twenty

In The Wrong Order
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook’s been thinking a lot about Sukjin’s words. A baby shower sounds nice, but was it too early? He’d have to figure out what Somin was up to and possibly steal her idea from her for Jihyo’s final episode before her break.

 

Turns out, Somin had something bigger in mind. Jongkook doesn’t want her plans to be derailed (he knew how excited she could get over gatherings like this), so he needs a new plan.

 

Ha Ha suggests something vague like throwing a surprise party, but for exchange for helping, he wants Jongkook to do him a favour. It’s a horrible idea, but Jongkook needs some help. Except the favour is an absolute terrible idea, but he’ll do anything for Jihyo at this point. 

 

He feels bad for leaving her behind alone at home while he works, so this week they plan a fun date to the mall with the agenda to buy some baby essentials. He might also have something else in mind that he was trying to ease up to her on (curse you, Donghoon). Maybe seeing all the baby clothes might make her sentimental, and help her move on from what he’s going to ask of her.

 

“Somin was right; baby shoes are adorable.” Jihyo beams, raising a pair up while Jongkook measures his palm to them. They were even tinier than his hands! 

 

And judging from the price tag, they were ridiculously expensive for someone who couldn’t even walk. 

 

“So... I was talking to Donghoon.” Jongkook starts, picking up another set of baby onesies. 

 

“Did he try to sell you another business idea again?”

 

Donghoon did sell him something, alright. “No... But he needs someone to help babysit tomorrow because he and Byul are busy, and I might have volunteered.”

 

She stops dead in her tracks, glaring at him with a stuffed toy in her hands, looking completely terrifying for a pregnant woman shopping for baby clothes. “Are you sure they are busy?”

 

“If it’s about last time, he’s really sorry.” Jongkook doesn’t know why he’s apologizing on behalf of his troublesome dongsaeng.

 

“Come on, Jihyo.” He pleads, distracting her by drawing her attention back to the stuffed bunny in her hands. “It will be fun! You love the kids, remember?”

 

“They are pretty cute.” She admits, letting him put the bunny into their already filled basket of items. “And I was a little annoyed last time to enjoy my time with them.”

 

“Anyway, I thought it would be good practice for when we have to take care of baby girl on our own.” He takes her hand, grasping it tight in his while they head to the cashier. “Now that we‘ve started on shopping and the crib’s coming in a few weeks. We’re getting a head start here, we should try to keep up.” 

 

“It would be nice to practice.” Jihyo nods, placing her free hand on her baby bump. Shes been doing that a lot lately since she started growing a lot, and now that they were prepping for the nursery, the whole baby situation was starting to feel very real. “But Donghoon oppa’s not selling his children out again, is he?”

 

“No.” Jongkook frowns. “He better not be.”

 

“Well, you know how he and Goeun are. They just like meddling in other people’s relationships.”

 

He snorts, agreeing. Donghoon’s bad alone, but together with his wife and partner in crime? They made Somin and Kwangsoo look tame in comparison. 

 

“Hey, don’t worry.” Jongkook assures, turning to face her. “We’re a team, aren’t we? We can handle them.“

 

It takes a moment, but eventually Jihyo gives in. “Okay... But this isn’t going to be a regular occurrence! We can’t be their full time babysitters just because they want to have a fun night out.”

 

“I knew you’d come around.” He grins, pressing a kiss into her hair. “Now come on, we have more baby shoes to buy.”

 

 

 

 

“Everything’s where it’s at, like the last time. Dream’s new trick is to tell you that his homework is done, but it really isn’t, so don’t believe a word he says.” Byul lists the information off the top of her head, handing a fussy baby Song over to Jihyo. “I’m sorry we had to do this, unnie. There’s just no one else to call and my cousins are in Seoul only for tonight.”

 

It’s all very convincing, and Jihyo feels bad for even suspecting Ha Ha for faking another emergency. “No problem. They were angels the last time we were here.”

 

“Thanks again, Jihyo, hyung.” Ha Ha beams, already out of the door and waiting for Goeun. “We owe you!”

 

“You owe us double.” Jongkook glares at his dongsaeng, but he can’t stay mad when Dream and Soul are already dragging him back inside to play. 

 

Jihyo shakes her head, waving bye to Byul and Ha Ha, then shuts the door with Song still babbling in her arms. “You’re very talkative tonight, sweetie.” She smiles, kissing the baby’s rosy cheeks. 

 

Song giggles happily, raising her tone. She’s very content with being in her aunt’s embrace, and she lets her know by sprouting out more nonsensical sounds. 

 

Oh, curse Donghoon. His children were too cute for Jihyo to stay mad at him. 

 

She joins Jongkook and the two boys in the living room, where they’ve already settled down and started playing with cars. It’s a very adorable scene, seeing Jongkook sitting cross legged on the rug and pushing small toy cars with his bulky arms. Dream and Soul are on either side of him, screeching and imitating explosions.

 

“Samchon! You’re too slow to catch up with our cars!” Dream boasts, moving his car at top speed while Soul copies his hyung.

 

“Oh yeah? My car can fly, so you two are dead!” Jongkook imitates a flying airplane with his, and Soul gasps with wonder.

 

“Cool!” He shouts, raising his own toy car. “We can do that?”

 

“Why not? Mine does that too!” Dream declares, and they get distracted at this, leaving Jongkook alone while they run to around the room with their cars.

 

Jihyo sits herself beside Jongkook with Song still making incoherent sounds in her arms, chuckling lightly. “Okay, I have to apologize for thinking that this was just Donghoon oppa’s ruse to get us to come here again.” 

 

“Yeah?” He grins, settling his cars aside and fussing over baby Song. “If this is a trick, I think it’s working.“

 

“Control yourself, oppa!” She passes the baby over to him, laughing. “Don’t you dare let Ha Ha win.”

 

They watch the chaos unravel in the living room, with Dream and Soul leading the rambunctious shouting as they run around with toy cars in their hands. Jongkook is very good with children. He monitors the two boys, all while sitting with little Song babbling away in his arms.

 

Jihyo feels nothing but warmth in her chest as she looks on. “Can you imagine this being our lives in a few months?” 

 

“No, because we only have the one baby girl to look after.” He tickles Song gently, and the little girl giggles excitedly. Then he puts his arm around Jihyo’s shoulders, allowing her to lean on him. “But it’s probably going to be louder than usual.”

 

“I’m really excited.” She admits. “You’re really good with them.”

 

He settles Song down on the playmat where the boys once were, freeing up his hands to give his girlfriend a proper hug. “You’re pretty amazing with them too.”

 

“That’s because I usually have Song, and she’s an angel.” Jihyo snorts, nuzzling her head against his chest. 

 

“Unfortunately, the boys take after their dad.” Jongkook sighs, holding her close. “I can’t wait for this to be our lives.”

 

Song is still entertaining herself with some of Dream and Soul’s cars leftover from when they were playing on the mat, so they are perfectly content with staying in each other’s arms. 

 

“Did you ever think that you’d be doing this?” Jihyo asks softly, watching the little girl giggle to herself.

 

“Watching Donghoon’s kids while he attends to an ‘emergency’?” Jongkook jokes as her head tucks under his chin comfortably. 

 

She’s not at all amused at his humour, but he still presses a quick kiss to her hair before answering seriously. “I don’t think so. If someone told me I’d be here, with you?”

 

“In Donghoon’s house?” She quips, grinning.

 

“Hey, you didn’t like my joke, so I’m not laughing at yours.” He shakes his head. “But if someone told me we’d be months away from having our own baby, I wouldn’t never have believed it. I never thought I’d have the opportunity to start a family.”

 

His eyes grow soft as he glances down to meet her gaze. “And you’ve given me all that to look forward to in these short months. I’ve never been happier.”

 

Jihyo tilts her head up to kiss him, cupping his face with her hands as she moves her lips against his gently. Donghoon would kill them if he knew they were just casually making out in front of his baby daughter, but she doesn’t care. Jongkook always had a way with words, and she could fall in love with him over and over again every time he said something as sweet as that.

 

A loud crash in the other room forces them apart as they turn their heads in unison, looking at the source of the noise. Dream runs out with Soul right on his heels, both angry and yelling at one another. On cue, baby Song lets out a cry, upset by the sudden disruption to her peace on the mat.

 

And in an instant, the house is in pandemonium again. 

 

“They are all his kids.” Jongkook mutters under his breath as Jihyo picks up Song swiftly before swooping in and sandwiching herself in between the quarreling boys. She bounces the baby on her hip and she quietens, whimpering softly, all while trying to mediate the petty disagreement the two boys had. 

 

“Okay, boys.” Jihyo eyes them both firmly. “Anyone hurt?”

 

They shake their heads together simultaneously, but Jongkook notes that he’d have to check the room for any damage later on.

 

“Good.” She continues, scanning for any scratches or cuts and finding none, just two very upset boys. “So what happened in there?”

 

Dream launches into a long winded rant about Soul taking his car that’s protested by Soul himself, who claims that Dream wasn’t sharing properly. 

 

“Dream, you should always share with your dongsaeng. You’ve got plenty of toys that he could play w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter