Chapter Two

Daylight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

“Okay, so what if the human princess is evil in all sorts of ways and tortures me?” A worried Seulgi asked.

“No, Seulgi, you’re much more powerful than any human!” Son Seungwan said in protest. “You are blessed with super strength, heightened senses, speed, endurance and telepathic ability.”

“Wow, you make it sound sensual!” Seulgi retorted. “Blessed? It’s more of a curse.” She added.

“You just don’t use your abilities like any other vampire. You’re becoming too dormant. Too mysterious. And in that light, you can almost pass as a human. If you don’t have your shiny fangs, of course.” Seungwan said.

“I’m trying to suppress my hunger. I cannot be paler from this, you know.” Seulgi pointed at her face trying to laugh at the joke she mused.

“You don’t have to suppress it. You can always ask me to do that for you! You can take my blood. But not too much!” Seungwan told her.

“I really hate myself for doing this. You know my dad bred deer along the acres of the valley that belongs to us.” Seulgi was a bit hesitant to reply.

“I know, and of all vampires I know, you’re trying to be vegetarian! If you got my analogy.” Seungwan laughed.

“You know I don’t like going out. It scares the out of me. Vampires are trying to be friendly with me, here and there. Humans despise me unlike you do.” Seulgi echoed.

“Humans don’t despise vampires. We like you, even. Being a blood bank for one is an honor. You, vampires pay a ton for the blood out of us. Like it or not, we co-exist. The new world is not like it was before.” Seungwan began to a few buttons from her dress and when it reached the spot, Seulgi hesistantly bit into it.

Just a few ounces, Seulgi said to herself. Only a few and that would be it. But tasting the blood from Seungwan was no match for a deer’s! It was the reason why she didn’t like hunting deer. Although she does, just to suppress her hunger. But this, this is the epitome of being a vampire. The blood from a living human is the sweetest among all she has ever tasted. Animal blood suppresses hunger, but human blood empowers vampires. And Seungwan is giving it to her for free out of cordial friendship.

She tries to give it up. She hasn’t gotten much but she does not want to take a lot. Seungwan is a friend. If Seulgi has a heart, Seungwan might make it beat.

Son Youngjae, a vassal lord and of human royal descent, is Seungwan’s father. He reveres vampires too much, and becoming one is his impossible wish. He strived hard to be Kang Minhyuk’s ally. Thus, Seulgi and Seungwan’s unusual closeness.

Though Seungwan isn’t really a fan of vampires like her father, she admires Seulgi a lot. As a friend or more, that, she is trying to figure out.

“You know, her royal highness was once my childhood playmate.” Seungwan said after Seulgi got her dose of blood.

“Oh, really? Is she pretty as the poems of the land and songs of bards portray her?” Seulgi was wiping clean after giving Seungwan a warm washcloth to dampen the mark.

“She is. More than beautiful than you could imagine.” Seungwan sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter