Chapter 2

Forgotten love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years in their marriage and 8 years together, they both decided they wanted to start their family. Amber was managing their korean branch and Krystal was in a higher position in the company she was working for, both of them stable adults. So they went to the IVF clinic and did the procedures, while waiting for the procedure to bear results they reminisced their conversation in College.

**********************************

FLASHBACK

“I want to have three kids.” Amber suddenly blurted out.

“What?”

“I- Did I say that out loud?” Amber asked embarrassed, but Krystal just found her to be cute.

“You did, hahaha. So why did you suddenly think about kids?”

“I-I just thought about how our family would look like.” Amber answered blushing.

“So. you want three huh. Any gender preferences?”

“I want to have a boy first so he could protect his younger siblings.”

“Really? Wouldn’t it be cuter to have a boy later and he’d grow up to protect his noona?”

“Hahaha, that is cute.”

“Right, but you know what?”

“What?”

“I don’t really care about their genders or how many kids we have I just want to have a family with you Am, even if it’s just one kid and us, I’ll be happy.” Krystal said sweetly and Amber blushed more but nodded her head as to agree with what Krystal said.

**********************************

Back to the present, months after the first procedure failed they tried again, the same results appeared and it had come to a full year of repeated failures, the couple had a hard time with all the bad news and were comforting each other every time. Krystal questioned herself and she began to doubt her capability to get pregnant and become a mother she was having a hard time but equally Amber was too but she never told Krystal. She didn’t know at first that she had a problem, she just thought she was beginning to be forgetful or just had her mind somewhere else.

 

“ I forgot my keys.”

“Where did the file go?”

“Honey! You forgot your bag!” Krystal said while giving her her bag.

“Thanks, I keep forgetting things.”

“You shouldn’t stress yourself too much, maybe that’s why you keep forgetting things.” Krystal said worried.

“Don’t worry, I won’t ever forget you and how much I love you~” 

“You’re super cheesy this morning huh, go on you have work to do. Chop chop." Krystal said as she pushed Amber toward the door.

“Ehem. You’re forgetting my goodbye kiss Mrs. Liu.” Amber said with her arms crossed, Krystal rolled her eyes but still kissed her wife goodbye.

“I love you, don’t work too hard.”

“Yes Mrs. Liu~ I love you too, you should go back to bed and rest.”


**********************************

When she continued to forget things she decided to finally go to a doctor and get a check up.

“Ms. Liu it seems you have an early stage of Alzheimer's.” The Doctor announced.

“But-”

“I understand your confusion, you are still young and it doesn’t make sense but it seems that your results say otherwise.”

“Will I start forgetting everything?”

“It’s still an early stage, I can give you a maintenance medicine to help you. It can slow the progress of Alzheimer's, but if it still doesn’t work please come see me again and we’ll do another test.”

 

She drank her medicine regularly and continued on with her life, another year of trying but nothing seemed to work and Amber was getting worse, her doctor told her that there was nothing else to do but take the medicine to slow it down. Their marriage was still okay but it was just okay, both of them had a lot on their minds, Krystal kept blaming herself with all the failed procedures and Amber kept to herself her problems while comforting Krystal. Until one night she decided if their next procedure fails she’ll set Krystal free, if she leaves Krystal won’t be burdened by her condition and she could also find someone who could give her a family, normally. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter