Shake the feelings

From America to Korea

Megan’s Pov.

 

I couldn’t shake the feeling that all of this was a dream. I remembered everything so vividly. Every touch, every tear, every emotion was so clear. I looked at the unfamiliar room and saw lots of get well cards and flowers. There were picture frames on the table next to the bed. One was of Doojoon and I, and the other was of Amanda and I back in America. I loved those pictures. They brought so many memories. I smiled and looked at the rest of the room. White walls, white curtain, white everything. The window was open and blew the curtains softly. It was a refreshing feeling. I saw the remote on the nightstand and grabbed it. I the T.V. to see a documentary on Russia’s prisons. I sat there and watched it as I tried to forget everything that happened in the room. “Knock, knock.” I looked over at the door and there stood Doojoon. “You can come in, I’m okay.” I said as I tried to give him a reassuring smile. He smiled and walked in and sat down on the seat next to the bed. “How are you feeling?” He said as he looked at me with concern. “I’m doing good, Just watching this documentary on Russia’s prisons. They have dogs the size of BEARS!” I exclaimed as I threw out my arms to emphasize the size of the dogs. He chuckled at me. The doctor came in and smiled. “How are you feeling?” He asked as he looked at his chart. “Pretty good. I want to apologize for the way I, well you know.” I said as I looked down with guilt. “It’s okay. I understand. Now I need to ask you a few questions.” He said. “Are you experiencing any headaches, muscle pain, chills?” He looked at me and awaited my answer. “No not really, Just headaches. Other than that. Nothing.” I said. “He flashed a light in my eyes, took my blood pressure, and temperature. “Well everything looks good. We can release you, let me just go get the paper work and you’ll be good to go. I’m going to prescribe you some medication for the headaches.” He said and left the room. I got out of the stupid hospital bed and of course what happens when I try to get out. I fall on my face. “Megan! Are you okay?” He said in between chuckles. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said as I got up from the floor and walked over to the closet. I grabbed the clothes and walked to the bathroom. There was a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank-top, and a gray and white stripped cardigan. I put them on and brushed my teeth. My breath must of smelt awful. How long has it been since I brushed my teeth. “Gross.” I said as I looked at myself.

 

DooJoon’s POV

 

 I was so excited to hear that Megan can finally leave the hospital. I started packing up the things in the room. I grabbed the picture frames and other little things and put them into Megan’s Adidas bag that she had from high school swimming. I then opened the nightstand and saw the familiar blood stained clothes. All this time I couldn’t bring myself to throw them away. It was the last thing that she had worn. I was so afraid that she wouldn’t come back to me and that I couldn’t protect her. I feel guilty everyday. Now, I will always make sure she’s okay. “Gurrrrr!” I heard as Megan came out of the bathroom. “Oppa, I’m hungry.” She said with a pouty face. “Alright , let me finish wrapping things up and we will go get something to eat. Megan sat in the chair as I walked out of the room to get the discharge papers from the nurses station. “Hello, I need Megan Tomahawk’s discharge papers.” I asked the nurse and paid the hospital bill. I walked back to the room and saw Megan looking out of the window. The light was hitting her just perfectly. It almost looked fake. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. She smiled. “What are you thinking about?” I asked her before I kissed her cheek. “I’m just trying to remember. I can’t decipher what is a dream and what is real.” She said. “Well how about after dinner we go to your house and look at some photo albums that Amanda and I made while you were in the hospital?” I suggested. “Mmmm, okay. I’d like that.” She said with such a happy smile. “Oh by the way oppa, what happened to my cell phone? I want to call my parents and let them know I’m okay.” She said. “It was destroyed in the accident. I called them already and let them know. We will also pick you up a new phone.” I told her and she turned around and hugged me tight. “Thank you… For everything. I’m so glad to have you.” She told me with such a sweet voice. We let go of each other and I went and got the bag and she grabbed the flower pot and we left. Only to be greeted by Amanda and Junhyung.