I'm in the ghetto Ratatata

Kinder Club

Yo so like, the only other time I've written a fanfiction was like two years ago and I updated a total of 10 times before I disappeared without a trace...but now I've got time because the world is kind of in chaos. But anyway everyone is aged up/down as follows: Jinsoul, Sooyoung, Haseul, and Vivi (32). Jungeun and Jiwoo (30). Heejin and Hyunjin (10). Yerim, Yeojin, Chaewon, and Hyejoo (6). But yeah sorry for any typos in advance this is kind of just to keep me preoccupied, I hope you have fun reading it though!! (I swear it gets better lol)

.  .  .

 There are a lot of ways you could describe her, the miraculous Jung Jinsoul. She's talented, beautiful, brilliant in every way, but there is no way in hell anyone could look her straight in the eye and say she was fit to be a teacher and she knew that for sure. At thirty-two years old she still had a roommate, her diet consisted of frosted flakes and instant ramen, she'd cry in the shower for hours knowing the running water masked her tears, and her role model at the time was none other than herself. As much as she knew she was great it was quite clear she could barely take care of herself -- let alone twenty-four children at a time.

"Hello? Soul?? JINSOUL!!"

"Huh- sorry I was trying to remember what I ate for breakfast." Jinsoul shook herself out of her daze. She was pulled out of her thoughts by the older woman's voice, remembering she was indeed discussing an important matter with her way more put together adult and long time best friend Ha Sooyoung. Not to say she didn't have her inner turmoils but that's a conversation for another time of course.

"So, do you want the job or not?" She pushed her shoulder lightly, starting to get a bit impatient. "If not I can just call Jiwoo, but I still think you need to get yourself out there -- find yourself a real job." Sooyoung urged. Ah yes, Jiwoo, the girlfriend. Well, maybe not girlfriend. They had a habit of breaking up with one another so often you'd never know the status of their relationship. But frankly, she didn't like Jiwoo for her best friend, ever since Sooyoung met her it's 'Jiwoo this, Jiwoo that'. Jiwoo was a teacher at some charter school near Sooyoung's apartment complex, and it was she who had suggested to Sooyoung that Jinsoul come and become a substitute there since there was no need for a teaching license.  You see, supposedly one of the previous teachers had some sort of fetus festering in her uterus and had to call out of work for nine or more months, this, in turn, left a job open that Sooyoung expected Jinsoul to somehow fill.

"Well first off, I'll have you know my acting career is finally getting some edge. I was hired to do an infomercial just last week!! Secondly, I'll have to think about it."

"Jinsoul. What is there to think about it?? The most you do every day is wallow in your misery while watching 'How I Met Your Mother' reruns, and I know about the informercial it was literally for my aunt's paint shop..." Sooyoung grumbled, rolling her eyes in exasperation. Jinsoul pouted in response, letting out a small 'hmph' as she plopped her chin in her palm. After a brief moment of silence and contemplation, Sooyoung becoming evermore impatient, rose her eyebrow and cleared rather aggressively. 

With another huff and sulky pout, Jinsoul finally spoke. "Fine, I'll do it."

. . .

 three days had passed since that fateful day in Jinsoul's two-bedroom Seol apartment. She found herself getting up at a decent hour for the first time in years. It was the first day of her demise, or you could also say 'teaching job' but Jinsoul felt demise was more fitting. She dressed in a black blazer, simple white dress shirt, and denim jeans, tied her hair up in a bun and put on some light make-up. She looked at herself in the mirror satisfied with the way her black bangs fell over her eyebrows and how her round wire-rimmed glasses laid on the tip of her nose delicately. She knew she could never be fit to be a teacher of any sort but she had to at least look the part. If not for her, then for Sooyoung. Besides, it seemed like a good use of her theatre expertise.

With that Jinsoul made her way out of her shared apartment, reluctantly bidding the homey odd smells and friendly termites goodbye.

 Thankfully, she made it there in one piece. She already knew the way there since Sooyoung would often drag her to have lunch with Jiwoo and her. The real issue was making sure her used Prius didn't suddenly break down in the middle of the road. The thing was a ticking time bomb though she really had no other option.

"Hi!"

"Holy shi-" Jinsoul jumped cursing under her breath, startled by the menacingly high pitched voice she heard once she finally stepped out of the car. When she turned around Jinsoul was met with nothing but an empty parking lot with its only inhabitance being various cars she had assumed belonged to the school's staff.

"Oi! Down here I don't have all day!" The voice called once more. Jinsoul froze, not recalling ever hearing voices before. She felt a small hand poke the fabric of her jeans gently. She looked down slowly and lo and behold a small child with unnecessarily bright dyed blonde hair was staring back up at her. She was certainly concerned for the misplaced child, though she couldn't help but wonder if it was healthy -- no humane to bleach a child's hair.

"CHAEWON!! Chaewon, there you are!" An attractive short-haired brunette had run their way, catching her breath as she plucked the girl, Chaewon, from the ground and into her arms. She looked at Jinsoul and gave her a large smile, giving the raven-haired women her free hand to shake. "You must be the new substitute Ms. Kim recommended." Jinsoul laughed airily nodding her head, cringing slightly at the unfamiliar formality in the unknown woman's tone. 

"Yeah, um- do kids often get to roam the parking lots?" She giggled again as she took her hand. She looked at Jinsoul quizically for a second, until the realization set in and she joined in the laughter.

"Oh- yeah, no, Chaewon is my sister's kid I take her to school early with me sometimes since I teach here. She's just a little rambunctious and got excited when I told her that I was gonna show around someone new..." She let go of her hand and used both arms to hoist Chaewon up further from her waist. "I'm Ms. Jo by the way but you can call me Haseul." She smiled politely. Jinsoul smiled back, a blush beginning to ghost her cheeks. She looked in Chaewon's direction for a moment, realizing the girl was staring at her, looking her up and down.  For some reason, the little girl's stare caused a chill to run down the woman's spine, her smile faltered as she gulped down her nerves trying to maintain her composure. As the adult in this situation, Jinsoul refused to let a three-foot, thirty-pound menace make her breakdown in front of her potential colleague. A very pretty potential colleague. 

"Anyway so!" Haseul exclaimed, earning back Jinsoul's attention once again. "I'll show you around the school, the class starts at nine, so we have more than enough time to get you situated before the chaos ensues." The substitute smiled nervously, still a little shaken up by the toddler tyrant in Haseul's arms. She followed her into the school thinking about her prior words hoping they meant nothing.

Once they entered the school a worn-out looking security-guard was there to greet them, his gaze shifting between Haseul and Jinsoul for a few moments. Jinsoul supposed Haseul must have sent some type of hypnotic signal to him since he wordlessly let them through after a minute long silent standoff. The hallways were dim, most of the light filtering in from windows. The school was primarily empty, a few teachers and staff members making themselves known as they chatted quietly outside of their respective classrooms.

"So, you know Jiwoo -- I mean Ms. Kim?" Jinsoul spoke attempting to fill the silence between the two women. Haseul giggled softly, the sound unknowingly making the corners of Jinsoul's lips upturn in the slightest.

"Obviously, silly."

"Huh? Oh no, I-I meant are you close?" Another giggle escaped the brunette, a contemplative look taking over her features as they continued to walk.

"I don't know, I guess you could say that," Haseul answers, Jinsoul hums in response. Before silence could get a chance to settle between them, Haseul spoke up, her toothy grin returning lazily. "How do you know Jiwoo?"

"No more Ms. Kim?"

"No, no more Ms. Kim." Jinsoul smiles at the brunette for a moment, returning her gaze to the stretched hallways in front of her soon after.

"She's my best friend's girlfriend." Haseul's mouth forms into an 'o' shape as she nods at Jinsoul's words.

"Sooyoung, right? She's...cool."

"You've never talked to her, have you?"

"No, I'm afraid not." Another hum from the taller-woman. The two continued to walk silently, Chaewon's soft snoring filling the hallways as the young girl slept in her aunt's arms peacefully. As they walked through a particularly dark hallway someone had made their presence known. In a span of ten seconds a streak of red hair had passed the duo and in another an arm had found its way around the duo's shoulders. A small squeak left both parties causing a groggy Chaewon to begrudgingly awake from her slumber, but soon the fear subsided once it became clear who the cause of it was. 

"Hi, guys!! Oh, sorry, did I scare you?" The redhead smiled apologetically.

"Jesus Jiwoo, you should wear a bell," Haseul clutched her heart dramatically earning a laugh from the red-head. Jiwoo cooed at the pouting little blonde in Haseul's arms, extracting her from them carefully. Chaewon, without much protest, laid her head in the crook of the teacher's neck and drifted off to sleep once again. "Maybe I shouldn't wake her up so early. Do you think I should leave her at her grandpa's till school starts?"

"What? No! Chaewon loves mornings with you." Jiwoo whined Jinsoul suspected the teacher was talking about herself rather than the sleepy six-year-old. "Anyway, why are you guys around the fourth-grade hallway? The kindergarten hallway isn't anywhere near here."

"It isn't!? We've been walking for ten minutes, why did the principle make me do this!" Jiwoo laughed again, Jinsoul only rose her eyebrow giving Jiwoo a questioning look.

"Haseul's a music teacher, her classroom is on the other side of the building she rarely visits this part." 

"Yes, but now I have to because we're understaffed and you have no idea what you're doing!" The taller of the three smiled teasingly at Haseul's distress, crossing her arms she shook her head as she began to talk,

"If it's really a problem I can do it myself-"

"NO!"

"But-"

"No, no, Haseul's right you don't want that..." Jiwoo shuddered, taking a shaky exhale as they continued to wander the halls. "You have no idea what's waiting for you in that class, it's chaos."

"It can't be that bad they're just a bunch of little kids, right?" No answer, the two teachers just stared at Jinsoul, horror written all over their features. "...right?"

. . .

"Not right, not right, oh my god." Jinsoul chanted closing her eyes tightly, taking cover under the hickory desk at the front of the class. The door was only a mere seven feet away if she wanted to break for it she could. 

"YEOJIN!! HEY!! What did I tell you about sticking your hands in the aquarium!! THE FISH DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIENDS!!" Haseul yelled at the top of her lungs, seemingly calmer thann Jinsoul had initially expected.

As soon as the kids started to file in the classroom everything seemed okay.  They had come in and bowed to Haseul, then Jinsoul after introducing themselves, and for some odd reason, they bowed to Chaewon as well. Haseul was a music teacher for the sixth-grade students, and only worked during the last hours of the day, so she stuck around to help. The previous teacher had left lesson plans for the following months, with a lot more instructions then the raven-haired substitute would have liked. Since it was her first-day Haseul suggested they play some ice breaker games so Jinsoul could get to know the kids more. It was sane for a while, that is until it was playtime.

"Jinsoul can you help me get those boys off their knees, I'm afraid Hyejoo might hurt them..." Haseul spoke all to nonchalantly as she helped -- no, dragged Jinsoul out from under the desk. Jinsoul stood up mortified at the sight. A dark-haired girl named Hyejoo had a line of boys, backs facing her, hands on their heads, quivering in fear. She paced around them, patting her palm lightly with a foam bat. Her eyes oozed power and disgust. Jinsoul snapped out of her daze and walked slowly toward them reluctantly, her eyes not leaving Hyejoo, afraid if the child had noticed her presence the last thing she'd see was a toy bat. Haseul walked with her, just as carefully surprisingly looking just as scared as any of those boys.

"Okay boys, I'm going to get you out of here, but I need cooperation." She knelt to face them, hoping Hyejoo hadn't noticed her, while Haseul attempted to distract the girl.

"No, I can't let them go without punishment! They wronged me!!" Hyejoo spoke, her voice so soft it startled Jinsoul.

"Honey, they didn't wrong you. It's not their fault they lost the game maybe you should've picked better players to be on your team." The raven-haired woman had no intention of understanding what any of that even meant. She had a mission.

"Go! Leave! Use your tiny legs! Now!!" She ushered the boys out of the area. Jinsoul could've sworn she saw one of them crying and it sent a chill down her spine.  To be fair this situation was one of the least concerning one's happening around the classroom. Already her eyes were rimmed with tears, but she kept going, she was the heroine of this story! But also Sooyoung said she would buy her dinner if she put up with this for at least a week so right now the only thing going through Jinsoul's head was food. There was no way she was letting three-foot evil satin children with abusive tendencies get in the way of her and food. That and that sweet sweet paycheck.

"I swear this is a good day..." Haseul said under her breath after finishing with mini Hitler. Or maybe Chaewon was Mini Hitler she currently had half the class bowing to her while she sat on what Jinsoul thought was some girl named Minju or something. She would feel concerned if the young girl didn't seem to be enjoying her time. On second thought, Jinsoul does vaguely remember her saying she'd do anything to serve her 'Lord Chaewon' during the little ice breaker game at the start of the day. Haseul seemed very unfazed by the scene.

"Hey um, thanks for staying behind." Jinsoul smiled at her, setting her hand on the shorter woman's shoulder. She felt eternally grateful and for the first time since she was pushed out of my mother's womb, Jinsoul wondered if it was Haseul that should've been her role model all this time.

"No biggie, I'd feel terrible if I had to leave you with...this." She chuckled looking around the chaos that filled the classroom.

"Okay well now that that's out of the way, I think Yeojin threw Mr. Fin out the window." Jinsoul clapped her hands rubbing them amusedly, but before she could take another step in the direction of her desk, Haseul stopped her by the fabric of her sleeve. 

"Yeah, that one's on you kiddo."

"Wha -- YEOJIN DON'T EAT THE FISH FLAKES!!"

"I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THEY TASTED LIKE!!!" Jinsoul huffed, stomping towards the small child. Haseul watched as Jinsoul reprimanded Yeojin proudly, smiling happily when the irritant six-year-old sat at her desk with a pout, not moving another inch.

"Yeah...she's totally got this."

. . .

YEET I'll just be introducing the characters for the first few chapters. I hope you enjoyed it, stay safe guys! WASH YOUR HANDS!! and since I'm bored and I know all of you are too feel free to follow me @heekkiesdyke on twitter if u wanna dm me...and tbh if I see it I literally haven't been active for a good month lol. I'll probably be cranking out a lot of chapters since I obviously have nowhere to go!! I'd love to hear what you think too!! Okay bye kiddos have a safe coronacation <3