Four

The Serein
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Carl, King was shot in his home a few nights ago. Our only passageway is gone, what should we do?” Bam Bam reported through the phone in a voice thickened with worry. An exasperated scream came from the other end, Carl was starting to feel anxious. The only connection that they had came close to finding the tunnel to the other end was abruptly cut off, Carl was beyond pissed – a better word to describe it was desperate, Carl was desperate.

“You better get Jin Young to find out who did it, we will personally hunt him down.” Carl seethed, the coldness travelled to the other end of the line, Bam Bam had understood where Carl was coming from. They had been working on this for the longest time, and for the only lead that surface to disappear within a night was insane.

“Jin Young had been digging, based on the insider information, we are hearing rumors that K did it.” Bam Bam replied solemnly, knowing that what he had provided was not enough to settle his handler’s emotions with the current situation on hand.

“And who exactly is K?” Carl replied, dead quiet.

Whoever K was, he would track him down, and personally put a bullet through him, the man who had cut off the only way of access that Carl had been looking for, the only breakthrough he had for years. The only hint for him to end the misery that he had been going through, the hell that he couldn’t escape for the decade.

“We are still trying our best to get information on that, K has not revealed his face to many thus far.” Jin Young replied calmly, cutting through the call, taking over from Bam Bam.

If Jin Young had called the position of second best in the technological industry, nobody would be able to call for the first seat. Jin Young could easily had gotten the highest paying position that was available to continue his tech savvy interest in any company, he would have been well sought for. However, he was determined, determined to be seated in the dark room of his safe house, surrounded by tens of screens, doing whatever the hell he had wanted.

“I don’t give a damn whatever method you have to use, I want to hear answers, soon.” Jin Young could tell that Carl was starting to get pushed off the edge, he was starting to feel like he could drop through the cliffs at any moment. This period was crucial for the three of them, if they could not dig out any information within this period, the three of them have officially reached the end of the alley. All these years would have been a futile attempt – clawing at the remains of a foggy memory.

-

The doors to the florist tingled lightly with the bells hung on them, welcoming the new customer to enter the store.

“Welc-“ Before her words could finish, Da Eun’s voice sharply cut off, and she was greeted cheerily by the same man she had been crossing paths with countless of times ever since she had saw him along the hallway of her apartment.

“Daisy!” He called out, giving the usual boyish grin that he had charmed many others with.

Tuan Yi En never believed in fate, but he was glued to this one. He had been standing outside the store for the past 30 minutes, stuck in the flow of watching the only florist in the store continue her repeated routine for the thousandth time.

He would watch how she went around, carrying the elegant metal spray bottle to lightly drizzle the fresh flowers, with each stem clamped between her index and middle finger, she gently supported them as she nourished them – with her love and water. Her long white dress flowed after her with her every movement, trying to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter