Chapter Three

Daylight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

It’s a nice day in the kingdom, and the twins have been wandering about for half a day now. They should’ve gotten to Lord Son’s manor in Sangnok-gu in Ansan. Instead, the two are lost in the middle of nowhere with no guards in sight.

“I told you, we should’ve gone left thirty minutes ago.” Jinyoung had been fiddling around the map, trying to find the right way.

“I just followed the map. If you were so good at navigating, why did you let me do it?” Joonyoung spat. He instead went down his chivalric horse and ran a few meters to check if there are houses or people nearby to ask where they were.

From Joonyoung’s point of view, he caught sight of a lady in red, picking some berries by the bank of the river not too far from where the twins are.

“There, there, big brother!” Joonyoung exclaimed as he climbed up his horse as they galloped away.

“Hey little rascal, wait for me!” Jinyoung shouted as he raced towards where his twin went.

The path wasn’t made so Joonyoung struggled and his horse got stuck into the mud. He was a few meters away from the lady and shouted for help.

The young lady seemed to hear him and got to Joonyoung.

“Dear miss, do you happen to know where Lord Son’s manor is?” Joonyoung asked politely. As he climbed down his horse. But instead his boots got stuck in the mud too.

“Shouldn’t you be asking me to help you first?” The young lady asked as she laughed sweetly.

Jinyoung arrived after the exchange. And seeing his brother stuck, he laughed hysterically. “Brother, the lady is right. You’re such a wimp.”

“Forgive me, young miss. Can you help me out?” Joonyoung said and held his hand.

“Sir, I cannot. Unless you take off your silver bracelet.” The lady told him.

“Oh, you’re a werewolf.” Joonyoung sighed.

The twins looked at each other. And Jinyoung helped his brother instead.

“Lord Son’s manor is beyond this acre. You’ll just have to be wary of vampires here, as this is their territory,” the lady said as she picked more blueberries.

“Thank you, young miss.” Jinyoung said. “We’ll be off then.” He added trying to get the reins to his brother’s horse, hurrying to go.

When they were away from the werewolf lady, Joonyoung shouted, “What’s the rush, hyung? I haven’t even properly thanked her. I should’ve asked for her name.”

“And what? Don’t tell me you got dibs on the werewolf?” Jinyoung laughed. “We should get going, little brother. It’s almost dark.” He said. He worries about what the werewolf lady told them. They shouldn’t be out here by nightfall.

——

It’s been days since Seulgi drank Seungwan’s blood. Her heightened senses are wearing off. She’s hungry. She had to go through the deer acre to get blood.

She found her target. A good plump one. She run fast. Faster than a horse could go, grew her claws and killed her share of blood. She almost pitied the thing, but her instincts have ruled over as she bit into the deer’s neck.

She got lost in drinking, that after she finished it off, she saw two young lads who looked like each other watching her.

Shocked at the scene, Joonyoung decided to step up grabbing his sword and readying to swing. “We were just lost,” he said. “We won’t disturb you anymore. Just point us where Lord Son’s manor is.” He added though his hand was shaking in nervousness. It’s not that they haven’t seen vampires in their entire lives. Instead, they always do. The kingdom’s parties and meetings always consisted of warlocks, werewolves and vampires. But they haven’t seen a werewolf plucking blueberries or a vampire drinking deer blood.

Seulgi always goes out this early thinking she would not meet any v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter