Day 1

Burning Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 11 PM. Despite the lateness of the evening, the emergency room was still surprisingly busy due to a multi-vehicular accident. Seeing the chaos, Kibum ushered Minho to a seat near the doors and approached one of the nurses on duty who appeared to be less busy than the others. 

"Hi, my friend is running a really high fever and is barely coherent. Can somebody please take a look at him?" 

The nurse closed the file folder over the sheet she was writing on and passed it to one of the nurses dashing by. "Could you step over there, sir, and wait for a bit? Our beds are currently full, but we'll be transferring one of the patients any moment now. Let me call one of the doctors for you."  

Kibum shot a worried look at Minho, who looked surprisingly small under both their coats. "Can you please hurry? He's really hot, maybe his temperature has reached 39 by now? And he's been shivering the entire drive to the hospital."

"I'll do my best, sir."

Kibum made his way back to Minho, whose head was lolling limply down in a worrying manner. He sat down beside him and gently supported the other man's head until it rested on his shoulder. He sat there observing Minho's restless face until he heard the nurse call Minho's name. 

An ER resident whose nameplate said "Kim Junmyeon" came over with an orderly with a wheelchair. Minho was wheeled into one of the enclosures and transferred onto a cot. He stirred for a bit, groaning slightly, then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter