Journal: Day 3

Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of sprinkling shower inside the bathroom woke me up this morning. It was from tiredness and lack of sleep that failed me to wake up earlier than him today. I think I'm going to blame the wine too. I'm not really an alcohol drinker so I guess it made me sleep heavier than usual.

I sat up and stay dazed for a few minutes while hugging a pillow when he came out of the bathroom. I'm surprised I'm still able to write tonight 'cause I thought I'd die from embarrassment...

Since I was still half-asleep, I didn't realize I was staring at him in his robe with his wet hair when he stood near the closet to grab his hanged clothes.

I heard a chuckle and that's when I fully woke up.

“Looks like you're still half-asleep.” he pronounced while placing the hanger back in the closet.

I shook my head and looked away when I realized it, "I–I'm sorry. I wasn't aware." Gosh, I wanted to fade into oblivion at that time.

“It's okay. Do you want to leave later so you can sleep more?” he asked with affectionate eyes that I briefly saw when I peeped at him quickly amidst my response, “No, it's fine. I'll just splash myself with water so I can fully wake up.”

He mumbled something I didn't caught while shaking his head with a smirk when he went back inside the bathroom to get dressed. I assume he said I was a creep for staring at him in his robe... Gosh, why am I being a disgrace?

That's when I lightly, physically slapped myself just like what I wanted last night.

I was embarrassed as hell! I swiftly readied my stuff so I can immediately go inside of the bathroom when he steps out to avoid his eyes because I really didn't know how to face him properly after that ridiculous act.

I took a quick shower to prevent him from waiting too long then we met downstairs to inquire at the front desk about the train schedule for the day. Thank goodness, my embarrassed self calmed down after a quick shower causing me to function adequately.

When the other staff left to get a pamphlet for us, I asked the middle-aged man in concern to the room availability I was inquiring yesterday.

This is when I wondered if this man was actually scheming something I should know because...

“Oh! I forgot to mention you about it last night. The couple who was staying here in the first floor left already.”

“Really? That's perfect!” I exclaimed then faced him right after, “Would you like to stay upstairs or get this one?” I continued while pointing at the supposed empty room.

Before he could choose though, the man interrupted him and claimed, “Oh, it's not vacant anymore. Another couple took that room just an hour ago.”

“Eh?” I was in disbelief. He knew we're looking for a separate room but gave it away for another couple...? Not that I'm complaining but I just feel really, really bad for him who's stuck with a weird stranger like me.

“The dinner reservation you had last night was actually for them but they had to cancel since they needed to leave at dawn and couldn't be bothered to stay up late for a dinner so I suggested to give it to the both of you instead and it was perfect that you asked for a recommendation last night before I could even offer it.”

We were both perplexed with the man's obvious schemes but thanked him anyway. Is this why he seemed sketchy last night? He was a bit surprised we came back together asking for a restaurant but I didn't know he'll take this as an opportunity to send us both to a romantic dinner that's supposed to be for the previous couple. Sir, I may not seem sharp but I noticed! You...

After the pamphlet was handed to us, we departed and proceeded to the nearest station. We both reached an agreement to have our breakfast during the ride due to the fact that having it in the train is an experience not to be missed considering the views we'll witness while eating which I took photos of using his phone like it's my own as he did the same. For nearly an hour, we only chatted about the places we traveled before and some that we intended to visit in the future. It was a simple but lovely train ride.

“I can already see the resort from here.” he said with excitement while staring at the window as we're about to approach our destination.

“A coffee lover indeed.” I chuckled to myself then took a photo of him.

His face went adorably serious when he heard me mumble to myself, about to release a big baby energy, “I am! I'm fine not having water for the whole day but without coffee? Ooh...” he acted like he really hated the idea then continued, “I don't know how I'll be able to function for a day without even a cup of it.”

I only chuckled at his statement as I can feel how he's finally this comfortable around me.

“How about you? I assume you love it too?” he asked.

“I, um–not really into coffee.” I said then let out an oh-no-smile because...

“Really? How can you not love coffee? Wait, then why did you include this suggestion to your plan? You didn't have to...” and this is the reason why. I didn't want him to feel guilty but I didn't want to lie nor pretend that we're on the same boat either so I became honest when he asked.

“It's fine. It'll be like a whole new world to me. I get to discover a coffee lover's haven.” I said with an enthusiastic tone so he won't feel guilty for it.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course! You don't have to worry about it. Traveling is about discovering new things so this is really a gain for me. My former plan was too plain and boring anyway.” I assured him with a nodding smile.

“If you say so... But why don't you like them?”

“It's not that I dislike them. I guess I just don't appreciate its taste that much. I do drink sometimes whenever I feel like trying to like them, so I consume some every once in a while.”

“Okay, that's a start then! What kind do you usually drink?” he asked, sounding curious.

I thought for a few seconds and answered him, “I only drink one's that are not too bitter. Preferably with more milk, or mixed with a lot of chocolate or an iced one. I don't even know their names; I just call everything coffee.” then we both chortled at my last statement.

“I see. Let's find one that will fit that taste of yours later when we get there.” he said while winking at me that nearly stopped me from breathing. Gosh, why are you being extremely adorable?

We bought a couple of souvenirs and whatnot at the station we got off before taking the bus going to our main destination of the day which took us about thirty minutes of zigzag ride to the mountain where ocean view is just spectacular.

The wide area is just about two or three hundred meters above sea level so it isn't as high but view's still beautiful since it has a three-hundred-sixty-degree view. There are few small cottages scattered around outside the resort, and at the most corner part of the mountain, there's a cable car ride going down to the beach where we can take the bus back to the train station that'll only take five minutes.

I can already feel his excitement behind his discreet smile even if the tour just started. If I'm not a fan, I wouldn't be able to tell but since I kind of know him already, the excitement just oozes and it's just outright adorable.

Even though I can't relate with his excitement about the place, coming there with him gives me the same thrill. We have the same look in our eyes but with completely different reason...

The plantation is really extensive; aside from hectares of coffee plantation, there are several greenhouses for which shows different stages of a growing coffee plant—solely for tourists to see. So, we visited each greenhouse to see how they progress in time, from seedling to its growth into becoming a full plant and finally bearing fruits.

When we were inside the last greenhouse, we were handed small baskets for us to pick ripe coffee cherries. He went like, "Can we really pick them?" with excited look and tone. I feel like chaperoning a nephew to an educational tour as it felt really wholesome. Whenever he seemed giddy about something he saw and/or whatever activities we did, I felt ecstatic too. That's how his wholesome energy affected me. Gosh, I didn't want the tour to ever end.

After picking only the bright and deep red fruits, we were told we can eat them as it is since it just tastes like a combination of cherry and other berry fruits. It tasted okay for me but looking at him at that moment, he seemed like a gourmet tasting a food presented by a contestant in a cooking competition for which I found adorably funny.

I giggled at the sight which made him wake up from his coffee dreamland. "How does it taste?" I asked.

“Just the right sweetness which I really like.” he said cordially while gesturing to the half-bitten fruit.

I don't know why but he sounded poetic when he said that. He looked like he was citing a line from a movie. And here I thought I've already seen the best of him but he just surprises me more over the course of time. For sure, many will agree with me for saying he's the exact epitome of a dreamy guy. Oh…

I guess it's only natural for a coffeeshop owner to be this enthusiastic in a coffee plantation. Would love to bring him there all the time if I want to see him that kind of endearing again.

We then proceeded to the next process; drying of the cherries and its beans, milling and finally the packaging.

The first half of the tour ended at an elegant looking coffeeshop at the hotel's rooftop. We were served pre-ordered complimentary lunch at a small rounded table with a full view of the whole resort where we can see every area we went as well as the overlooking vast sea.

I remain seated at the table afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter