Three

The Serein
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As each minute passed by, the anger in Da Eun’s body started to overtake her logical side. She could feel the blood gushing straight to her head with every word that the girl in front of her was saying. Students were crowding around the duo as the intense showdown was radiating tension miles away from the hallway.

Kal Da Eun was known as the quiet one amongst the others in her faculty – she was someone who only spoke when needed. When faculty party invitations were sent out, she never failed to dispose them into the nearest bin. Perhaps, that was why she was often seen as unapproachable, and even more well-known to the seniors.

The girl standing tall in front of her was infamous for her attitude. Park Min Seo.

“We are architects. With your design, people are going to think that we live in the Joseon period.” Park Min Seo seethed.

“We are architects. With your design, people aren’t even going to live past this period.” Kal Da Eun stared straight into the eyes of the stubborn mule in front of her.

They had been going at this for the past 30 minutes since the class was dismissed. This project was clearly going nowhere with the two architects going at each other head-to-head. Both were equally hot headed and had wanted their own ways. Nobody was planning to back down any time soon.

Park Min Seo took a step forward, she was done being civil. Her voice rose up a few notches, screeching,” Kal Da Eun, just because you managed to get the scholarship, doesn’t mean that everybody has to go your way. Architects like us can only move forward if we follow up with the rate of modernization. And you…” Her hands reached out, clawing at the ends of her nemesis’ hair, if words were not going to get through her thick skull, she would rather forcefully wake her up from her idea.

Da Eun’s hair was being held at the mercy of Park, yet the fire in her eyes were not dying down, instead it got brighter. The classmates around them were desperately trying to remove the force of Min Seo on Da Eun, but to no avail.

“Is this enough?” Da Eun muttered, she was quiet, and often kept to herself, but there were limits to her patience. Did everybody think that she was easy to tackle because she often walked away instead of rebutting? With a loud oi, she reached over and grabbed the collar of the mule in front of her.

Before anybody could register the sudden turn of events, Kal Da Eun was pulled out of the scene within seconds. The figure that had a firm grip on her as he pulled her through the hallways of the university, confidently cutting through corners.

“Who are you? Let go of me.” She yelled out, unable to contain the brewing anger from before.

“Daisy, I would love to hear you go off because honestly? It makes you look even prettier than when you’re a quiet kitten.” He said.

Arriving at the destination he had in mind, he shut the door after them, locking them both in the stairwell of the building.

“You…” She narrowed her eyes on the man in front of her. Her anger was slowly residing back to where it came from.

Tuan Yi En flashed her the boyish smile that he had shown her when they had met at her apartment on their first meeting.

“Why are you here?” Da Eun asked, accusingly. Tuan Yi En could already see the wheels spinning in her head as she eyed him with suspicion.

“I did not follow you here, Daisy. For your information, I am a student here in this university as well – in fact, a well kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter