you for anyone and Chaeyoung knew it. She knew Namjoon loved you and her in completely different ways, you only ever being platonic but it was hard for her to be understanding about it considering soulmates had such a strong and envious connection.

"Uhmm." The two of you hear, both turning your heads towards the door to see an angry looking Chaeyoung. You could feel Namjoon tense up as he released you from his arms, sheepishly smiling as he walked towards his love and wrapped his arms around her lovingly. 

"Hi baby." He whispers in her ear. 

You couldn't wait for that feeling. The feeling of being completely and utterly in love with someone and having them feel the same about you, only having eyes for you. You yearned for it on the inside but on the outside, you acted as though you were fine being on your own. You were a bad , it was true but you wanted your special someone, you had waited long enough. 

" you two are cute. I want that." You pout, annoyed by the happy couple. "Get out of my face." You laugh, walking past them. "I'll see you on Sunday to start recording." You say to Namjoon before squeezing past them. "You've got a good one Chaeyoung." You smile. Before you round the corner you can hear her reply, saying she knows she does. 

That makes you smile. If anyone deserves someone to love them back harshly, it was Namjoon. 

That night you hoped for your soulmate. You'd always told yourself to leave it up to the universe, he'll be revealed to you when your time has come but you'd been patient enough and you were ready now. That night, and the next night you tried to dream of what he was like, or looked like, but as usual you couldn't see anything, the man was a blur. 

** 

Sunday evening you arrived at the studio to meet Namjoon. Your hand on the door knob you pause before opening the door, hearing a second voice you couldn't make out along with Namjoon's. You try to figure it out before opening the door but give up within seconds, deciding to just see who it is instead of trying to guess. 

You smile at Namjoon who's looking at the door as you walk through the frame. Your eyes drift to your left where you see Jackson Wang standing beside Namjoon, an even bigger smile on his face. 

"Hey you." Namjoon smiles, turning to fiddle with the soundboard. 

"Hey." You say, Jackson's eyes still fixated on you. 

"Hi Y/N, I'm a huge fan." Jackson says, walking over to you and extending his hand. 

"Thank you." You blush. "I'm a big fan as well." You admit, your face is still red. 

"Ooohk, shall we begin?" Namjoon chuckles,  giving you an interesting look. 

You had a hard time concentrating having Jackson stare at you. The sparkle in his eyes made your heart flutter. Maybe he was your soulmate? Although you had always heard from your mother that when you met your soulmate, it was a far bigger thing than what you were experiencing with him. Maybe for you it was different? You hoped you finally found him, if you were being honest, you now were tired of waiting. You wanted the special and amazing thing that you have seen first hand. 

As the night went on, Jackson's presence made you more and more happy. Your heart beats increasingly more, a smile never leaving your face. You were almost convinced he was your forever but deep down inside you knew he wasn't. All you wanted was your forever  

"So what brought you here tonight?" You ask Jackson, hours after you had finished recording. 

"I was trying to convince Joon to do a song with me." He chuckles. "He's a tough man to crack." 

"That's a lie and you know it." Namjoon intercepts.  "I told you I was doing a song with Y/N and you begged me to let you come along so you could meet her. He's been talking about you non stop for the past few weeks. It's gotten to be a little much " Namjoon spills, locking eyes with an annoyed Jwckson.  

"Dude. Not cool." Jackson says through gritted teeth. 

You can't help but laugh and feel flattered that he wanted to meet you. It still shocked you that idols you had watched before became your friend and enjoyed your music, it was surreal. 

** 

Over the next few weeks, Jackson would randomly show up to Big Hit, always bringing you something. Flowers, chocolates, dinner. You were flattered, especially considering he had a bit of a reputation of being a ladies man. Usually getting what he wanted from a female before tossing her to the side and moving onto the next when he felt like he needed a fix. 

Namjoon always shook his head in disapproval whenever Jackson showed up around Big Hit almost too often, and eventually Namjoon pulled you to the side to talk to you. 

"Y/N, he's into you. Like really into you. Do you want something to happen with him?" Namjoon asks, genuinely concerned. 

"The attention is nice, I'll admit that. But you know I want my soulmate." You tell him, knowing you need to let Jackson know. It wasn't fair to him to think he had a chance with you, when he most definitely didn't. You were tired of wasting your time on men who weren't going to be around for long, knowing you will quickly lose interest in anyone who isn't the one for you once you meet him. 

** 

That night you were at the BTS dorm, hanging out with all the members. 

"So Y/N, you're ending it with Jackson?" Jhope asks, a small pout on his lips. 

"We were never anything to begin with. I'm simply letting him know there's not a chance we will be anything but friends. All I want is my soulmate." You tell him. 

"He doesn't care about that, you know." Jhope begins. "He will be with whoever he's into. He doesn't want to find his soulmate." 

"That's nice for him, everyone can have their own choice but that's not mine. I want my forever." You sigh, knowing tomorrow you'll have to have the talk with Jackson. 

"I think you should give it a shot."Jhope admits, shrugging his shoulders. 

You didn't respond. You knew Hobi was a big Jackson fan and he would vouch for him any chance he got. Regardless it wouldn't change your mind about it. You knew what you wanted and that was it. 

** 

The next day, you were in the studio working on your upcoming album, when Jackson walked into the studio. 

"Good morning beautiful." He smiles, seeing you sitting at the table concentrating on writing. 

"Hi Jackson." You sigh. It's now or never. "Listen.." you begin. "Nothing is going to happen with us, except for being friends." You say. "I'm done with being with anyone who's not my soulmate." 

I could make you happy Y/N." He smiles. "I could make you so happy. You'd be in such bliss you wouldn't even remember the fact that you wanted a soulmate." 

"Jackson.." you start. You had to admit, it sounded good. You did like him, and it would be nice to be with him. 

"Besides, who needs a soulmate." He scoffs. "It's all bull, there's no spark with some random person you're supposed to be with for the rest of your life." 

"So.. you don't believe in soulmates?" You ask, genuinely surprised. 

"Not a chance." He chuckles, leaning back in his chair. 

"Well I do. I firmly believe there's someone destined for you, someone you're supposed to be with forever." You say, crossing your arms unimpressed. 

"I'm sorry." He begins. You start to relax. "But you're delusional. Down right out of your mind if you believe that." 

Your jaw drops at his words. You can't believe he would say that to you, because you didn't see eye to eye about soulmates.

"Get out." You whisper, taking a deep breath while looking at the ceiling, trying to not snap. 

"Seriously Y/N? You're being a little dramatic." He laughs. 

"Jackson. Get the out of my studio before I lose my ." You snap, now glaring at him. 

"I'll talk to you later, when you calm down." He says, walking out of the room. 

What a tool. 

** 

A few days later you meet up with Namjoon to listen to the final produced version of the song you made with him. You were still sour from your little meeting with Jackson. 

"You're going to tell me your version or am I only going to get Jackson's where he tells me you were being unreasonable." He sighs, pulling you in for a hug. 

"Oh I'm dramatic? Whatever." You say rolling your eyes. "I told him nothing romantic would happen between us and that I was waiting specifically for my soulmate. And he told me I was crazy for believing in it, I was delusional." 

"Oh Y/N. That's definitely not what he told me, but I have to say I believe you over his story. I'm sorry." He sighs. 

"Eh. It is what it is." You say. "Now, let's hear this song." You finish excitedly. 

** 

A few months later, you and Namjoon attended the Melon Music Awards as the song the two of you did together was nominated for a few awards. Honestly, you didn't expect it to happen but you were extremely happy and hopeful for a win or two. 

"You look beautiful." Namjoon says, leaning over in his chair after you sat down. You were grateful to be seated with the boys. One downside to being a solo artist. 

As the night went on, the categories you and Namjoon were up for came closer, and your nerves heightened. 

"And the winner for best collaboration goes too.." the MC pauses. "L/N Y/N and Kim Namjoon of BTS! Congrats!" 

The build erupts in claps along with yelling as the two of you stand up, enormous grins on your faces as you make your way up to the stage to accept your award. Unfortunately you were too distraught to make a speech so Namjoon took over for you. 

"You know." He began chuckling. "It took a little bit of convincing Y/N to do this song with me. She was hesitant but I can imagine she's happy she took the leap. We want to thank everyone who helped create this song, everyone who voted for us and our fans! We wouldn't be here without you guys and we love you all! Thank you!." He shouts, before wrapping his arm around your shoulder and leading you backstage with him. 

"We won!" You laugh as soon as you're out of sight of the audience. "I can't believe it." You say happily. 

"It's a rush, isn't it?" Namjoon smiles, the two of you walking down the narrow hallway. As you keep walking, you get a feeling in the pit of your stomach, one you had never felt before. Your palms begin to sweat, your breath becoming harder to catch. You look at Namjoon worriedly, but notice the man who wasn't paying attention to you either. 

The two of you collide, your shoulders thrashing against each other. You both pause, your breathing becoming shallow, you can hear him struggling as well. Looking up, you come face to face with Kwon Jiyong. Your eyes wide, you can feel the sparks shooting through your body, every pleasure sensor being set off at once. Your eyes never leave each other, they're forced together. 

After what felt like an eternity, you break eye contact, your breath becoming easier to catch. 

"You.. you're my." You begin, only to be quickly cut off and dismissed. 

"Don't even say it, I'm ing not." He snaps harshly before turning to storm away. 

"What was that about?" Namjoon asks. 

"That was my soulmate. And apparently he doesn't want to be." You say, tears b in your eyes. 

** 

Days, even weeks later you couldn't get the fact that your soulmate had denied you out of your mind. Why didn't he want you? Wasn't it supposed to be love at first sight? Needing to be with that person from that moment on, forever and always. Maybe Jackson had a point? 

But that didn't stop you from attempting to get in contact with the aloof Kwon Jiyong. You obtained his number from Jungkook who was friends and a huge fan of his. 

No response. 

You showed up at YG Ent in an attempt to speak with him in person. 

No luck. He refused to see you, even went as far as having security you from the building. 

What did you ever do to him? 

** 

Jiyong was getting extremely annoyed at your futile attempts at contacting him. Why would you nog get the hint? He didn't want a soulmate, he didn't want you. 

There was only one person he wanted.

Cha Haeyeon. 

She was his first love, his first a lot of things. First kiss, first , first break up and make up. The two of them had been through hell and back and he wasn't about to let her go for someone he didn't know, and didn't want to know. 

Currently, they were broken up, again. This had been the longest that they were split, likely because she was with someone else at the moment. Jiyong knew that's what she did. Everytime they broke up, she went to someone else, likely to make him feel jealous that she wasn't with him anymore. 

He didn't get jealous. Mainly because he knew she would be back. She wasn't able to stay away from him for very long, often cheating on the one she was with, with him. He never minded. It was her he wanted and he would do anything to make her happy. 

Including denying his soulmate. 

He was waiting at his apartment tonight, waiting for Haeyeon who had finally reached out to him  asking to see him. He was excited, he knew what was going to happen and he was ready to have her back in his arms. 

When she finally arrived, she didn't push herself on him for a kiss like she usually did. She walked past him to the couch, sitting down and avoiding eye contact. 

"What's going on?" Jiyong asks. 

"Look Jiyong." She sighs. "I need to tell you something." She says, fiddling her fingers. "I met my soulmate. We're getting married." She blurts. 

"You met your soulmate?" He scoffs. "So did I and I ing blow her off. For you." 

"There's one more thing.." she whispers. "It's Seunghyun." 

"TOP? My ing best friend? You're ing and marrying my bestfriend?" He snaps. "What happened to being together no matter what?"

"We decided it was time. We want to be together. I can't keep doing this with you. You're not the one I want anymore." She whispers. 

"What do you mean time? How long has this been going on?" Jiyong snaps. 

"2 years." She admits. 

"We've been seeing each other for just over 2 years." He whispers. "When did you know?" 

"The first night I met him is when we found out. We promised to wait and to keep it to ourselves until it was unbearable, and that time is now." She tells him. "I'm sorry." 

"You're sorry?" He laughs, it lacks any humor. "Keep your ing sorry." He snaps. "Get out of my house." He yells, storming out of the room, leaving Haeyeon to leave with things unsettled. 

** 

It had been weeks since Jiyong had basically denied you and your heart still hadn't healed, you also hadn't done anyone to try and help yourself. So that night when Jennie and Lisa had invited you out to a popular bar for idols, you happily agreed, hoping to clear your mind. 

Walking in, you immediately spot the girls and head over to their table. 

"Hey girl." Lisa smiles as you sit in the free chair, ordering a drink and a few shots to drown your feelings for now. 

"You okay?" Jennie asks. 

You half smile before you begin drinking. 

A few hours later you're walking off the dance floor, heading to the bar to grab another drink. 

And that's when you saw him. 

Jiyong. He was very clearly intoxicated. He notices you quickly, must have felt the same flush of wariness you felt when you saw him. 

You stare at him for a moment before trying to turn around as he starts heading towards you. 

"Y/N wait." He slurs. 

"What?" You snap. 

"Is that anyway to speak to your soulmate? He chuckles. 

"What do you care?" You snap. "You clearly have no interest." 

"Don't be like that baby girl" he smiles, leaning in close before pressing his lips to yours. 

You get lost in the kiss, everything else in the bar fades away, it's just you and him. 

It's perfect. 

Jiyong breaks the kiss, telling you he has to go but he'll see you tomorrow at the rehearsal for a performance many idols were doing. 

He gave you one more peck before he left. 

You felt like you were on cloud nine for the rest of the night, your heart constantly beating at a mile a minute. 

You didn't sleep that night. You wondered what happened to make him come around to you. You didn't want to question it too much but it was something that was hard to ignore. 

** 

The next day you didn't see Jiyong for most of the rehearsal. You wondered where he was but were sure you'd see him soon. 

Although there was a pair of eyes you could feel burning into you often. 

Jackson. You still hadn't spoken to him since your fight. It was clear he wanted to talk to you and you wanted to clear the air. But that was for later. 

You finally saw Jiyong later and in the middle of your rehearsal. It felt like a lifetime for it to end, but when it did you made your way over to him, a large smile spread across your face. 

"Hi." You say as you approach him. 

He doesn't respond. 

"Are you okay?" You ask, reaching out to touch his arm. 

"Don't." He snaps, pulling away from you. "Don't touch me." 

"W-what? What's wrong?" You ask, extremely confused. 

"You. Why are you everywhere?" He growls. "When will you get the ing hint? I. Don't. Want. You." He yells. You can feel the tears welling in your eyes as you can feel the eyes of everyone in the building on the two of you. 

"B-but last night.. you kissed me." You whisper, trying to control your emotions. 

"Yeah and what a ing mistake that was. You are not who I want. Get it through your head and leave me the alone." He yells before storming off, leaving you standing alone, humiliated. 

Wiping your eyes, you quickly try to escape this literal hell you're now in, only to be pulled back by a hand wrapped around your arm. You're pulled into a muscular chest with arms wrapping around your body, holding you close. 

"Shh. I'm so sorry." A voice tells you. You immediately recognize it as Jackson. 

"W-why doesn't h-he want me?" You cry into his chest. 

"I don't know..  but he's an idiot. You're amazing and it's his loss. He has no idea what an amazing woman he's missing out on." He whispers, holding you tighter. "I'm so sorry." 

You nuzzle your head deeper into his chest chest, your tears unable to stop. 

"I would never do that to you. I would treat you like the queen you are. I could make you so happy if you would just give me the chance to prove it to you." He whispers, hopeful. 

Before you can respond, you hear your name being called. 

"Y/N? Y/N where are you?" You hear Namjoon yell. 

"She's here." Jackson says, letting you go. "Think about it." he says to you before walking away. 

Namjoon wraps his arms around you, pulling you in for an extremely comforting hug. 

"Oh Y/N, I heard about what happened." He whispers. 

"Please just take me to your dorm." You sniffle. 

"Of course." He sighs, leading you to his car, his arm never leaving you. 

** 

A few hours later, you're curled up on the BTS couch in their dorm, a cup of hot chocolate made by Jin in your hands, and a blanket wrapped around you. 

"So he kissed you last night?" Jimin clarifies. 

"Yes."

"And then he completely humiliated you and hardcore denied you?" 

"Yes Jimin, christ." You sigh. 

"Sorry, just making sure I have the facts." He says, shrugging his shoulders. 

"He's a good guy. He's just scared." Jungkook chimes in. 

"From what I've seen, he's most definitely not a good guy. A piece of to be exact." You say. You can't believe Jungkook right now. 

"Think what you want, but he's going through some right now. Just don't completely write him off." He says with a half smile before walking away. 

"So what now?" Namjoon asks. 

"Now I focus on my music. soulmates." You spit. 

The last line makes you smile slightly when you think of Jackson and his extreme dislike for soulmates.

"Maybe I'll give Jackson a chance." You say shrugging your shoulders. "What's with him and soulmates anyways? He hasn't met her yet has he?" You ask, sipping your drink. 

"Ahh. I was wondering when you'd inquire about that." Namjoon sighs. "Last year he found his soulmate. I won't name who it is, but she had been pining over someone for a very long time and it wasn't Jackson. So when the sparks flew, he was 100% on board but she wasn't. She denied him harshly, it broke him for a while." 

"I thought soulmates were supposed to have an instant unbreakable strong bond." You say. 

"They do. Usually. But very rarely, if the connection isn't strong enough for whatever reason, there's no hope." He sighs. 

"So that's it for me then? Jiyong very clearly denied me and now I have no soulmate? My forever is gone?" You say feeling the tears coming on again. 

Soulmates.. funny aren't they?