Two

The Serein
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day in the hectic lifestyle of the architect student, Kal Da Eun was rushing home at the wee hours of the night from her part-time job at the corner flower shop near the school.

Seeing as to how the thunder was starting to sound off again, and as per usual, Da Eun did not bring her umbrella before leaving the house in a hurry today.

She wondered if she ought to listen to start listening to her gut instincts from now on.

She dashed through the narrow alleyway that was radiating the brightness of a dim streetlamp. All she needed to do was to get through this alleyway and she would reach her home in a matter of minutes. Da Eun was already picturing the finishing lines that she would add to the outline submission that was sitting at the corner of her table in her home.

But, of course. The heavens just wouldn’t let her get her way for once.

As she reached the last turn in the dim alleyway, she heard a slight groan coming from the other side.

She muttered lowly,” For heaven’s sake, stop being a nuisance, if you’re hiding here to do it, it means you’re undera-“

Her words were cut off as she stared at the sight that she was met with once she had turned the corner. The blue canvas sheet was barely covering up the grown man in front of her, a poor attempt to hide from the public eyes. His white hoodie was stained through with blood as the hood was draped over his hair. The deep red liquid was oozing through the blue canvas, staining the pavement, as he tried to hold onto the wound by his hips.

Da Eun’s eyes widened at the horrifying scene in front of her, what does she have to do?

Ignore it and move on to finish up her outline?

What if she had called for an ambulance – she would have to be there, waiting, this means her submission would not be handed up tomorrow.

Taking a step back, she looked away from the scene, determined to leave. Somebody else would help him, she is sure.

Then, came another pained groan from the man on the ground.

Ah, .

She knew she was going to regret this; she turned her body back to face the bloody mess, lifting the canvas off the body on the ground to take a better look.

“Are you okay?” No response.

“Who did this to you?” Still, no response.

She stood up and took out her phone.

“I’m going to call the ambulance.” Before she could leave, a sticky hand reached up, grabbing her hands as she heard the slightest whisper, the loudest the man can be in his current state.

“Please don’t c-call the ambulance, I’ll be f-fine.” He coughed out.

“Are you kidding me? Look at yourself, you can’t even move!” She exclaimed, kneeling beside him.

Then, the man took off the hood covering his face, there she saw it.

“Wait…it’s you.” She murmured, unlike his body, his face had only one injury, a slight cut at the tip of his lips.

“Hey, it’s the pretty lady from the apartment yesterday.” He called out, emitting an airy laughter, hiding his pain.

“Yes, you are T-Tuan Yi En - right! I need to call the police, it is not as though I don’t know you, if I didn’t maybe I would be able to leave you here, but I know your name!”

“And that’s all you know.” He calmly said, breathing heavily.

“That’s all I needed to know. Who did this to you? Did you mess with some triad?” Da Eun frantically looked around, seeing if the attackers would return to check on the man.

“No, just happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time. I saw a bunch of bullies harassing a ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter