Chapter 4

Forgotten love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber was sad but she never cried as it all felt like story telling to her, she doesn’t remember anything her secretary mentioned, her heart hurt and all she wanted to do was go to Krystal to apologize, but she remembered Krystal getting angry and telling her to leave. 

*Can we meet?* she messaged Krystal.

*Read* 

She sighed and waited for a reply, it was already late so she never expected a reply, she layed on her bed and processed everything she heard.

"I did that? Why? the past me must have been stupid. I hurt Krys, I made her cry."

"Maybe I loved her a lot to leave her. Taking care of me with my Alzehimers, I would just be a burden for her."

"Did I know about Aiden back then?  if I did I left my family. I'm such a coward"

"No Amber, you didn't know you'll recover, leaving her and saving her from the burden was a good call."

"But I still hurt her."

She fell asleep still feeling frustrated and confused about herself and about the past and when she woke up she saw Krystal’s message.

*Not now. Give me time.*

*Okay, Call me or message me if you're ready.*

*Read* 

She let it all sink in for days and when she couldn’t wait for Krystal’s reply she left and drove to their house, it was theirs, her’s and Krystals, when she arrived she knocked.

“Amber? What are you doing here-”

“Krys! You said we’ll talk, I want to talk now.” Krystal hesitated but let Amber come in.

“Okay we’ll talk but you have to be quiet, Aiden is asleep.” At the mention of the baby boy Amber felt even more sad, he was her baby yet she left them and now she can’t remember them.

“Be honest and tell me everything, I- I know a few from Yeri but I want to hear them from you.”

Krystal told her everything, how they met, how they fell in love and everything about their relationship, even their fights, she was crying when she talked about their wedding and she cried harder when she told Amber about their divorce. 

“I’m sorry.” it was all Amber could say, she still couldn’t remember anything.

“No, I- I called your parents a few days ago to ask about the truth and Yeri also talked to me, she warned me that you’d come after talking to her. I’m actually surprised you didn’t come right after talking to her, knowing your personality.” Krystal joked, trying to lift the mood.

“People change. So you know yet-”

“Your parents just told me you wrote a letter for me to read after you die or could never remember. You never did so they didn’t give it to me and Yeri didn’t know much about why you left and did what you did. I was still hurting Amber, I know you had things going on in your life too but I was also hurt, I had to raise our child alone and you just divorced me, I-” Amber hugged and comforted Krystal.

“I’m here, I’m going to stay here now and be with you guys, my family. I know I can’t remember anything from the past but I promise to remember things from now on. I’ll make up for all the years you’ve suffered and hurt alone Krys.”

“If-if you're just doing this because you feel guilty then just don’t.”

“I’m not, I told you I love you.” Amber confessed and Krystal just stared at her, confused.

“I can’t remember how the past Amber felt for you back then but I- the me now loves you. And it isn’t just because I feel guilty about something I did that I can’t remember, I’m staying and saying I love you because that’s true and it’s what I want, I want you Krys, I want us to be a family.” Krystal still wasn’t sure.

“If you aren’t sure then let’s date, just give me a chance Krys, if- if you don’t love me, the me now and not the Amber from the past then I’ll leave and never bother you again. I also want to be part of Aiden’s life, I’m also his mom right? I missed 3 years, Krys, please.”

“I’m tired, I’ll think about it tomorrow.” As Krystal stood up she staggered a little and was caught by Amber.

“Here let me help you.” She carried Krystal to her bed and was about to leave.

“Wait, stay here. You can sleep her for now, it’s already too late for you to drive. Lay her with me.” Amber hesitated but she also wanted to sleep beside Krystal so she agreed, they slept beside each other not touch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter