Day 2

Burning Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, the doctors haven't said anything yet, only that Minho has to stay here for further tests."

Silence.

"Jjong, I know. But if this escalates, they still won't be able to fly in for at least a couple of days more. Apparently, there's a hurricane in their state, so it's impossible to book flights at this point."

One hand reached out to feel the other's fevered brow.

"Who, then? You? Jinki? No. You know I can work pretty much anywhere. I don't mind. Just get me the stuff I told you, please?"

"Of course not. That's not going to happen. Bye."

"Jonghyun?" Minho asked in a groggy voice as the man struggled to get up.

"Stay down, Ming, I'll do it." Kibum gently pushed on Minho's shoulders and pressed on a button to raise the upper portion of the bed to an incline. 

"What did hyung say?"

Kibum sat on the sofa bed allocated for the patient's guardians and handed Minho a water bottle. "I asked him to bring me some clothes and my laptop so I can work here. How do you feel? You hungry?" He watched as Minho tried to ineffectually twist off the cap, then reached over to take it from his hands with a sigh.

Minho shook his head and brought his free arm to cover his eyes. "Horse tranquilizer." 

Kibum snickered despite his worry. "Since I don't know how that feels, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it."

"No context is good." A moment of silence stretched between them, and Kibum thought that Minho had again drifted off to sleep. He started when the other man suddenly spoke. "You don't have to stay, you know. You may catch whatever bug this is that I have."

Kibum knew Minho well enough to hear what he didn't say.
Thank you. Stay. 

Of course, that was just the sickness talking. Or not talking. "Shut up and go to sleep before I actually do walk out on you."

Minho faintly laughed.

"I'll just go downstairs to get some coffee. Sleep."

***
Kibum liked doing household chores. Or, to put it more correctly, he needed stuff in order at all times to be able to function. Jonghyun said he would be dropping off his stuff before heading to work, and Minho's internist hadn't made his rounds yet, so he started fixing the few belongings they had in the room. He plugged in Minho's phone and hung up their outerwear in the small closet. Then, he gave Minho a sponge bath and helped him change into a fresh hospital gown, with as much indifference as he coule manage. Then he left him to change into his (newly bought from the convenience store) underwear as he washed Minho's underwear and shirt . 

Yep. Him. Kim Kibum. Handwashed the underpants of someone who's not him, a family member, or a lover. All out of necessity, mind you.
Wasn't he a regular Florence Nightingale. Applause.

 And, of course, unlucky Minho just had to be wearing his old lucky red boxers when he had to be taken to the hospital. 

Funny story. His lungs, which had been feeling rather heavy since he woke u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter