Day 5

Burning Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum came back from the hospital lobby cafe to find Minho, with his bed rolled up to an incline, conversing with possibly the most beautiful person Kibum had ever seen.

“Uh, hi,” Kibum said with a bright smile, pretending as if he did not almost drop the caddy holding his iced Americano and hot green tea. 

The waif-like man--boy, more like, Kibum mused--stood up and smiled tentatively. Minho turned toward Kibum and gestured for him to come closer. “Kibum, this is Taemin. Taemin, Kibum.”

Kibum didn’t dwell on the fact that Minho didn’t elaborate on the nature of their relationship to Taemin… or so he tried. 

Equally notable was the lack of description of his relationship with Minho, but Kibum definitely did not notice that. 

“Kibum-sshi. I’ve heard so much about you from Minho-hyung. I’m glad to finally meet you.” Taemin bowed to Kibum and flashed him a smile that was made no less charming by its inordinate show of gums. 

The wheels in Kibum’s head were busily churning. Minho had never mentioned a Taemin to him before. The fact that Minho talked to this ( pretty, dammit, his inner voice unhelpfully supplied) boy about him and called Minho hyung was highly suspicious, to say the least.

Now’s not the time, Kibum, he scolded himself. 

“Hello, Taemin. I’m glad one of Minho’s other friends could visit him. God knows I’m getting tired of entertaining him.” He playfully rolled his eyes at Minho, whose smile suddenly flattened ever so slightly. Kibum tucked away his reaction for later.

Come on, Minho, work wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter