Chapter 2: The Dog in the Basket

Y.Y.Y (You, yes. You.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First and foremost, the idea of dinner with the family that owns the hotel is quite amazing actually----if you are going to align it on a rich man’s perspective.  I am aware of my status in this world, whether I would take the fact that I am well off or I can provide for the needs of my wellbeing. 

For the record, I own a Benz, black, and is already covered with dust on the garage Yuri owned on the other side of the lake.  However, I don’t harbor enough dollars to be on par with the Hwang family.  Moreover having dinner with them is a ridiculous idea.  I might puke by the sight of Jessica in her model element, let’s say I don’t accustom myself with Jessica having clothes. 

 

 To put it simpler, one-night stand with Jessica isn’t exactly a one night stand, more like a week stand. So on, so forth. Next topic.

 

And Tiffany, seeing myself in that big round table with her father, her mother, her twin sister and that good for nothing freeloader she got for an adopted brother, bugs me to no end. I had to engulf an anxiety pill.  I decided after several commercials on the television that I would be absent from the dinner party, which means I probably have pizza or a cold beer and Netflix for tonight.  I can’t even cook a hotdog even if my life depends on it.  Besides, the hotdog shelf in the grocery’s fridge is way too high for my height.

 

Even if the ground will swallow me whole it wouldn’t be enough to pick me from the middle of things I jumped myself into.

 

 

The night dwindled and my room was cold, the island is chilly at night that is why I didn’t bother to install an air conditioner.  I slept through the afternoon and when I took my phone to check the time, it screamed dawn.  

Massaging my head just because it ached a lot, I stumbled on the cord of an extension plug.  How many times do I need to evaluate myself to be careful and not act like a kindergarten? 

Oh, I didn’t.

 

My stomach screamed in pain as I held the lock of my bicycle, “Just one minute! Freaking organ can’t take a hint! I am going to feed you just one moment! Geez.”

 

I fumbled with the lock and when it finally came to the last number in the combination, it separated with a soft click earning a smile from me. With a huff and a few puffs, I went out to find a restaurant that operates at dawn.  

Unfortunately, there were none.  It is my fault for not having a stash of food in my fridge, and I blame myself for that.

 

The lake was serene, and I eventually saw the sun coming up to welcome a new day.  Orange colors splashed on the sky like a painting and in a matter of seconds, I stood there like a lunatic, admiring the beauty of nature.

 

I will have to get to work in an hour and I have yet to fulfill my stomach with its desire.  I think I will take my coffee fix and also my past due-dinner in the cafeteria.  At least the food there is edible rather than me cooking soggy instant noodles, so I took my bike and I rolled and rolled until well, I almost fell.

 

“Oh my god,” I muttered low, seeing two bikers not far from where I was standing, I recognized those faces everywhere.  The grip I had on the bicycle suddenly felt like the air that eventually in a small period, I saw the world rolling.

 

“Oh My God Jessi! Somebody fell off the bike!” That voice, so loud and clear is filled with a sense of urgency and worry like do I even have to act like I was hit by a truck coz I would be down for it.

 

But hell it hurts.  I didn’t fall that high but the impact of the hard pavement and my limp body due to excessive shock is making it harder for me.  Adrenaline pumped into my body and I rose from the ground, looking straight into Tiffany Hwang’s eyes.

 

She stopped running towards me while I saw Jessica at the back languidly strutting.  She looks like she needs another 24 hours of nap by the looks of her drowsy eyes.  In all seriousness why the hell are the two of them going rounds on the island at this time of the day? That probably I would never know unless I pry.

 

“Taeyeon?” Of course, Tiffany knows me.  Who doesn’t? But I am not on speaking terms with her.  This little woman is merely an employee that happens to sleep with her twin sister constantly, not even a big deal right?

 

“Oh my god, Tiffany? Wow, you are up early.” My voice sounded pitchy.  It sounded like I am girly ever since I was born.  I have produced so much effort to appear nonchalant and not embarrassed by my own doing that my voice failed me when I needed it the most.

 

Tiffany looked down and I swore on my life she was trying not to laugh. 

 

“You fell off your bike.” She smiled, oh my god good morning sunshine.  Now that smile is the sunshine the island needs.  Contrary to everyone’s belief, I think Tiffany is more beautiful than Jessica.

 

Jessica embodies the perfect face of a demon who is tired.  Tiffany, on the other hand, is positively alluring and is gentle. 

 

 I like those kinds of girls.  They were so easy to manipulate and they are also screamers in bed.  I was taken back to reality when I heard Tiffany cough.

 

For the love of God, I am thinking those kinds of things in front of her.  Where did I even put my respect? Oh yeah, it is in my stomach.  Can’t access it yet I suppose.

 

 

“No, I was just merely checking my skills.” I laughed. Lame.

 

 

“Of falling? Good Morning Taeyeon.” Jessica appeared beside Tiffany. 

 

“You didn’t join us for dinner last night.  Daddy wanted to give you that as a reward for being hardworking.” Tiffany’s brows scrunched right at the center of her face.  

 

She sounded like it was a waste for me not to be there.  In all my years of working in their hotel, I knew the patterns of their family dinners like the back of my hand.  Yesterday, was a schedule.  I am pretty sure of it.

 

Knowing Jessica she would’ve invited me there to make fun of me, worse, she would invite the police to pick me up just because.  Jail would be fun though, Yuri is there.  At least.

 

“Don’t give me that goody goody crap I ain’t falling for that .”

 

I stapled my mouth with my palms.  I have spoken my thoughts.  Spoken like a true , I permit the grounds to swallow me now.  Welcome me in your embrace, hell.

 

Jessica and Tiffany are fraternal twins but at the sight of their reactions, I digress.

 

I bowed down, I believe that the less explanation, the better.

 

I never looked back.  Nope.

 

 —

 

A classic pantsuit with a bow tie.  That is strictly my work uniform.  I looked like a freaking clown with eye bags the moment I entered the employee’s entrance.  The back of the hotel is swarmed with several cooks and hotel staff puffing up smoke, it’s cold and autumn is quite near. 

 

I passed by Mr. Smith, the owner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter