Just Guys Being Dudes: The first installment

Kinder Club

a tiny time skip...like a week I think but it's Tuesday so more than a week hehe. Also a small break from the classroom. Okay, enjoy reading!

. . .

Another day had passed and the kids had all filed out of the classroom, leaving only Yerim at Jinsoul's desk playing a game as per usual. She had already finished tidying up and fed Dialga his second meal of freeze-dried blood worms and cleaned out his filter. Completely out of things to do Jinsoul predicted Jungeun would be here any moment, maybe in hospital scrubs if she had any patients to visit. Yerim caught on to this as well since she began to slip on her purple trucker jacket that Jinsoul had noticed was identical to the yellow one Hyunjin was often seen wearing. "Ms. Jung?" Yerim called softly. She turned her head away from Dialga's aquarium and gave the girl her attention. "Hyunjin read me a book yesterday, it was super big like a thousand pages! Have you read any books that have a thousand pages?"

"I try not to read things that aren't scripts or subtitles, Choerry." Yerim nodded before furrowing her eyebrows in thought. "What was it about?"

"Well, the book Hyunjin read to me was about different worlds," She slumped back in her seat pouting before continuing. "She says that if it's true then there are hundreds of worlds where she and I don't exist and more where we do."

"Then let's be glad we're in this world, right?" Yerim hums before looking at the clock above the door and then returns her gaze to her teacher.

"I'm not too sad about it though."

"Why's that?"

"Hyunjin says that if there are one-hundred worlds where we don't exist then there's at least one where my mom doesn't meet my dad and she gets to be with you instead. I don't mind that world because I know she'll be happy." Yerim concluded, placing her large violet backpack on Jinsoul's desk with a thud. She blinked dumbfounded by the young girl's words. Jinsoul got up from her knees and closed the lid of Dialga's aquarium, calmly walking over to Yerim trying not to seem too affected.

"What'd you mean by that?" She asked tentatively. Yerim looked at her quizzically as if she should've known the answer to her own question. Her expression soon morphed into an amused smile as she giggled softly.

"Who wouldn't want to be with their best friend forever! I think I'd be happy if I got to spend all-day with Yeojin, Chaewon, and Hyejoo." Jinsoul laughed at Yerim's naivety but also at herself for overthinking the six-year-old's words.

"You scared me there, I thought you were implying something different."

"What else could I have meant, silly?" Yerim chortled cutely, jumping to her feet when the clacking of heels began echoing in the halls. A few moments later Jungeun had appeared in the doorway in her usual black pencil skirt and white dress shirt, her hair tied up in a messy high ponytail. Jinsoul suspected she had just left work since she still had on a pearl white lab coat with her laminated name tag dangling from her neck. She gave her a small smile as she motioned Yerim to her side, the younger girl complied, running up to wrap her mother's waist in a tight hug. A small 'oof' left Jungeun's mouth upon impact, she laughed warily ruffling up Yerim's raven locks.

"Rough day?" Jungeun asked smiling. She was probably referring to Jinsoul's punch-stained white jumper but she let herself believe it was because she was genuinely curious and not teasing her like usual.

"Ms. Jung was helping Yeojin practice spit takes during snack time!" Jungeun chuckled at Yerim's enthusiasm, before looking at Jinsoul with pursed lips and a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, maybe kool-aid wasn't the best practice tool," She mumbled shamefully, combing her messy bangs till she was satisfied with their position. "I bribed Sooyoung into letting me use her fancy washing machine, so, no harm no foul!" Jungeun shook her head in disapproval. Though their relationship hasn't changed much now that they were back in each other's lives, a big change Jinsoul often found herself noticing was that Jungeun was often the one taking care of her rather than the other way around. Maybe it was because she was a mother now and taking care of people she cared about was second nature to her, or maybe it was because it was quite obvious Jinsoul wasn't the best at adulting.

"Text me your address."

"Why?"

"Because I'm doing you're laundry from now on."

"I'm not a child Lip-"

"Uh-uh, no back talk young lady"

"I'm older than you-"

"Shush."

"But-"

"No." Jinsoul sighed, surrendering to Jungeun's insistence, planning to find a way to somehow intervene when the time came. Yerim reached her arms up, her mother responding by picking her up and placing a kiss on the side of the girl's head. Sighing contentedly, Yerim laid her head on Jungeun's shoulder and closed her eyes. "Walk me to the car?" Jungeun whispered, setting a hand on Yerim's head. Jinsoul nodded, grabbing her jacket and keys, turning the lights off and closing the door as they walked out of the classroom.

"I hear Jiwoo's taking care of the kids this weekend," The older of the two spoke quietly as they walked through the empty halls. "Anything special planned with Minhyun?"

"We're going to see an improv group, but here's the catch they're all drunk snobby rich has-been actors."

"He likes that stuff?"

"Yes! They're so dramatic for no reason, it's hilarious, like, it's so bad but so good!" The two adults broke out into giggles. Yerim rustled out of her slumber, looking at them with heavy eyelids. She hit them both lightly sending them piercing glares, before returning to her previous position in her mother's arms. They giggled once more -- silently this time before the two continued their conversation. "How are you and Haseul? Have you asked her out on a second date yet?" Jinsoul shook her head pouting, the younger woman sighed shaking her head. "You do like her, right?"

"Of course, but I don't know what she's into! On our first date, we went to Everland but that's the childish stuff I like."

"It's not childish...it's charming." Jinsoul scoffed, Jungeun gave her a teasing smirk. "Seriously, it's endearing." Jinsoul groaned frustrated, shoving her hands in her jacket pockets.

"But Haseul, she's so -- ugh she's so mature, you know? The world could be falling apart but she'd still look like she's got everything under control. She's so selfless too, from the first day I met her I just knew she was going to be someone special. Her lips are soft too-"

"You kissed!? On the lips!?!" Jungeun shrieked, causing a disgruntled Yerim to huff. She whispered a soft 'sorry' before rubbing the child's scalp to lull her back to sleep. 

"Yeah, only like a few times here and there. They were all mostly just small pecks, nothing too exciting."

"Mostly?"

"Y-yeah, why, do you think it's too fast?" Jinsoul stuttered out nervously focusing her eyes on Jungeun, waiting for her answer eagerly. Jungeun looked at the older womam with agape and wide blinking eyes. She cleared , sniffling a bit.

"Yep. Yes, too fast. Way, too fast." She blurted out, Jinsoul looked down and kicked her feet guiltily. "I-I have an idea!" She looked up once again giving Jungeun an excited smile.

"Do you?"

"Yeah! Uhm," Jungeun furrowed her eyebrows. "How about you come to see the improv group with us?"

"Jungeun, I don't want to intrude."

"No! You know you won't. It'll be a double date!" 

. . .

Jinsoul laid on Sooyoung's comfortable suede couch, her limbs sprawled, taking up all the space. Sooyoung shoved her legs to the side, taking a seat with a large bag of chips in her hands. "Aren't you a model?" Jinsoul asked giving her a teasing smirk, she rose her eyebrow in confusion before sneering at her.

"Shut up, I'm pretty." She grumbled, taking a fistful of the greasy snack and messily stuffing it into . She the TV, switching through channels before stopping abruptly with a gasp. ", that's Doyeon."

"Jiwoo's best friend-slash-new roommate that doubles as your worst enemy?" Jinsoul asked curiously as she turned her body to face the television. "Social media icon, Choi Yoojung, reportedly dating a convicted felon?? Wait, Lil' Sunshine Chuu is hanging out with convicts!?!"

"I know, I told her to stay away from her but she says she's harmless!"

"Oh- what? No! That's badass!" Jinsoul sat up straight, grabbing her phone from her pocket, quickly searching up gossip news outlets for the story. "Bro?"

"What?" Sooyoung snapped as she angrily shoveled more chips into .

"You're letting your girl hang out with an arsonist? Dude, this chick burned a whole church down!"

"WHAT!?!"

"Chill, chill, the church was the base of a child e ring. That explains why she isn't rotting in a cell right now."

"That doesn't justify it, she could've killed innocent bystanders!"

"I mean..." Jinsoul side-eyed the model, smirking at her growing frustration. "She didn't though." Sooyoung seethed clenching her fists, turning the chips in her hands into nothing but crumbs.

"Gosh, she's so infuriating, she's always getting herself into trouble trying to act like some kind of modern-day vigilante."

"Sounds like you care about her."

"I don't. I care about Jiwoo's well being, I know how much she loves Doyeon but I don't want her caught up in any of that idiot's mess."

"I still think it's pretty badass." Jinsoul sniggered amused, Sooyoung huffed once more throwing the bag of potato chips at her best friend's head before escaping to the mahogany wine-cabinet at the corner of the living room. Jinsoul chuckled knowing well Sooyoung only drank when she was stressed, she knew when she left the room Sooyoung would call Doyeon up immediately.

"Asked Haseul on a date yet?" The tall woman asked holding up a bottle of cabernet silently asking if Jinsoul wanted a glass. She gave her a thumbs-up, before laying back down on the couch.

"We're going on a double date with Jungeun and Minhyun."  Sooyoung gave Jinsoul a pointed look before handing her the glass of wine, setting her's down on the glass coffee table. Pushing Jinsoul's legs out of the way for the second time today as she sat on the couch waiting for her to explain. "I was a little wary too, but she insisted."

"She insisted?"

"Yeah!" Sooyoung snorted as she took a small sip from her wine glass.

"What?" She shook her head dismissingly before finishing her drink in one swift motion and setting the -- now empty glass on the table.

"Have you guys made out in the janitor's closet yet? It's a great experience."

"Please leave your gross es between you and Jiwoo."

"I'm serious, Haseul needs to loosen up a bit anyway. She's too...adult-esc, you know?"

"No, I don't, Sooyoung." Jinsoul spat, drinking the rest of her wine. "How about you and Jiwoo? You guys break up cause you forgot the Pythagorean Theorum again?" Sooyoung scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest as she continued to watch the TV. "So?"

"We're on a break."

"What, till five?" Sooyoung rolled her eyes, grabbing the bottle of cabernet to fill her glass once more. She stayed silent, switching the channel to some cheesy romance drama as she played with the fabric of her jeans. She looked distant and it worried Jinsoul to no end. "Are you okay?" She shrugged, pursing her lips, and furrowing her eyebrows in faux concentration. She was staring at Park Seo-Joon like he was the most interesting thing she's ever seen. Jinsoul whined loudly, kicking the side of her body to try to get some sort of reaction from her. All she did was glare at the younger woman before returning her attention to the drama. "Sooyoungie~"

"Never call me that."

"Jiwoo can! Do I mean nothing to you! Let me remind we did date for three days at some point."

"Not my proudest moment." She hissed, bringing her knees up to her chest and pouting. "She said she loves me."

"And you're sad, isn't that the one thing you've been waiting to hear for, like, ever??"

"I'm not sad about that, I'm upset because she hurt me and I'm trying to rant but you're not taking me seriously."

"I'm taking you seriously, please rant!" Jinsoul rolled her eyes at Sooyoung's childish behavior. Surprisingly out of the two of them, though Jinsoul might've been the least mature by definition, Sooyoung whined the most and she hated it. She constantly needed attention and Jinsoul was sort of glad she became so infatuated with Jiwoo so quickly because then she wouldn't look for it from her.

"Why are you so mean?"

"WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING!?"

. . .

"Oh, come on! Yena didn't even touch him!" Vivi yelled uncharacteristically loud standing from her seat abruptly. It had been Jinsoul's first proper in-person encounter with the famed lawyer though she was nonetheless surprised to see her so riled-up over twenty or so ten-year-olds and a ball. They were in the stands with a crowd of other parents and students all decked out in black and white. Yerim was in Jinsoul's lap cheering loudly for Hyunjin even though the girl hasn't even entered the field since Heejin was in for goal-keeper. The team was losing not because it was bad rather Heejin was bad, their only hope was to keep the ball away from their side of the field till half-time and get in as many goals as they could. This was proving quite difficult since the referee didn't seem to be the biggest fan of Block Berry Champions School for the Gifted and continually gave it's players penalty after penalty. 

"This referee's a total idiot is he blind? It's not Yena's fault this Jeno kid tripped over her pass!" Jiwoo joined in on the complaining, giving Heejin apologetic eyes when the sulky girl met her gaze. The only thing separating them from the field was a chain-link fence and a bench with the remaining players sitting on it. Jinsoul could see Hyunjin's back, her shoulders slumped, and a scowl probably plastered on her face reminding her that she was indeed Jungeun's daughter. "Vivi, I'm sorry, but someone needs to take Heejin off that field." Jiwoo grimaced as Heejin failed to keep the ball out of the net once again when the opposing team took their penalty shot.

"Don't worry I completely agree. HEEJIN, THE BALL ISN'T SUPPOSED TO GO IN SWEETIE!!" Heejin glared at her foster-mother as she pouted crossing her arms in protest as she let another shot enter the net. "I LOVE YOU!" Jinsoul giggled at Vivi and Heejin's honest relationship. The whistle blew and it was half-time, the teams left the field to join their respective coaches for a huddle and a water break. Hyunjin had turned around to face them, sitting on her knees looking frustrated.

"It's okay Hyunie, when you get out there you'll turn the game around for sure." Hyunjin scoffed at Jiwoo's words, the crease on her forehead deepening. According to Jiwoo, Hyunjin was quite the star athlete, she's played every single position on the team -- goalie being what she's most comfortable with not to say she wasn't equally as good at the rest.

"Hyunjin!" A blue haired-girl in the same black and white striped jersey came barrelling towards Hyunjin, an unenthusiastic Heejin in tow. The un-named girl gave them a small respectful smile before turning back to Hyunjin in a slight panic. "Coach says you gotta play midfielder."

"What about goalie? We don't have anyone else to take Heejin's place."

"Heejin's still in, I'm defender, Haechan's in forward. We keep the ball out of Heejin's reach we can catch up."

"I'm offended." Heejin deadpans picking at the dirt under her fingernails pursing her lips.

"Can we win?"

"I don't know, but it's our best shot at turning this game around Hyun."

"Ryujin's right, just make sure Heejinie doesn't mess up." Hyunjin smiles at her sister ignoring Heejin's whining and following the two girls back to their coach.  The whistle blows once more signaling the start of the third quarter. Heejin's still in goal looking focused but uncertain, Ryujin gives the timid girl a reassuring thumbs-up from her position, not doing much to calm her nerves though. Hyunjin was in the center circle with the boy, Jeno, from earlier only a soccer ball separating them. The two soccer players stare at each other, Hyunjin looked as if she came for death while Jeno seemed to be trembling in fear though he kept a strong facade. The referee's whistle blew and they were off, Hyunjin starting with the ball. She played with the ball, swerving around players passing off to a girl named Lia, Jinsoul recognized as Yuna's, awfully young yet mature, babysitter. 

"Lia! Lia! Lia!" Jiwoo chanted standing from her seat as the girl maneuvered around the field successfully passing it to a baby-faced brunette boy. Yerim had stood up now as well, looking through the fence cheering loudly.

"Jeez, I never thought a kid's game would be so exciting!" Jinsoul yelled over the cheers in Vivi's direction, as she too had gotten on her feet in anticipation.

"These aren't kids, Jinsoul, they're beasts." The lawyer spoke, just as the brunette boy had kicked the ball, the goalkeeper just missing it by a few centimeters as it had made its way cleanly into the top-right corner of the net. The crowd erupted into thunderous applause chanting 'BBC' as the brunette boy blew kisses to the crowd while running around the field in victory. The game was far from over though, BBC was still behind three to six, despite the large gap in points the odds looked evened out now.

Minutes that felt like hours had passed and the teams went back and forth. They were tied seven to seven, fifty seconds on the clock, and tragedy had struck. The opposing side had the ball, getting dangerously close to the goal. Ryujin and a few other players were trying to intercept passes when Hyunjin finally takes possession. She passes it through a girl's legs, trying to get it to Ryujin, but her leg slips and the girl topples over taking Hyunjin down with her. The crowd was silent, a crack could be heard echoing through the park.

"Oh no..."

"You have got to be kidding me..." Vivi buried her face in her hands, Jiwoo and Jinsoul winced. Hyunjin rolled off the girl, getting up and brushing off her knees looking terrified. Hyunjin was already burly for a girl her age due to all the exercise she does weekly, the girl she had just trampled had quite the small frame and was currently laying flat on the artificial turf looking dazed. All the players on the field had gathered around the girl, leaving space for the nurse on duty to rush in. The nurse glared at Hyunjin, causing the girl to look down sheepishly.  The whole park still silent, with a few murmurs coming from the opposing team members.

"It's broken." The nurse shook her head, two volunteers had come on to the field carrying the girl away on a stretcher. The referee looked directly at Hyunjin's eyes as he pulled out a red card. The crowd groans loudly, as Hyunjin stomps off the field angrily, returning to the bench with an annoyed expression.

"With Hyunjin down their screwed." Jiwoo shook her head solemnly. Jinsoul looked at Hyunjin's down-trodden figure as feelings of guilt washed over her. She jumped over the fence, high on emotion, and took a seat next to the girl wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"I'll gladly beat up the referee after the game, I have nothing to lose," Jinsoul said in full sincerity, Hyunjin chuckled lightly at the comment. "I'm serious."

"You and what army?"

"Okay fine, Jiwoo will beat him up, does that sound more believable?" She spat, putting the girl in a playful headlock. Hyunjin whined hitting the woman's arm repeatedly, Jinsoul ruffled up her hair a bit before she let Hyunjin free. "How about we go get ice cream, then I'll drop you off at Heejin's."

"Fine, but who's gonna tell my mom I broke a girl's leg."

"She'll find out."

. . .

Yeojin sat on Haseul's lap grumpily eating her ham sandwich as Chaewon stared daggers in her direction. Since Yeojin was quite the trouble maker, she often had to make her sit in the teacher's lounge with them during recess. Jinsoul's sure she didn't mind since Haseul and Jiwoo often showered the small girl with affection and always packed extra food for her. This time Chaewon had joined them today as well since the two thought it'd be a good idea to put Ms. Bae's goldfish in Dialga's aquarium. "We just thought Dialga needed a friend, I didn't know they were gonna fight!"

"I feel like we shouldn't believe that." Jiwoo pointed an accusatory finger at Yeojin who held her hands up in defense.

"Okay, I've thrown a few a fish in the past but I've learned from my mistakes! I've grown, okay?" Yeojin retorted, pouting as Haseul wiped the crumbs off her cheek. "Ms. Bae keeps her fish in a tiny little fishbowl and it made me realize Dialga's spoiled! I thought it would humble him if he roomed with a poor man."

"You look a little spoiled right now maybe someone needs to humble you..." Chaewon grumbled under her breath, taking a long sip from her juice box. If Haseul hadn't held Yeojin down, Jinsoul was almost positive an all-out brawl would begin between the two six-year-olds. They had been fighting this entire time about who's at fault and who should be punished.

"Chaewon..." Haseul warned, still attempting to stop Yeojin from jumping over the table.

"This is all her fault, she knows I'm Ms. Bae's favorite so she made me steal the fish knowing I wouldn't get caught."

"You liar! You volunteered! And I told you we weren't stealing anything, we were saving it!"

"That's a lie, everyone here knows I would never volunteer for something unless there was some sort of crime involved!"

"So you admit you did know Dialga was a killer."

"What? No, stupid!"

"Chaewon!" Haseul scolded, Chaewon rolled her eyes.

"Since you two want to blame each other instead of taking responsibility, then both of you can write a page long apology letter to Ms. Bae and no recess for two days," Chaewon groaned loudly as Yeojin blew air out of her nose in anger. Jiwoo patted Jinsoul's back impressed with the authority in her tone, Haseul clapped softly as well. With ten minutes left of recess, Jinsoul let the kids rejoin their friends on the grounds they don't cause any more trouble till class restarts. When a security guard came to the children out to the yard she began to collect her things. "I should probably get going too." 

"No fun! Stay with me!"

"Sorry, but you're not exactly my type."

"I was kidding, leave forever." Jiwoo retaliated, stuffing a grape in . She chuckled at the younger woman's glaring before leaning her face over to Haseul expectantly. The brunette only scoffed patting her cheek lightly, Jinsoul pouted.

"I'll walk you to class...loser." As promised Haseul followed her out into the hallway, lacing their fingers together as soon as the door had closed behind them. Apart from a few staff and students, the hallways were relatively empty. Haseul wasn't the biggest fan of PDA, which Jinsoul didn't have a problem with since it's not like she wanted to broadcast her social life, but even so, people found out anyway. Sometimes other teachers would give her pointed looks in the teacher's lounge, or nudge her in the halls whenever Haseul passed. It was irritating, and Jinsoul had the tiniest feeling it had something to do with Jiwoo and her constant failure to keep secrets. Maybe it was a Kim thing.

"Chaewon's been asking me if we're dating." Haseul broke the silence, swinging their arms bashfully as she let out a giddy laugh.

"Aren't we?" Haseul stopped walking pulling Jinsoul back with her. She furrowed her eyebrows in deep thought before breaking out into a smile.

"We're getting there."

"But I asked you on a second date wasn't that the requirement?"

"There's a difference between dating and going on dates, I'm not easy Jinsoul."

"I wasn't implying-"

"Besides, a double-date isn't a second date." Jinsoul scoffed, setting her free hand on her heart as her teasing smile turned into an amused smirk.

"Why don't you ask me on a date?? I asked you out first, it's fair!"

"That wouldn't be any fun, would it? Don't you wanna get to know me?"

"Don't you wanna get to know me?"

"Like you aren't the easiest person to please." Jinsoul scoffed louder, pulling her hand away from Haseul's and crossing her arms over her chest. "So you're saying if I told you I wanted to take you to see a petting zoo you wouldn't give me that annoyingly cute smile of yours and giggle like a third grader?"

"No."

"What about if we stayed in all day and watched all the sing-along versions of Disney movies?"

"N-no."

"How about...we go to the store..." The brunette woman moved impossibly closer, leaning her face forward grazing Jinsoul's jaw with her lips sending a shiver down her spine. "And we eat all the ice cream flavors." She whispered in her ear, not pulling back just yet only re-entangling their fingers.

"Okay, now you're just playing dirty," Jinsoul whispered back earning a light giggle from the woman. She wrapped my arm around Haseul's waist and rested her chin on her shoulder, she responded by wrapping her arm around her shoulders pulling Jinsoul flush against her.

"I like this, Jinsoul."

"Well, you could've just said that I would've asked you on a second date sooner."

"Loser, a complete loser."

"I thought that one was pretty funny!" Jinsoul huffed as light kisses were peppered along the side of her neck to her jaw. Jinsoul squealed quietly as Haseul's hands moved to her chest pushing her to a more secluded corner of the hall. "I have to get to class."

"You have five minutes, shush." She moved her hands to Jinsoul's shoulders again, leaving lingering pecks on her lips to silence her protests. It didn't take long for Jinsoul to give in. It was messy, and there was a lot of clashing teeth because Haseul couldn't stop laughing at how easy it was to get the taller woman to shut up. When Jinsoul stopped whining and Haseul stopped laughing things began to turn sweet, as they always did with Haseul. The brunette could make a desolate desert into a lively forest and Jinsoul frankly couldn't get enough of it. All ill feelings she previously had seemed to fade whenever Haseul was around and Jinsoul wondered if that would still happen if they were just friends. If whatever it was between them didn't work out then would the effect just wear off?

It'd sound stupid if she said she doubted Haseul's feelings, especially because though their thing was new there was no shortage of passion. Though every time their limbs were entangled with one another on Jinsoul's second-hand couch or when their lips were locked behind bedroom doors and in dark hallway corners, she couldn't shake the feeling things weren't supposed to be this way. She felt selfish thinking what they had wasn't enough. As the days pass the more Jinsoul realized maybe Haseul isn't what she wants, but the more she thinks she's what she needs. 

The loud sound of familiar heels clacking against the floor had pulled Jinsoul out of her stupor and subsequently Haseul out of their makeout session. Jinsoul failed to notice it was getting a little heated since Haseul's hands weren't on the most innocent of places anymore. A very panicked Jungeun had met their gazes, her hands covering her eyes as she gave them a nervous smile. "H-hi sorry, I was just gonna go see...what's her name?"

"Jiwoo?" Haseul spoke up stifling her laughter as Jungeun only became more flustered. The doctor nodded her head quickly before mumbling something under her breath and leaving the scene. "She went the wrong way," Haseul said leaning her forehead on Jinsoul's shoulder, a puff of laughter leaving her as she shook her head in disbelief, Jinsoul stayed quiet pursing her lips. Haseul picked up her head and looked at the substitute with an arched brow. "What's up?"

"Nothing, she just seemed weird, I don't know." Jinsoul shrugged swatting Haseul's hands away from...where they were and began to walk back to the classroom once more. Haseul caught up to her grabbing her hand and swaying it as she always did.

"So, I told my dad I'm busy today."

"And...?"

"So, Chaewon's gonna be at her grandpa's-"

"Excuse me, we haven't even gone on a second date." Haseul punched Jinsoul's shoulder a little too hard and scoffed. She pouted rubbing her shoulder and sticking her tongue out at the shorter woman.

"No, you loser I'm just saying we can hang out if you want."

"Oh." They were a hallway away from the classroom but the line of antsy kindergartners returning to their classrooms was in their line of vision. Haseul deduced if she walked Jinsoul over she'd never hear the end of it from the other teachers who were currently giving them teasing glances from their positions outside their respective classes. She gave Jinsoul's hand a tight squeeze before looking to face her.

"So we're hanging out?"

"Of course."

"Cool, meet me in the janitor's closet."

"Wait, what? HASEUL WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY!?"

. . .

"Didn't you say you had a drinking problem in your twenties? What the hell are you doing with this?" Jinsoul asked reluctantly taking a swig from Jungeun's depressingly ironic 'I swear I'm not an alcoholic' flask filled with hard liquor. They were leaning against Minhyun's flashy black tesla in front of the Law Firm Vivi works in, waiting for Haseul to finish her meeting with said lawyer. Minhyun had gone to a convenience store down the block in hopes of finding some -- as he put it 'real food' to smuggle into the venue.

"I'm much more responsible now Ms. Jung," Junegeun replied sounding rather exasperated. "Besides, you're not gonna get to drink anything good besides watery, overly expensive, imported European wine that's probably not even from Europe." Jungeun tapped on the comically long cigarette holder in between her fingers (nothing was lit, of course, she's a doctor). Her hair cascaded down to one side in large waves, matching the Hollywood pin-up style that was popular in the forties. Her black sleeveless dress was fitted to her small waist stopping just shy of her knees. Jinsoul's was similar, though, instead of a v-neck that dipped scandalously low, her's had sort of a crew-neck collar. Though no one would ever know since they were both wearing trenchcoats that covered them to their ankles, only their heels visible to the public. The improv group was very into themes, and unfortunately for Jinsoul's wallet the theme this week was the fifties.

"You two sound like you don't like being rich." Jinsoul laughed a bit hoping it would mask her unintentional bitter tone.

"Now you're making me sound like an ." Jungeun took the flask from Jinsoul's hands taking another drink before putting it away in her pocket. 

"Well, it's a good thing sort of," Jinsoul began, linking their arms so they were closer together when a rather chilly gust of wind hit them. "It means you're not entitled, I'm glad." Jungeun shook her head and laughed looking down at her feet. Her face was getting rather red probably from the cold. "You know when I saw him all I could see was Yerim's face. Gosh, she looks so much like him." Jinsoul said recounting her first encounter with the C.E.O.

"You should see the rest of his family, I swear his genes are too strong." Jungeun shuddered, Jinsoul snorted nudging her side with her elbow. Not long after Haseul had appeared in a navy coatdress and a matching hat with black gloves Jinsoul swore were her's. She gave Jungeun a respectful smile and a small wave then went off to give Jinsoul a tight hug and a discreet kiss on the cheek before hugging her other arm. It was quite obvious Jungeun saw anyway since her already red face became redder as she looked at her shoes.

"Wow, ladies." Minhyun wolf-whistled, Jinsoul felt Haseul jump at his sudden appearance and she laughed. Jungeun let go of her arm to shove him with a playful glare on her face. He bowed slightly in Haseul's direction making sure not to drop anything from the giant bag of snacks he was currently hugging, his brown hair waving around in the wind. He wore a white evening dinner suit with a black bow tie and black shoes. If you looked hard enough you could see his hidden festive pumpkin sock that Jinsoul saw Jungeun grimace at too many times to count. "Let's get going shall we?"

The venue was small and dark decorated to look like a club from the 50s, a few round tables scattered behind the stage with expensive-looking table cloths and centerpieces. There was a small bar with a boy, who looked far too young, mixing drinks behind it. The air smelled strongly of cigar smoke and any smell you could describe as expensive. Everyone around them was dressed from head to toe in extravagant looking suits and dresses and jewelry that sparkled in the little light coming from the stage. A few attractive-looking men and one equally attractive woman entered the stage conversing as people began filling the venue. Jungeun, who was sat on Jinsoul's left, looked at her pointedly.  "What?" She whispered.

"Look at the stage." Jungeun said through a clenched jaw before turning back to the stage with the fakest smile Jinsoul had ever seen her wear. When Jinsoul turned her head back to the stage, a man, who looked rather young compared to the others with him, was giving her the brightest smile she'd ever seen (that didn't belong to Jiwoo). Jinsoul forced a smile back in his direction before turning to Jungeun with a raised eyebrow. "Remember Eunwoo, the one who played Ross on Friends the musical?" Realization dawned on Jinsoul's face and her eyes felt like they were about to bulge out of their sockets.

"The one who was obsessed with me in Junior year?" Jungeun nodded covering  as she giggled cutely at Jinsoul's expression.

"Care to share?" Haseul cleared making Jinsoul flinch a bit. Haseul flipped off what she assumed to be Eunwoo and the table erupted into more giggles (except for Minhyun who was trying to figure out what to do with the cigar in his hands).

"Eunwoo's was the biggest drama geek in high school, he kept professing his love for Jinsoul in the cafeteria in Shakespearean language!" Jungeun explained clutching her stomach as she laughed loudly. Jinsoul pushed her lightly, shifting her body to hide behind Haseul when the younger woman gave her a threatening glare.

"You say that but I'm dead sure you had a crush on him. The look of jealousy on your face every time he'd come and talk to me." Jungeun gave her a questioning look before she began to blush profusely and stutter.

"N-no -- That wasn't...oh my god, seriously?"

"Yes! How could you not remember." Jungeun's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at her hands, she mumbled something inaudibly and it reminded Jinsoul of how she acted in the hallway yesterday. SHe stared at her wondering what was wrong but soon her attention shifted as the people on stage began asking for the audience's eyes.

. . .

Tea Time

SunshineChuu: welcome

FindingJindori: AGAIN??

SunshineChuu: s h u s h

ChaewonsSlave: ...

: Jiwooming~

Did you change my name? :)))))

FindingJindori: CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK

SunshineChuu: I just wanted to know how things were doing with my favorite cousin and her...how do I say this

: you don't.

SunshineChuu: teehee this is so fun

( has left the group)

FindingJindori: she told me to tell you a bad word

SunshineChuu: stop texting on your date

FindingJindori: what-

. . .

O wow, drama...This is a 2-part chapter cause it's getting a little long. I hope you liked it part 2 is coming soon lol. Okay, have a safe coronacation see you next chapter!! (or part)