Just Do It

Collection Of Prompts

Prompt: 'have you ever shot your shot and got shot down?'
Ship: Chaelisa
Words: 1253


Lisa opens and closes her fists, palms sweating.

Seulgi looks up at her, eyebrows raised and mouth hanging open slightly.

“I’m gonna do it, Seul. I’m really gonna do it,” Lisa says, taking deep gulps of breath.

Seulgi just blinks at her, exaggeratedly.

“Uh-huh. Sure you are.”

Lisa taps both of her feet anxiously.

They were hanging at their usual coffee shop across the dance studio as they always do during breaks or after practice. They were both dance tutors who needed to replenish the sugar in their bodies after sweating and moving - Seulgi with her cakes and pastries or bread and Lisa with her usual cold chocolate milk.

But since two weeks ago, the sweets weren’t the only reason for their visits.

See, two weeks ago, Lisa and Seulgi happened to go to the coffee shop one hour a little too early. Lisa can’t remember if it was because Wendy - the shop owner -  had called Seulgi to try her newest experiment on cupcake flavors or if it was because Seulgi just wanted to see Wendy.

Either way, it was because Wendy was there. She often wasn’t and Seulgi wanted to grab the opportunity.

(Seulgi had been in love with her best friend since they were 19. And as you would expect, Seulgi hasn’t confessed yet. If you asked Lisa - or anyone else with eyes - Wendy and Seulgi were pretty much married and head over heels for each other. But alas, just like any other disaster gay story about best friends falling in lvoe with each other, neither of them have made any moves nor acted on their feelings.)

Lisa had often chided or teased Seulgi about the whole Wendy .

You should do something.

You’re just wasting time.

She’s obviously in love with you, too, .

And that is why now, Lisa is more than determined to be a woman that leads by example.

“I’m going to do it.” Lisa says again, eyes trained on a slender blonde woman a few tables away.

“I’ve been waiting for you to do it.” Seulgi answers, eyes turning into little half moons as she smirks.

See, two weeks ago, Lisa and Seulgi stopped just coming to the cafe for their sugar fix.

Because two weeks ago Lisa stood behind the cutest, prettiest girl with blonde hair at the counter and watched her order Jasmine tea.

Lisa stood and stared for two whole minutes as the blonde walked to her table with a laptop on top, set her tea down on a coaster and started typing something.

The barista, Momo, who is also a friend and part-time dance instructor, had to snap her fingers in front of Lisa’s face to get her attention.

Lisa was sheepish and embarrassed. Momo just rolled her eyes.

How predictable of Lisa to be drooling over a slim, pretty blonde.

The next day, Lisa dragged Seulgi to the coffee shop an hour earlier than their usual - the same time as the day before when they saw the blonde.

And Lisa was right about her hunch because the blonde was there again, with her tea and laptop, sipping and typing away.

“Seul.” Lisa called her friend. “What do you think of that blonde girl over there?” She asked.

Seulgi turned to look, very obviously. Lisa kicked her shin under the table. Seulgi flinched and glared at her friend.

“Ow. ‘the hell?”

“Don’t be too obvious about it!” Lisa harshly whispered, eyes big, round, and annoyed.

Seulgi rubbed her shin

“Sorry, sheesh.”

Seulgi looked again and tried to be more discreet. She turned back to Lisa.

“Oh. Cute. Pretty. Hot. Great bod.” Seulgi said, as if ticking off boxes in her head. “Exactly your type.”

Lisa smirked.

“I’m gonna go get her number.”

And yeah, that was two weeks ago.

So it’s understandable now that Seulgi is less than convinced when Lisa tells her she’ll finally go up and get the pretty blonde’s number.

“Lisa, you’ve been telling yourself you’re gonna go up to her and get her number for two weeks. Today you’ve repeated that to yourself for thirty minutes.” Seulgi looks at her friend with sympathy. “I know it’s hard, bud. We can try again tomorrow.”

Lisa finally looks at Seulgi - she’s looked at no one else but the pretty blonde the whole time they were there today - but only to shoot her friend a glare.

“I WILL get her number, okay? If I don’t do this then how the hell are you going to confess to Wen-”

Seulgi’s hand shoots out to cover her friend’s huge yapping pie hole.

“Dude, what the ?! You really wanna announce that in the coffee shop she owns?”

Lisa rolls her eyes and Seulgi takes her hand off.

“Like people don’t already know you guys are in love with each other.” Lisa mutters under her breath.

Seulgi just sighs and shakes her head.

“Just go get the pretty blonde’s number and let’s be done with this.”

Lisa exhales a breath. And another. And another.

On the fifth deep breath, her legs suddenly push her up forcefully and she shoots out from her seat.

Seulgi looks up at her in surprise and maybe a little bit of admiration.

Lisa takes a step towards the blonde. And another. And another.

Seulgi can’t believe her eyes.

It’s actually happening.

And then Lisa stops just a distance away from the pretty blonde.

The girl looks up from her work, a little surprised, a little confused, and a little curious as to what this may be about. She pulls out the earbuds stuck in her ears and raises a questioning brow.

“Can I help you?”

Lisa feels herself freeze, finds herself unable to answer. The blonde girl leans forward, resting elbows on her table and tilts her head.

“Um?”

And somehow the gears inside her body start working again.

“Hi!” Lisa says awkwardly.

“Hello?”

And then Lisa discovers that she didn’t really have any solid plan or strategy on how to go about this. ‘Hi-can-I-have-your-number’ would probably sound way too creepy.

Unfortunately-

“Can I have your number?”

- is what tumbles out of .

Lisa shuts her eyes and feels her cheeks reddening from embarrassment. What the was she doing?

The pretty blonde just blinks at her.

“Did you just ask for my number?”

Lisa couldn’t do anything but nod.

“Yeah. Yep. I did.”

The blonde laughs.

“What’s the number for ‘NO’?”

Seulgi watches from afar, not really being able to hear what her friend was saying. But from the expression of the girl and the way Lisa’s shoulders were tense and she looked like a robot, Seulgi could tell it was not going well.

Yikes.

Lisa finally walks back to her, expression blank except for a little bit of trauma in her eyes.

Seulgi is afraid to ask. But she was glad she didn’t have to when Lisa speaks.

“I asked for her number.”

Seulgi waits for Lisa to continue.

“She asked me what the number was for ‘no’.”

Seulgi winces and feels for her friend.

“Dude, that is HARSH.”

Lisa just looks off to the distance, eyes straight ahead and not really seeing anything.

“Yeah it was,” she sighs.

Seulgi nods.

“I’ll try again tomorrow.”

“Yeah, you sh-- wait, what?”

Lisa nods.

“I’ll ask her name first. Or find common ground. Or ask Momo for help. I don’t know. I won’t force her to talk to me or anything, but I’ll be persistent.”

Seulgi sputters.

“But why?”

And then Lisa grins.

“Because she still called me cute.”