Day 3

Burning Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want to shower."

Kibum looked up from knocking on his own head with his knuckles --dammit, what's another word for 'disappointment'?-- and looked over at Minho, who was looking markedly less miserable (but a bit more red) than he did yesterday. Kibum saved his document and uncoiled from his cross-legged position on the sofa bed and approached Minho to check his temperature. 

"Ok. Try getting up without my help first, and then I'll ask if your doctor would allow you to shower tomorrow." He went back to his perch and started typing again, cursing inwardly at losing his train of thought. He had just given him a sponge bath an hour ago. Goodness, it was only their third day together in the hospital, and he's starting to lose his patience with Minho - huh. maybe that's why they call patients that: as a constant reminder for people who deal with them to be patient.

Man, even Jinki would hate that joke, and he's the master of bad puns.  

There was that episode this morning. Some of his medicines needed to be taken on a full stomach, but Minho wouldn't eat anything, no matter what tactic Kibum employed to get him to eat. However, it only took a few smiles and some cajoling from the pretty nurse for him to finally take a few spoonfuls of porridge. Kibum took a glance at Minho's disgruntled pouts and aegyo voice complaining about the blandness of his food while being spoonfed by Nurse Im and could have sworn he had somehow contracted some sort of stomach flu from the other man. But hey, at least it wasn't the patient who had wanted to throw up at the time.

Then, there was that episode when Kibum stepped out for a bit to take a call from his editor. As weak as Minho was when he first came in, logistics of a particular nature had to be discussed. A catheter was proposed as an option, but with the way Minho (and himself in sympathetic horror) was looking decidedly green during the discussion, Kibum made the call and opted for the less invasive approach, promising the doctor to religiously record Minho's fluid intake-output. But no, Minho had to act too macho for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter