Chapter 3

Forgotten love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 Years later

 

“Honey! Don’t run! You just learned how to walk!” Krystal ran to grab her energetic 3 year old baby, he was a fast learner, he started to run before he could walk straight.

“Aiden!” But she was too late, the baby bumped into someone and he cried after falling.

“Oh! Sorry, here let me help you little boy.” 

 

That voice sounded so familiar to Krystal and as she got closer and saw her baby being dusted off by someone she was shocked by that person's identity, that person was smiling while trying to stop the little boy from crying.

 

“I’m sorry, here, but don’t tell your mom, okay buddy?” When she flashed her killer smile Krystal woke up and approached them.

“Are you his mom? Sorry he bumped into me and fell but I checked he isn’t injured so you don’t have to worry.” Krystal was confused with what that person said, she talked to her like she was a stranger.

“Amber?

“You know me?” Krystal was shocked.

“Here, they told me to show this to people if they recognize me.” She gave Krystal a card.

“Hi! Sorry if I can’t remember you but I just got better! I suffered from Alzheimer's for years and I just got better. I lost all of my memories but I’m fine now, just introduce yourself to me.” :)

"I insisted on it having a smiley, nice touch huh." Krystal was shocked.

"Alzheimer's? When did Amber have Alzheimer's? Was it after the divorce or before? Was that the reason or was everything she said true? or is she just faking all of this?" she thought.

“So, I’m Amber Liu! and you are?”

“Krystal Jung, this is my son Aiden.”

“Aiden! What a fantastic name! Your mom must’ve been amazing to think of such a fitting name for you huh buddy.” Krystla smiled a little.

“You were the one who thought of that name.” she thought to herself.

“So Krystal? How did we meet and what was our relationship like? You’re the first one who recognized me except for my secretary.”

“Yeri?”

“Yeah, she jumped on me when I arrived at the office, I panicked not knowing who she was until she introduced herself and I gave her that same card. She cried and told me she missed me. Weird girl.”  Krystal was quietly processing everything when Aiden pulled on her opening his mouth and Krystal got confused.

“Shhhh, Aiden that’s supposed to be our little secret.” Amber whispered.

“What’s a secret?” Krystal asked Amber sharply and the latter got scared with her glare.

“I-I gave him some candy to stop him from crying.” Krystal just glared at her, he was only three how could she give the kid candy.

“Don’t worry I just gave him a little bit. Sorry Krys.” Hearing the nickname she went silent.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know what I was doing, I just wanted him to stop crying.”

“Did you just call me Krys?” glared harder, thinking maybe Amber was just pretending about the Alzheimer's.

“What? Did I?”

“Never mind, if it’s only a little then I’ll let you off the hook.” Amber whispered a “Yes!” after Krystal forgave her.

“As a peace offering let me treat you to dinner and drive you guys home.”

“It’s fine Amber.”

“No, I insist. Please, I also want to talk more with you, you know more about the me that lived here. My family doesn’t know anything and I lived here before I was put into the institution so maybe something here would bring back my memories.”

“Okay, but I can’t tell you everything.”

“That’s okay, I’ll be happy with any information you give me. After I got better I’ve always felt uncomfortable, like I regret something I did and that I feel like I’m missing something or someone, I just feel incomplete.” Before Krystal spoke Aiden began to get fussy asking to be held so she held him up but was stopped by a hand.

“Can I- I mean, can I carry him?” Krystal just looked at Amber not saying anything.

“Please, I don’t know why but- I want to carry him. Just until we get to the car, please Krys.” Again with the nickname, she was confused.

“He doesn’t just let anyone carry him but you can try.” Amber smiled and streched her arm Aiden and he naturally leaned into her, he didn’t fuss and grabbed Amber's neck naturally.

“He likes you.”

“Really! I like him too.” Krystal felt her eyes get misty, she’s seeing the love of her life holding their baby without knowing anything.

 

The ride to the restaurant was quiet as Aiden fell asleep. Amber took them to a family restaurant, after parking she came to Krystal’s side to carry Aiden again, she smiled as she carried him. After they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter