Stand By

Long Distances

Minnie and Yuqi went out from the airport into the new world in Korea. This was their first time stepping out in real life. They used to see Korea in videos.

 

It felt so different when you actually experience it in real life. Since Minnie and Yuqi are Trilingual, it’s easy for them to talk to the natives.

 

M: I can’t believe we actually are walking in Korea, it feels a little different than Thailand.

 

Y: It’s also different from China. But I still consider it as an amazing place. I got a hotel room which is nice.

 

M: Where?

 

Y: Just near the famous river here.

 

M: Same, but that means we are at different rooms then.

 

Y: That’s completely fine, we can still meet up after.

 

M: Where are we going again?

 

Y: We’ll leave the ones were are bringing today at our respective rooms and we’ll go at—

 

Y: At a restaurant. I haven’t ate since earlier so I’m real hungry.

 

M: (I forgot that I haven’t ate since yesterday.)

 

M: Okay...

 

They ate at the restaurant Yuqi was talking about and they took a little while in the morning shopping for a few things.

 

M: We got a lot of stuff and it’s too heavy to handle for a long time.

 

Y: Come on, let’s go back to the hotel.

 

Now that it’s afternoon, they left the things they had bought and went to the famous river which was near the hotel.

 

They spent the rest of their time talking to each other while sitting near the river.

 

M: I can’t believe we’re next to each other. We would usually talk from long distances but since we’re here, I want to talk about everything.

 

They’re just standing by, waiting for the sunset to pass, they’re going to stay there for a while, talking about each other’s experiences, this is the only important conversation they would have.

 

Y: I have to leave but I don’t want to leave you.

 

M: It’s just the first day, we still have a few more days, we’ll create unforgettable memories, while we still can.

 

Y: I hope we wouldn’t regret being really close since we may forget each other. It’s going to be a tough one returning back to our home countries.

 

M: Just ignore that—

 

Yuqi hugged Minnie tightly, Yuqi didn’t want to lose Minnie, they wouldn’t see each other after the trip. It was just the first day, but it felt like the last day.

 

M: I understand, I’m going to miss you. It’s just the start but you feel like it’s the end right!

 

Y: You know me.

 

M: Come on! It’s not yet the end of the trip!

 

Y: You’re right.

 

M: It’s getting late out here, let’s go back.

 

Y: Sure.

 

The two both went back to their respective rooms and would spend the night alone, since they didn’t book at the same time, they can’t just stay at one room.