Fun (Part 1)

Long Distances

Yuqi woke up seeing Minnie already awake.

 

Y: Minnie...

 

Her deep sleepy voice made Minnie’s heart flutter, it was so deep that you could just listen to it for a while.

 

M: Hmm?

 

Minnie had the voice that everyone would have fallen in love to, having a deep voice with a dreamy one is heaven.

 

Y: What time did you wake up?

 

M: Earlier than you think...

 

Yuqi didn’t realize it was almost lunch time.

 

Y: We should go out later...

 

M: We’re actually going to some fun, I regretted saying that it’s just temporary fun, but it would stay in our minds forever.

 

M: If we’re only having talks, we would have been tired of too much talking, how about we make ourselves happy with a little bit of fun.

 

Y: So, the amusement park?

 

M: Exactly. Now go take a bath and dress up and we’ll go out, I’ll just have to dress up after this.

 

Y: Alright! Just wait for me, and don’t sleep, I know you’re an easily tired person sometimes.

 

M: Just go in the bathroom right now and stop talking!

 

It was, a little awkward for Minnie and Yuqi that they said that earlier.

 

M: (Goddamnit Minnie, I knew you’re going to act first before you think.)

 

While Yuqi was in the bathroom. She remembered everything that happened back in the day when they used to be classmates.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

Song Yuqi, was the best thing that ever existed to Minnie. They’ve used to be best friends. They met one another in the U.S. It was, stupidly awkward for them at first.

 

When both of them came to school, they saw each other. Yuqi was happy, Minnie wasn’t. That’s when Minnie befriended Yuqi. It turned out great.

 

Minnie found the best friend of her life. They could tease each other, smack each other, treat the other. It was like a happy couple.

 

In their last years of High School, Song Yuqi had to transfer to a new school in her hometown in China.

 

Yuqi and Minnie both cried, they had to say goodbye. They couldn’t just stay with each other forever. There’s no forever. They were the biggest dorks that everyone loved in school.

 

Now that they were separated, they only saw each other again, when Yuqi was visiting Thailand. She saw a familiar face, it looked like Minnie’s, perhaps, when she heard her voice, it was Minnie.

 

They hugged each other, unfortunately, Yuqi had to tell that she’s temporarily staying in Thailand for 3 days. The purpose of the trip was to chill out, stare at the beautiful scenery of Thailand.

 

There were goodbyes on the third day. It’s always like this, you see each other again, you’re both gone right after.

 

Minnie regretted not hanging out with Yuqi more often, she didn’t ask Yuqi out for a walk or something else.

 

Yuqi had fun by herself. She only thought about herself, she forgot about Minnie. But she knew she had exchanged numbers with Minnie.

 

Once Yuqi got back to China, the two would call often, even at long distances, they still had their unforgettable friendship.

 

BACK TO THE PRESENT:

 

Yuqi has been thinking too much and she spent too much time in the shower, she hurried up and finished barely on time. She quickly dressed up and got out of the bathroom.

 

Y: Minnie, let’s go! I’m already done!

 

M: Alright. What took you so long there?

 

Y: I was just overthinking. There’s lot’s of things going on, a lot of sad ones.

 

M: Did you think of our friendship back when we were used to be children?

 

Y: Yeah I did earlier...

 

M: Let’s not waste time and we’ll have to go before the line starts to get full.

 

Y: Let’s go!