One

The Serein
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The platter of the rain got heavier and heavier as the minutes tick by. He pulled his black baseball cap lower and tilt the metal weapon in his hands towards the target. His one-shot one kill streak did not smear back when there was a bullet lodged right in his master arm, what more does these little droplets have on him? They were nothing but the tears of mercy by the heavens – begging for him to finish off these undeserving souls.

Thunder.

The corner of his lips tightened, turning upwards – what did he say? Even the heavens were on his side. K tightened his grip.

One

Look at you.

Two

Counting those blood-stained bills.

Three

Like you deserved them.

The thundering only got louder as his fingers released the trigger. The heaven was laughing at the karma given right back to the man that laid motionless on the floor, surrounded by his blood-stained dollar bills, quite literally.

Glancing through the scope one last time, a white umbrella with a dark brown tip caught his eye. The only person walking through the streets while this celebratory event had just happened. What a pity, there was nobody to praise him for his hard work in this freezing weather. K kept his tools neatly before disappearing down the ladder of the roof.

-

Kal Da Eun entered her apartment, shaking off the remaining droplets of rain off her windbreaker. Throughout the entire walk home, her head was filled with thoughts about her hot rain shower pouring down on her freezing cold skin, warming her up as well as the boiling hot ramen that she was looking forward to.

Kicking off her shoes, she stepped into her living room to be met with a steel-cold floor.

Must you do this to me on a day like that?

With her fingers crossed, she skipped through her house, with her toes barely touching the freezing floor, towards the bathroom. Turning the faucet on, all that she was met with was the temperature of the water that matched her house’s floor.

There goes her boiling hot ramen and warm water.

“He better be in his office this time, if he is not, I swear, I wi- “muttering to herself, she exited the house to head towards the building's maintenance office, that was when she saw him.

“Young Jae!” Her voice loudly called through the sound of the thunder. She saw him, walking past her hallway.

“I can clearly see your name under your maintenance uniform, you brat!” Da Eun called out again, annoyed. She was sure that the younger boy was purposely ignoring her because she had often threatened that she would lodge a complain to the building management about his horrible attendance in the maintenance office.

“Oh god, I swear this time I’ll really lodge a complain on your atrocious work attitude, Choi.” She murmured as the figure gets further away from her.

Just when she was entering the door of her apartment, a deeper voice radiated closely behind her, the man had turned around, but it was not Young Jae.

“How can I help you?” His voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter