Fancy Meeting You Here

Collection Of Prompts

Prompt: chaesoo/chaelisa as lawyers
Ship: Chaelisa
Words: 973


Rosie dusts off her pants and fixes her matching blazer. She chose to wear one of her more expensive Saint Laurent suits today. She was attending a regular preliminary conference for marking of evidence, today, nothing truly special.

But it wasn’t the appointment that called for more effort with her looks - no. It wasn’t the tax court justice either. And her client’s opinion on the matter wasn’t really relevant - although she’s representing a huge pharmaceutical company on tax evasion charges today - since they won’t be there to judge her outfit, anyways.

No, Rosie dressed up for the government agent lawyering for the other side.

Special Prosecutor Lalisa Manoban.

They’ve met a few times on a few other tax evasion cases.

The special prosecutor had a particular habit of looking her up and down - from head to toe - with judging eyes and it irked Rosie to no end.

Of course, she won’t confront the other lawyer about that. No.

That’s just so very unbecoming for her.

So very unrefined.

It wasn’t like she was conscious about her appearance, anyway. She wouldn’t dare boast about being exceptionally pretty but she knows she looks good.

She arrives at the justice’s sala right on time, and enters.

Special prosecutor Manoban was already there.

In a new Balenciaga suit, Rosie’s brain notes.

Lisa looks up at her and quirks the corner of her lips up and tilts her head in greeting. Rosie returns the acknowledgement with a tight-lipped smile of her own.

And then their case is called, and they both enter their appearances.

The marking takes half a day. Rosie hurries back to the office to do more work before she decides to clock out at 8:30 pm.

A lot of people don’t like working at big law firms. And true, Rosie could see the multitude of downsides to it, but Rosie thought of it as apt for accelerating her accumulation of legal and litigation know-how.

She’ll definitely leave one day and pursue the areas of law that she really loves: human rights and international law.

Rosie feels her stomach growl and remembers she hasn’t had dinner, yet.

Feeling a little fancy tonight, she drove to the nearby hotel and decided to dine in one of the restaurants there.

Rosie didn’t mind eating dinner alone, didn’t feel pathetic. The waiter comes and hands her the menu and she doesn’t even bother looking at it - already knowing what she wants to have.

Some chicken dish and a salad and, of course, a glass of white wine.

The waiter walks away, only to reveal a woman standing behind him.

She was the last person Rosie would expect to run into tonight.

“Ms. Park.”

Lisa Manoban greets and smiles, standing in her Balenciaga suit and stilettos.

Rosie raises a surprised eyebrow and returns the greeting.

“Special Prosecutor Manoban. Fancy meeting you this evening.”

Lisa just smiles easily, eyes smoldering.

Rosie feels something tingle down her spine.

“Would you mind if I joined you, Ms. Park?”

Rosie is surprised, but she doesn’t show it. This woman would be the last person she’d expect to have dinner with.

“Not at all, prosecutor. Sit.”

Rosie gestures to the seat and Lisa gratefully takes it, throwing another easy smile at her.

The waiter comes back dutifully with another menu and Lisa gives him her order after browsing.

When the waiter takes his leave, the prosecutor turns to Rosie.

“We’re not on the clock, by the way, so there’s no need to address me so formally.” Lisa chuckles. Rosie smiles.

“Okay, then…” Rosie waits for Lisa to supply her the rest.

“Call me Lisa.”

“Okay, then, Lisa.” Rosie nods her acceptance. She extends a hand for the other woman to take. “You can call me Rosie, too.”

Lisa takes her hand, rubs a thumb across her knuckles instead of shaking it and then lets go.

Rosie isn’t going to lie and say that didn’t send another silver of excitement down her spine.

“I’ve always thought your name was pretty.” Lisa comments. “And I absolutely hate that I am about to say this, but,” she worries her lip between her teeth and looks apologetic, “it’s actually perfect for a pretty girl like you.”

Rosie laughs at that.

Who knew that big name government lawyers liked to use cliches to get the girl, too?

“I can forgive you for being cheesy.” Rosie smiles. “Call it pretty privilege on your part.” She ends that sentence with a wink.

Now, it’s Lisa’s turn to laugh, too.

Their food arrives and the night goes on. They eat and talk and laugh and flirt.

At the end of the night, Lisa walks her to the spot where her car is parked.

 “So, what should I do in case I need to contact you?” Lisa asks.

Rosie raises an eyebrow.

“What would you need to contact me for?”

Lisa shrugs.

“Work. Maybe another dinner when we’re off the clock.”

“Hmm.” Rosie pretends to be thinking about it. She reaches a hand out. “Give me your phone.”

Lisa obeys, fishing her smartphone out of her bag and handing it to Rosie.

Rosie punches in her digits, then looks up and returns the phone to Lisa.

“See you in court, then.” Rosie winks. “Or somewhere else, when we’re off the clock.”

Lisa smiles.

“See you.”

The blonde lawyer gets into her car and the prosecutor walks off to get to hers.

Lisa takes her time. And when she hears the other lawyer’s car drive off she first pumps into the air and lets out a quiet ‘woo!’ in celebration.

She’s wanted to get the other lawyer’s personal number for so long and wanted to ask her out. But she’d always chickened out right without trying. So all Lisa could do was stare and stare at her every time they’d meet.

Not anymore, though.