Prologue: what awaits

Of fire and wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol stared at the imposing structure in front of him. The kingdom was safely tucked between the mountain ranges. Walls were wrapped around the vicinity, creating a boundary and protection from the forces of the outside world; the walls extremely high, probably five to six stories high, and were obviously built to last a lifetime. He was sure even the most explosive ambush wouldn’t be able to scratch the stronghold; it was both remarkable and daunting.

He was honestly coloured impressed.

It was an unconquerable fortress which exudes immense power and strength. And even though its size is remarkably smaller than his homeland, the kingdom could rival his own with its natural resources, military power, and political influence.

What did he expect from one of Domhan[1]’s ancestral lands, after all?

The Kingdom of Aer[2] was definitely not to be taken lightly.

His gaze then skimmed through the expansive lush of greenery at the foot of the mountain ranges. Aer was located at the highlands, which was relatively bordering the unknown and untraveled Lands of Folus[3]. From his vantage point, the trees had created an illusion of a labyrinth which would surely lead the inexperienced and unwise on getting lost to the point of no return. There were many mysteries that had yet to be unraveled about the Forest of Lubra[4], making the kingdom impenetrable from simple means.

Aer was truly an outstanding and frightening kingdom of its own.

They had come from the lowlands – from the Empire of Teine[5] specifically – which was surrounded with plains and vast fields. He and his men had travelled for days, crossed borders and mountains. The long and excruciating journey from the lowlands to the highlands had taken much of their energy, exhaustion slowly gnawing at them with each passing day. He was hoping the simple view of their destination could alleviate their fatigue.

He breathed in, deeply taking in the scent of the forest and crisp air, and slowly releasing it. The air in the highlands was definitely different compared to the lowlands. Maybe it was because of the forestry, he candidly pondered. He breathed in again, eyes closing as his nerves eventually relaxed. The gentle breeze was somehow settling his anxiousness, comforting him even. He honestly felt better already.

“General,” a voice then said from behind him. He op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter