You got bread?

Kinder Club

https://youtu.be/QBxIFOOXPzc this originally was supposed to be the beginning of Jiwoo's character arc but there was an opportunity and I took it...

. . .

Hyunjin

. . .

"Heejin?" Hyunjin called groggily, too tired to open her eyes. She was stirred out of her slumber when she heard the door open. She felt the weight of the bed shift but still kept her eyes closed attempting to fall back asleep, hoping the person would leave soon.

"Wake up," a distantly familiar voice of a woman called softly. After a few more minutes of insistence, Hyunjin finally decided to wake up. Paying no mind to the person on the bed, she walked out of the room and traveled down the stairs to the living room of Vivi and Heejin's house. She heard heavy footsteps following her down the steps, but once again, she didn't care too much.

"There you are, sleepyhead. Thought you died or something." Her mother joked but she was far too delirious to laugh or make a snarky comment. She greeted her with a quick hug and said good morning to Vivi who had been standing by the stove cooking breakfast.

"I thought so too, she wasn't moving much when I was up there." The same voice from earlier quipped in. Hyunjin sighed heavily, deciding it was time to finally figure out who was the uninvited mysterious voice that had woken her from her slumber. When she turned around she was surprised to find Yerim's teacher looking at her with an infuriatingly large grin plastered on her face. Hyunjin blinked, confused at the turn of events though her face showed no emotion. Her aura rather hostile as she stared down the woman before her.

"What's she doing here?" She asked, her voice croaky from the lack of use.

"Well, honey-"

"Where's dad?" Hyunjin snapped, her head turning abruptly to face her mother. Jungeun held in a gasp, slightly ajar and eyebrows furrowed taken aback by her daughter's sudden agression.

"He had an emergency at work, Hyun," She sighed before continuing. "I already bought the admission tickets for the zoo so I invited Jinsoul, that's okay, right?" Hyunjin's face turned into a scowl, her nose twitching ever so slightly as rage bubbled up in the pit of her stomach.

"I'm gonna go wake up Yerim and Heejin." She spoke in a  low tone, turning around to walk up the stairs after shooting a glare towards the kindergarten teacher.

. . .

Hyunjin walked into the room that she once occupied along with Heejin and Yerim and stood in the doorway, contemplating ways to scare them awake. She supposed their terrified screeching would lift her out of her dumpy mood. She looked over to the floor where Yerim sat hugging Heejin ,forgetting about the toy their mother had painstakingly shoved in her bag. At some point in the night Hyunjin pushed them off Heejin's bed hoping to get a rise out of one of them but they barely woke up. They did spend all night watching Naruto reruns as per Heejin's request.

The last thing that left Hyunjin before she ran up and dove into the pair, sandwiching them underneath her, was some inspirational quote Naruto had said about not giving up that Heejin quotes daily. She laughed when she heard the pained groans and muffled whining of her two favorite companions. She smiled fondly when she felt Yerim's light smacks on her back after she rolled free from her sister's trap, leaving her and a disgruntled Heejin to go to the bathroom.

"You're gonna cut off my blood circulation." She spoke gasping for breath.

“If you don’t like the hand that fate’s dealt you with, fight for a new one.”

"Why are you quoting Naruto so much?"

"I was inspired by you!" Hyunjin said cheekily, rolling off Heejin's body causing her to toss out a few more distressed whimpers. "I need to talk to you." Hyunjin laid on her side, resting her head in her palm as she faced Heejin, remembering what she had come up here to do -- besides cruelly waking up both Heejin and her baby sister.

"What, are you gonna finally confess your love for me?" She asked jokingly, aimlessly stretching her arms over her head. Hyunjin scoffed, pushing her lightly.

"You wish!" She started. "Yerim's teacher is here..." Heejin's eyes lit up upon realization, Hyunjin rolled her eyes at her strange behavior.

"You're kidding?? Why would she be here, at my house?" She looked star-struck, her face getting more flushed by the second. Hyunjin gave her a sharp glare, garnering her attention, she cleared and calmed herself. "Yeah, s-so what's the issue?"

"Heej, she's a house breaker." Hyunjin said assertively, snarling in disgust at the thought of Ms. Jung.

"House breaker?"

"Yeah! I saw it on TV," She began, sitting straight up with her legs crossed. "They come into troubled families with their pretty hair and big pretty eyes and then boom!" She clapped her hands startling the shorter girl causing her to shriek quietly. "Someone cheats, and the already messed up family is in shamblesAfter a few brief seconds of silence, Heejin's roaring laughter filled the room.

"You mean homewrecker?"

"Same damn thing!" Hyunjin huffed, she only shook her head.

"You think Dr. Kim is gonna cheat? With a girl too?" Hyunjin shrugged, she hadn't grown up with any knowledge of same- couples but it didn't bother her since Aunt Jiwoo has introduced her to a lot of her girlfriends. She didn't get why Heejin thought it was so unbelievable that her mom could like a girl.

"Aren't you supposed to like everyone? Isn't love, like, genderless or something?" Hyunjin read that in a book once, she felt very smart when she referenced it out loud. Heejin kept quiet again giving her a kind smile.

"You're right, love is fluid. But that doesn't always mean it is for everyone." Hyunjin furrowed her eyebrows at the comment. Heejin only flicked her bestfriend's forehead before getting up on her feet. "You're just being paranoid Hyunjinnie. Your dad's getting busier and you can tell your mom's hurting, doesn't mean she'd go ahead and do something like that!" Hyunjin sighed and hung her head low."Your mom's a good person who loves your dad. She loves you too." She got up to on her feet and linked arms with the shorter girl.

"Maybe you're right."

"I know I'm right, Hyun."

. . .

After breakfast, Hyunjin's family and Jinsoul bid farewell to Vivi and Heejin. She sat in the back of her mom's black Lincoln Aviator with Yerim, waiting to get flooded with text messages from Heejin. Immediately after Jinsoul and Jungeun took their respective seats in the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle, the suspicion Hyunjin thought had dissipated in Heejin's room had flooded back in ten times harder. When her mom put her hand on the gear stick Hyunjin saw Jinsoul's hand hover over her's for a few seconds only for her to reluctantly retract it. Hyunjin's fingers clenched around her phone but when she felt it buzz underneath her palm she allowed her stress to alleviate slightly.

. . .

Jin is superior

!!Puppy!!: SHE HUGGED MEBEHBHSBHBAH

Hyuneatsbread: what the-

!!Puppy!!: SHE HUGGED ME

Hyuneatsbread: marry her if you love her so much

!!Puppy!!: I already have

!!Puppy!!: in my dreams

!!Puppy!!: do you think she'll say yes if I ask though??

Hyuneatsbread: no idiot

!!Puppy!!: damn I guess my feelings mean nothing to you then

Hyuneatsbread: to be honest she's probably secretly engaged to my mom

!!Puppy!!: ugh did we not talk about this?

Hyuneatsbread: you haven't seen what I've seen

Hyuneatsbread: they're c a n o o d l i n g

SwEeTpOtAtOE: am I missing something

Hyuneatsbread: Hey Ryujin

!!Puppy!!: just Hyunjin being delusional

Hyuneatsbread: AM NOT

. . .

"You guys excited for the zoo?" Jinsoul asked, turning her body in her seat to face them. Hyunjin rolled her eyes and scoffed but Yerim clapped and let out a gleeful squeal.

"Ms. Jung can you sing that song you sang last class!" Yerim asked excitedly, kicking her feet in the air.

"Oh my gosh, you sing too?" Hyunjin sneered to herself, getting more aggravated at how perfect thee Jung Jinsoul seemed to get as time went by.

"Honey, we're almost there! She can sing when we're walking around alright princess?" Hyunjin's mom spoke pulling up to the driveway of the zoo. Yerim huffed, pouting cutely. Hyunjin poked her cheek making her squirm in her car seat. 

"Such a crybaby-"

"Hyunjin, don't start today." Jungeun said sternly. Hyunjin blew her a mental raspberry, not wanting to piss her off any further. Now sitting right in her seat, the kindergarten teacher began humming a peaceful song. Hyunjin looked over to her younger sibling watching her smile excitedly as she mumbled the lyrics to the tune, kicking her feet happily. Hyunjin hated how much her heart warmed at the sight. Her mom must've seen it in the rearview mirror too considering how wide the reflection of her smile was in the rearview mirror.

"We're here!" Jinsoul squealed, seemingly more excited then Yerim had just been moments ago. As soon as Jungeun found parking Jinsoul had escaped her seat and left to unbuckle Yerim's car seat, excitedly taking her in her arms. Hyunjin's sister gladly latched on to the teacher's neck squealing with her when they saw the large stylized sign that read 'Seol Grand Park'. Hyunjin heard her mom's roaring laughter when the two ran off to the entrance of the zoo, it irked her that it sounded a little different than usual. It was boisterous and big, unlike the small chuckles she would hear whenever her dad would make a lame joke during dinner (when he still came home for dinner).

. . .

After an hour or so  they visited quite a few of the exhibits, Jungeun suggested they take pictures with the flowers and trees and then after they could get lunch. "Huddle up girls! I'm sending these to Auntie Jiwoo so smile wide!" She called behind her phone. Jinsoul squatted down to meet Yerim's height wrapping her left arm around her shoulders to bring her closer. Hyunjin gave the camera a cold look while the other two smiled brightly. At some point, Jinsoul had attempted to hug Hyunjin but she glared at her and the perplexed teacher was quick to retract her arm.

"I think that's enough Jungeun, the kids are probably hungry." She said a little awkwardly, getting up from the ground.

"Mommy, I need to go number one!!" Yerim whined with a pout, yanking at her mother's arm as she jumped up and down urgently.

"Soul, you mind staying here with Hyunjin?" She gave her a thumbs up and Jungeun took it as her queue to leave with an antsy Yerim in her arms. Hyunjin took in her surroundings, the zoo was pretty packed since it was nice out, kids were laughing and the air smelled of animal feces, fair food, and flowers. She looked to her side and met the gaze of Ms. Jung who was staring at her with her brows furrowed.

"You don't like me very much ,do you?" She asked, giving Hyunjin a nervous smile.

"No, not at all." She smiled back fakely, returning her gaze to the bustling crowds.

"Did I do something wrong-"

"I know what you're trying to do Jung Jinsoul." She snapped, facing the teacher once again. She flinched slightly in response, but her smile returned.

"Care to explain?" She spoke in a perplexed tone. Hyunjin rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Don't play dumb Ms. Jung," Hyunjin started. "You left my mom in the dust for a few years then randomly show up with your beautiful face and perfect personality when her marriage is on the verge of failing!" Jinsoul blinked for a few moments, but soon the squeals and yells of children was drowned out by her boisterous laugh. She doubled over gasping for breath, holding on to Hyunjin's shoulder for support. She pushed it off boiling with anger as she watched Jinsoul continue to laugh.

"You're a funny kid, Hyunjin." She said in between chuckles wiping away tears. Before Hyunjin could say anything else, she started to talk again. "Your mom tells me you like bread," Hyunjin blinked, unsure where the raven-haired woman was going with this. "There's this bakery by my apartment and I picked up a few choices since I don't know what you like." She smiled reaching for her backpack. It was Hyunjin's turn to give her a confused look. Lo and behold, she handed the young girl a large box filled with what she assumed was bread. She opened it up and was hit with a wave of enchanting smells. Hyunjin was tempted to just eat the whole box right then and there but she held herself together.

"How dare you bribe me, Ms. Jung!" Hyunjin spoke loudly, getting a few heads to turn and look their way. She reluctantly pushed the box in Jinsoul's arms and crossed them in disgust.

"Okay...? Guess we'll just eat these during lunch, then!" She shrugged. "Please call me anything but Ms. Jung, I'm not your teacher, Hyunjin."

"How about seducer-"

"What's going on?" Hyunjin heard her mother speak up, she gulped, afraid Jungeun had heard their conversation. She walked over to the both of them with Yerim in her arms.

"I was just giving Hyunjin the stuff we got from the bakery this morning." Jinsoul piped up, earning a smile from the other woman. She handed Hyunjin the box and ruffled up her hair a bit, she didn't glare at her this time knowing her mother was watching.

"Did you say thank you, Hyun?" Her mother asked expectantly. She muttered a thanks and gave Jinsoul the nicest fake smile she could muster.

. . .

They sat together eating their sandwiches on a bench they had found outside of a concession stand. Hyunjin's sister sat on her lap happily playing with her toys as she ate her food. The adults on the other side of the table we're chatting animatedly about something she didn't care much about. It was kind of chilly and Hyunjin noticed her mother was beginning to shiver. She was about to berate her about wearing a coat like the caring daughter she was but our favorite coy kindergarten teacher had other plans. "Are you cold, why didn't you wear a jacket?" Jinsoul chided before taking off her own jacket and wrapping it around Jungeun's shoulders. The action startled her, she gasped softly only to shoot the older woman a shy smile. Hyunjin rolled her eyes fighting the urge to audibly retch.

"Thanks..." Jungeun chuckled a bit, a blush now visible on her cheeks. Yerim turned to her sister noticing her gloomy expression, her bottom lip tutted out as she looked at Hyunjin worriedly.

"What?" Hyunjin asked her softly, trying to hide her growing anger.

"You look really mad." Yerim answered as she inched off her lap and onto her proper seat.

"Hyun, is something going on? You've been off all day." Jungeun spoke, Hyunjin bit her tongue not wanting to say the wrong thing.

Jinsoul looked at her knowingly. "She's a big girl now, she probably doesn't wanna be at some lame zoo!"

"But she loves the zoo," Jungeun said soflty shruggin off the kindergarten teacher's attempt to deflect the topic. "Honey, I can't fix things if you don't tell me what's up." 

"Do you love dad?" Hyunjin suddenly asked her voice cracking slightly, her mother's eyes widened in surprise.

"Of course, I do." Her response sounded robotic and practiced, Hyunjin felt her stomach begin to hurt.

"Do you love him?" She asked again, her voice rising in the slightest. The surgeon looked at her daughter, her eyes filled with concern and confusion but she said nothing. Hyunjin glared at her, getting up from her seat quickly before she walked off ignoring the concerned calls of her mother. Soon walking became running, and she doesn't remember when but she started crying. At this point, Hyunjin had gone far enough from the concession stand to be oblivious to where she was. There was a group of kids that looked about her age looking at the tiger exhibit, she stood with them staring at the large wild cat trying to regain her composure. She pulled out her phone and called the only person she could think of.

"What's up playa?" Hyunjin giggled at the familiar voice, though it sounded chocked and croaky. "Woah, are you crying! Badasses don't cry what the hell, Hyun?" Heejin's worried voice rung out from the other end of the line.

"She doesn't love him." Hyunjin's voice trembled.

"This again?"

"You don't get it, she never did." Heejin went silent for a moment.

"I'm so sorry."

Hyunjin shook her head sadly. "Whenever my dad is around they're always fighting. Maybe my dad has been working a lot purposefully? What if they're already divorced?" A bunch of questions popped up in her head all at once and she couldn't help but voice them out loud.

"Look Hyunjin, I don't know what I gotta say to make you feel better right now," Heejin started. "All I know is that you love your mom right? You want her to be happy?"

"Yeah..."

"If that means getting a divorce or maybe even being with Ms. Jung or some new person you have to respect that choice."

"I don't know if I can do that-"

"Hyunjin!" The young girl froze in place, she heard Heejin call for her a few times distantly through the phone but she dropped the call immediately after hearing Jinsoul's voice. "Jesus, you're fast, aren't you just a goalie or something? Wait, do goalies run too?" Hyunjin turned around to face Ms. Jung, she was hunched over, using her knees to support her, heaving for breath.

"This is your fault!" She spat, Hyunjin knew it wasn't but she was angry and needed someone to blame. The kindergarten teacher only gave her a toothy grin. She collected herself and stood up straight before her face turned serious.

"Look Hyunjin, I like you, I think you're a great kid but that was beyond stupid of you." She scolded, worry written all over her face. Hyunjin scoffed in offense but Jinsoul continued anyway, a kind smile gracing her features as she did so. "Whatever problems you have with me that's your business but running off like that, are you kidding me?" She crossed her arms in disappointment. "You scared your mom less! Hell, your sister started crying." Hyunjin grimaced at the last part.

"I didn't want you guys to see me cry." She huffed angrily with her arms crossed, feeling her eyes well up and a lump beginning to form in her throat as she avoided the teacher's gaze. Jinsoul rolled her eyes playfully before kneeling down to hug the young girl.

"You're just like your mom, you know that?" She scoffed, letting out a light chuckle as she patted the young girl's back. It was a simple gesture but Hyunjin was secrelty grateful for it. She needed a good hug, even if Jinsoul was sort of the source of the problem.

"Tell anyone about this and I'll end you, Auntie Jinsoul." She threatened, though with a faint smile on her face.

"I'm terrified."

. . .

Hyunjin sat at the dinner table, her fingers folded together on her lap as she watched her mother wash dishes. With a long exaggerated sigh, Jungeun turned off the water and wiped her hands on her pink apron as she turned to face her daughter.

"So what's this about your father?" She finally spoke, casually setting her hand on her hip as she waited for Hyunjin to explain herself.

"Well, it's nothing really."

"So, you ran away for nothing then?" Hyunjin groaned rolling her eyes, knowing full well she wasn't getting out of this without a proper explanation.

"Can we maybe make a raincheck, I have school tommorow-"

"Hyunjin." Her mother warned, the young girl only pouted propping her chin in her elbow with a huff. With another deep sigh Jungeun finally cracked not entirely sure if she wanted to hear her daughter's explanation anyway. "Fine, go upstairs, but I want to see you in bed and asleep when I get up there, you hear?"

"Si señor!" Hyunjin said gleefully, just barely hearing her mother telling her they'd talk about it tommorow as she dashed up the stairs. Just like she suspected, another body was already shuffling around under her favorite yellow cat sheets. With a content hum Hyunjin walked over to her window and closed it carefully, not wanting to make any rucus with Yerim in the next room. When she turned around, Heejin was there looking at her with a cheeky grin.

"I think I killed your mom's tulips accidentally on the way up..." Heejin whispered, Hyunjin only shook her head.

"They're my dad's." She whispered back. Heejin opened up her arms chuckling and without a second thought Hyunjin walked over. The smaller girl stopped herself from groaning audibly when Hyunjin dramatically rolled over her, instead reacting with a few light hits on the shoulder. The two looked at eachother, now comfortable in the sheets, with large smiles on their faces. Heejin had snuck out of the house only once before but today she thought she should be here for her best friend. Even if it did mean she'd have to wake up early the next morning just to sneak back in. Luckily for her, Hyunjin had predicted what Heejin was going to do and had left the window wide open for her before dinner time.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Heejin asked, looking relunctant. She was clearly unsure how to go about comforting Hyunjin.

"Can we talk about anything else? I already have to get a lecture tommorow from my mom." Hyunjin grumbled, after a moment of contemplation Hyunjin's eyes lit up. "Are you ready for the game this week?" Heejin gave her a questioning glance.

"Kim Hyunjin? Are you...deflecting? To me!" She exclaimed, offense written all over her face. Hyunjin was quick to cover , shushing her aggressively after the outburst. Heejin retaliated by sticking her tongue out and just like that Hyunjin retracted her hand recoiling in disgust. "What, are you doing cone exercises with someone else? Are you cheating on me? Is it Ryujin?" Hyunjin snorted, attempting and failing to hold in the loud laughs threatning to escape her.

"God, you're so dumb." Hyunjin weased, wiping tears from her eyes.

"There's no other explanation, why else would you refuse to talk to me about this."

"What if there's nothing to talk about?"

"There's always something to talk about." Heejin claimed with full certainty, looking prideful in her answer. Hyunjin snorted again wrapping the smaller girl in a hug, glad she had someone like Heejin to brighten up her mood when she felt down. Slightly shocked by the sudden affection Heejin stiffened under her touch but soon relaxed reciprocating the embrace. Not wanting the atmosphere to get too sentimental, Hyunjin pinched the back of Heejin's arm rather hard causing her to reel back wincing in pain. Hyunjin laughed again, apologizing profusely when the girl glared at her with glistening eyes.

"You won't leave me, right? Not until I say you can."

"Unfortunatley, it's not an option."

. . .

Girl's Only Family GC

ChuuChuu: SEND ME THE PHOTOS OR I WILL BREAK ALL YOUR BONES KIM JUNGEUN

AuntieJinsoul: she's got a black belt

Hyuneatsbread: who invited her??

ChuuChuu: aw new name?

AuntieJinsoul: yes, I'm very proud of it.

DoctorOc: Jiwoo, we say please in this family

AuntieJinsoul: what alarms me is that you were totally unaffected by that threat

Hyuneatsbread: you get thrown a few times and it stops meaning anything

AuntieJinsoul: ...oh?

. . .

Maybe I made Heejin woke- This was a lot shorter than I originally intended but I've been procrastinating all day on this stuff and kinda just wanted to put this out there for you guys!! Sorry if it seems rushed! Also not @ yall clowning me in the comments this morning I saw that- Okay like always have a safe coronacation till next chapter yall!!