one

LIAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chaewon had been desperately trying to wake up, screaming for help, yet nobody came. she leaves her bedroom on hands and knees, clawing her way to the stairs. pulling her head up, a number of people that looked familiar rounded the corner of her eyes.

 

they waved softly towards the girl, and for a split second, chaewon thought she had felt the warmth of home. the warmth of love. until she felt what was like strings attached to her body, pulling her soulless corpse back. each pull tearing the girl apart: her eyes watering, threatening to spill. 

 

"please, please. get out." chaewon whispered to herself, twisting her head to shake off the voices that had been murmuring at her. "please. it hurts, you're hurting me!" 

 

she had been trying to run from the crowd, yet the force only intensify each time. they hissed, telling chaewon that she would be okay. that chaewon could trust them, but the pain, the aching feeling in her heart said otherwise. 

 

an ominous boom startled chaewon out of her abysmal nightmare. her cheeks were wet and her body was bathed in a cold sweat. the sheets were twisted around her limbs, probably because she was thrashing in her sleep. her heart pounded against her chest as chaewon trembled slightly. the room was entirely dark. no light anywhere while the remnants of her nightmare still clung to her mind, haunting her closely. chaewon shook off her fear, quickly regaining her composure. shaking off the fear on face, replacing it with the same cold expression she was known for. 

 

her brain felt shot through as she coughed from the tail end of a cold. chaewon glanced at the clock, 5:13. just perfect. the girl strides to the curtains to finally let that one bit of light inside. the window was splattered with rain, the driveway covered with puddles of water and the leaves on the brown trees carried little pockets of water. a little gloomy and dark. 

 

the small chandelier in her room glistens under the small stray of sunlight. deciding to head to school a bit earlier, chaewon showered quickly before dressing herself in a plain uniform; slapping on a few random pieces of expensive jewelry. chaewon lazily makes her way to the garage, where her over-the-too cars resided. 

 

"miss, leaving so early?" an older woman calls, or a butler as some say. 

 

"yeah, i don't feel like sleeping in today. besides it's the first day of school." chaewon gives a tight smile, shrugging, before sliding on  pair of squeaky clean sneakers. 

 

she made her way into a black veyron, pulling the beige seatbelt over her petite figure, chaewon started to make her way to school. the streets were the same, the same breakfast stores, local food stalls and the same ladies outside hauling customers. this was her home. and she definitely missed it. 

 

upon reaching the stoplight, chaewon blew the smoke of her cigarette out the window, watching it be whisked away by the wind. the rain almost absent now, only the cold in the air remains. grey skies with occasional patches of dark blue, too; the clouds long gone. 

 

she rounds the corner before stopping by a large building. today had been the first day back after a break issued by their school, it was also the first day that lovely chaewon would  back in town, after almost three years. she didn't kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter