Chapter 1: On Rainy Days

Y.Y.Y (You, yes. You.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER I

   ON RAINY DAYS   


There she was dashing and sophisticated.  The rain has fallen from the sky like missles and it was impossible for the roads to be used but when you have a boyfriend as bulky as hulk himself with a 4x4 pick up ready to shift on the first gear, you will realize it is just one hell of a bumpy ride.


Tiffany alighted from the car and oh so she does it well.


 She clicks her toe first and then her heels followed and then there she goes with her catwalk.  3:30 AM. Too early to flaunt the riches but it is like a normal day for her. 


Her boyfriend followed her like a mosquito, who looks exactly like a mosquito with additional eyebrows or so, he is freaking eyeing her neck.  He should’ve left a mark last night, you know in their sessions.  It is not exactly a sight to behold, following your girlfriend like that, looking like you want to eat her.  In public.  Not exactly wonderful if you ask me.
Of course with the scarf around her neck and her slightly red nose begging to be squeezed, I would say he definitely left a mark.  Oh to be in love, I almost sighed.  High-end red stilettos and the classic signature handbag that costs half of my yearly rent.  I merely bowed when she passes through me and her small smile is enough for us to swoon for another century and a half.

“You should have said hi.” Sunny continues on her drink like nothing happened.


Particularly at this time of night or dawn rather, there is only one pub left to cater to the needs of the liver and that is where everyone goes.  The reason why this pub is an exception the 2 AM close rule never dawned to me like a question mark, maybe because the owner is fraternizing with the mayor of the town.  Which is know-how already?


Never mind the social status or the amount of money in your credit card, the common denominator is that you are here for the booze.  You are here to be laid, get a grip and ride it out till sunset.

“Say hi and what?”

Sunny snorted, “Say hi and get a room behind the cubicles? I don’t really know how you do your girls Taeng.”

“I do them good.” I relished on the bitter taste of whiskey and eyed Sunny that I swore I saw her brown eyes turn, browner? If that is even the case. Or it is just I am drunk as hell.

“Besides, have you ever seen the guy beside her, that is her boyfriend.” I pointed at the two of them at the end.  Beer can for the weak- dip. And a fancy red wine for the goddess.

“Like everyone on the island knows for gods sakes. But that didn’t stop you from sleeping with her sister you low high moron!” If only I can staple , I would’ve done that in a heartbeat however as circumstances may occur, I heed no attention to my idea.

I watched Sunny blabber more profanities and more hiccups from being too drunk.  And then I hear her end her monologue.

“Her boyfriend is not her sister’s.  It is called respect.  Besides Jessica doesn’t have a boyfriend.  Learn math.” I say.  
“But still? You are acting shy now when it is Tiffany but oh when it was Jessica you deliberately crossed the line and in the morning you suffered what? hangover?” Sunny laughed, turning her head back to stop herself from laughing.  I should staple . I should yes.

“I was drunk, she was too. End of the story, wait for the movie.” I clicked the glass to signal the bartender to pour me another batch.  Drunkards like Sunny tend to harbor many intellectual capabilities and I have one too, the problem is I am sober and she isn’t.  I needed to get drunk tonight, I hate losing.  Competitive is my middle name.

“I was just urging you to get the introductions on.  Sure as hell, Jessica told her twin sister about her oh so rough night with a stranger that looks like a reincarnation of the shortest poltergeist ever.”

Well, that is insulting.

“She has a boyfriend. 
Moral of the story.  I would pass this disrespect just because you are drunk but call me a Poltergeist again..”

“Just say hi.  One hi.  You’ve been eyeing her for how many years already?” Sunny’s laugh didn’t decrease but the mocking look is gone.

“Just a hi?”

“Yes.  And I am sure the end of the night you will get high.”

I shouldn’t have trusted her.


4:00 AM.

Wow thirty minutes into the drinking spree, her boyfriend is already lapping her lips.  I would’ve gagged.  It is gross. Considering the fact that she is kissing back I supposed she liked it but from my own personal set of beliefs, it is an utmost sin to use your tongue after a battle with cheap beer and worse, the dip latched his lips into the full ones of Tiffany Hwang.  It is a mortal sin.

It is devastating to watch him kiss her while I’m here debating if I should say “Hi.”  

Sunny is passed out on the sofa, the people are still buzzing on the dance floor.  Same as usual, girls come passing by to drop their handkerchief on my table.  Those pathetic one-night stands are long way gone of my agenda tonight thank you very much.

Everyone knows I’m gay but everyone should know that I am gay with standards.  If that already rings the bell then you are welcome to come in the intellectual world of Kim Taeyeon.  Which to conclude the long story short, I only sleep with the worthy. 
T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter