Unexpected Love 1

Unexpected Love

Standing behind the counter of the bar you work at, you sigh as you stare at the clock slowly ticking, the time barely passing by. It was a Sunday night, the one night you don't normally work but decided to accept the shift from your friend and name twin, who needed the night off. You didn't care to ask what Y/N 2.0 was up too, but you knew it was going to be something shady. She always had questionable people in the bar to discuss things and was very secretive but she was nice and she did her job, so you didn't care too much. 

Deciding that looking at the clock was going to get to nowhere, you took it upon yourself to reorganize the bottles of liquor behind the bar, cleaning the shelves as well. It felt like it had been about an hour, but when you looked at the clock it had only been 15 minutes, leaving you still with another 2.5 hours until closing time. 

You wanted to cry. Why was a bar even open until 3am on a Sunday. It made absolutely no sense to you. So you fought with yourself for a little bit, debating on whether or not you should close early, if it was worth the possibility of getting in trouble, or the potential of losing a customer. 

You decided to close. 

Walking to the door, you were just about to lock it when the other side was pushed open, allowing 3 men to casually walk in. You immediately felt uneasy. 

"You're still open?" One of the men with brown hair asks. 

"I was about to close." You say.

"Sign says 3am though." One says, raising his eyebrow and glancing at the hour sign. 

"Well you are my first customers of the night, so sure, why not?" You say through gritted teeth. 

You were so looking forward to crawling into your bed semi early. 

"What can I get for you?" You ask, wanting to get it over with as quick as possible. 

"3 shots of tequila, and 3 whiskey and cokes." One man says. 

You nod your head and head back to the bar to make the drinks. As you pour their drinks you continue to glance up, checking up on the men, you couldn't help it. You've had an awful feeling in your stomach since they walked in and you felt so uneasy. 

You nervously brought their drinks over to the table on a tray, setting them each down with a shaky hand. 

"So what kind of name does a beautiful girl like you have?" One man asks, then taking his shot. 

"Really Haechan?" A man chuckles. 

"Like you don't want to now Jungwoo." Haechan laughs. 

"I know I do." The last man smirks. 

"So there, with Mark, all three of us want to know." Haechan smiles. 

"Uh, Y/N." You say. 

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He says. You give him a half smile before walking away, but not before hearing Mark whisper "it's her." 

Around 2:30am, you asked if they needed anything else, since they had each only had that one round, and just sat there barely speaking to each other. 

"Just the bill, Y/N." Haechan smiles, pulling out his wallet.

You print off the bill, and gently place it on the table before walking away, going to the back to put the glasses away. By the time you were back up front, their table was empty, and a $100 bill was left on top of the $30 bill.

At least you got a tip tonight.

Your eyes squeezed shut as you yawned, finishing up the last of the organizing for the next person to open the bar. Your feet dragged as you walked around switching off the lights. Your body became more tired as you gathered your belongings before walking out the front door. The crisp cool air hits your face as you leave the building, closing the door to lock it. The city is quiet, all you can hear is the gentle breeze of the wind along with faint sounds from the downtown area. 

Wrapping your arms around yourself, you begin your walk home. You always preferred walking as opposed to wasting money on a cab, especially since you didn't live very far from the bar. You never had an issue on your way home in the past, so you assumed that tonight wouldn't be any different. If anything, if you were to ever encounter someone on the street, they were nice and always asked you if you were okay, or if you needed an the rest of your way home. Or they'd cat-call you before stumbling away. 

However, tonight was different. Tonight you felt like you were being followed. You could hear the footsteps behind you, slowing down when you did, speeding up when you did. You held yourself a little tighter, trying to ease the knot in your stomach, telling yourself that it would be okay and you were almost home. 

Your pace increases as your apartment comes into view, the sound of multiple footsteps behind you becoming louder. Your breathing becomes heavier as you run to the stairs, your hand latching onto the railing. Before you can pull yourself up the stairs, you feel a hand grab onto the back of your jacket, yanking you backwards. You partially prepared yourself to hit the concrete, but instead you hit a chest before sliding down to the ground. 

"Tsk Tsk, Y/N. Boss will be so happy we found you. He wants his money." A man growls, his voice sounds sort of familiar. 

"What? What boss? What money?" You ask, peeking out of one eye. You immediately recognize the men, the ones who were in the bar not too long ago. 

"Don't play stupid, let's go." Haechan snaps, yanking you with him. 

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about" you cry, trying to fight off his grip. 

"Don't play stupid Y/N. We got your exact description, place of employment and your hours. Stop trying to act like you don't know you own Yoonoh $700k." Jungwoo says.  

"T-that's not me." You cry as they push you into a van. 

"Save it." Mark snaps, slamming the door. 

The entire hour you were in the car, you couldn't cry. You were so confused. You had no idea who Yoonoh was, what money they were talking about and why they thought that it was you who had it.

The van abruptly stops, the door swings open and a bag is placed over your head. As much as you fight, you're unable to get the three men off of you long enough for you to run away, you try to dig your feet into the ground to stop them taking you wherever they were but nothing was working.

The three men drag you up the stairs of a building before forcing you to your knees at the bottom of a staircase inside. 

"You've got the wrong person, I'm telling you." You cry. 

"Shut up." Haechan snaps. "Jungwoo, tell the boss that she's here." 

Jungwoo heads down a narrow hallway to the end where there are a double set of wooden doors. He peeks his head inside, and not even a second later he's waving you all to come down the hall.

Your stomach twists and turns as the anxiety is beginning to eat you alive, the unknown is terrifying. 

"Get in there." Mark snaps, shoving you through the door. 

You're tossed on the ground of a large office, the three men standing behind you. "Here you go boss, Y/N." Jungwoo says. 

The chair behind the desk turns around, revealing an extremely attractive man. His black hair slicked back, no shirt under his suit, his face stone cold and pissed off. 

"You're kidding, right?" He asks, looking very unamused. 

"No, you asked for her." Mark says. 

"I did. And that's not her."he says. 

"What?" The three men say, looking concerned. 

"I said, that's not her." He says again. 

"Y/N from Spuds, this is her Jaehyun!" Jungwoo panics. 

"There's another Y/N that works there." You whisper. 

"So now we have two problems." Jaehyun snaps. "First, the girl you're supposed to get is out there, who ing knows where." He says. "Second problem, we have a beautiful girl here who now knows too ing much. So boys, what do you propose we do? Kill her because you ed or let her go?"