Journal: Day 2

Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up today, I realized how silly I acted around him last night. My attempts to joke or to be cool? My gosh, what the hell is wrong with an awkward bean like me?

I know even after sleeping so late, he wakes up very early in the morning having only two to three hours of sleep a day. So, I woke up earlier than him today because let me just say I was kind of avoiding him as I seriously don’t know how to act around such godly creature. I know... A fan avoiding his idol. Weird it may seem but I just needed to breathe. I will totally lose it if I wouldn’t get a break from his breathtaking presence. Also, I promised him a comfortable vacation so leaving him at peace on his own is the best way to keep my words.

After preparing to take off, I wrote him a note that I left the key I had last night for him and requested for a duplicate from the receptionist for mine instead. I wanted to tell him I’ll be gone for the whole day to tour around the city but thought it was unnecessary because he probably wouldn’t be interested as to where I went. So, I took off!

According to my guide, I’ll visit museums, galleries, plazas and some famous landmarks around the city today. I didn’t set the time nor the order of the places I was going to visit and so I decided to start with the farthest one.

I visited the plaza first and walked around town to admire the architectures and landscapes it can offer. It was around before noon when I decided to visit a famous museum as my last destination at the town only to find out it was closed for the day due to a minor renovation. Well this is why we need research, people. I was informed by the security that it will be open within the next few days and so I decided to be back by then, I’m here for nearly a week anyway.

I hopped on a bus to get back to the area where I was staying. It was kind of packed with people because again—holiday. All the way through the first stop, I was sitting but I had to give up my sit for an old lady so I stood up and held onto a railing.

It was just a few seconds after I stood up, someone tapped my left shoulder from behind. When I looked around, I was surprised to see him standing behind me, smiling cutely. I could totally see his eye smile behind his sunglasses. God, he looked so handsome! I snapped myself from daydreaming and removed the earphones I had on.

He chuckled which sounded heavenly as always by the way and said, “Ah, that’s why you couldn’t hear me.”

I realized what he meant and so I apologized for not hearing him. Gosh, I was really embarrassed!

We talked about where we went earlier that time. He also walked around the other town (the first bus stop) and was planning to visit some gallery and museum but figured it would be best to do them later and just tour around the area where we’re both staying.

“Have you had lunch yet?” he asked and I don’t know that time if something I had in mind that I was well aware of will never happen in this lifetime will happen or not? I just wished it luckily will.

“Um, not yet. I was planning to have lunch when I got back.” I answered, still hoping for it to happen.

“Would you like to have lunch together?” and there’s my miracle!

“Su–sure.” I replied, choking. Did I save any country in my past life to deserve this, God? Whatever I did, I’m glad I did it. Thank you for this day!

When we got off at the second bus stop, we walked to the town center and asked each other where we should eat. I wasn’t really starving as I already felt full from his heart-fluttering presence so I couldn’t really think of what I want to eat for lunch.

“How about you decide where to eat now and I’ll decide where to eat later for dinner?” I choked on my own spit when I heard it! Dinner?! We will have dinner together later?! I only expected lunch but I didn’t know he wanted to have dinner with me too?! Seriously, was I an angel in my past life? What is this sudden reward I’m getting?

“Ehem.” he realized I was flustered with his question and offer so he asked me again to snap me out of my trance.

I really couldn’t think straight so I pointed at a restaurant my eyes saw first.

We went inside and took a seat near the door. It’s an Italian restaurant that looks really fancy. Not thinking straight really gives you consequences like this huh. Carbs it is! I felt apologetic towards him because I might be ruining his diet plan—if he ever had one. I think the only diet plan he has is not eating properly or skipping meals! And as far as I know, he’s not a fan of floury food. So, I’m really sorry for bringing you there.

The foods in the menu all looked delicious. I know I said I wasn’t hungry but looking at the menu made me suddenly hungry and so I called for the waiter to order.

I don’t know if there’s a best way to handle the situation but I just did what I needed to do—I asked the waiter to split the bill because first, I don’t want him to pay for our food. Just because he offered to eat together, doesn’t mean I can take advantage of it and let him pay for my food. Second, I don’t want to pay for all of it either because he might be the type to get his pride stained if a girl treats him. He doesn’t seem like one but he could. So, going Dutch is the fair way!

He was pretty surprised with what I did but looked like he understood it so he let it go. Or did I just assume it? Oh gosh. I’m so sorry!

The food was delicious and in the middle of eating I asked him something, “May I know why you’re alone?”

“I’m not? I’m with you.” he said with his deep husky voice and that’s when I felt lightheaded. I lost focus and I couldn’t think straight! My heart felt like it traveled all throughout my body because it seriously felt tingly.

He chuckled then said, “Sorry. Um, I’ve just decided it’s time to travel alone without my brother who I usually travel with. You know... for experience.”

I snapped myself and replied, “Really? It’s my first time traveling abroad alone too.”

“But we’re not alone right now though.” he said and it made me feel all tingly again.

“Right...” I tried to chuckle but only let out a nervous laugh.

“If we’re going to have dinner together later, it only means I’m tagging along with you until then... Will you be okay with that? I really don’t know what to do during this vacation. Traveling alone seems like a bad idea for someone who doesn’t have any idea about the place he just arrived at. Sorry if I’ll request to rely on you for a few days. I hope you’ll let me?” he asked sounding unsure whether he should’ve requested something like that or not.

But oh gosh, Kim Jongwoon... I’ll gladly bring you with me everywhere I go during this vacation if it’ll keep you safe and comfortable! Hearing those words made me want to keep you for myself and protect you from all sorts of harm in the world... Oh... My heart...

“Of course! I really wouldn’t mind. I think it’s a bad idea for me too as traveling alone can get really boring.” I tried to console him indirectly so he won’t feel bad about his request which isn’t really a request but rather a favor for me. Thank you, universe!

After lunch, we went to multiple art galleries in town. When it was around four in the afternoon, we decided to take a walk going back to the guesthouse since it’s just a kilometer and a half away from the center. Instead of taking the boring road at the other side, we took the longer touristy neighborhood side. It’s worth it since its picturesque to walk through.

All day after lunch we both weren’t talking much as we’re both still shy around each other regardless of my attempt to be comfortable around him. Maybe I was the only one who’s actually shy as he looked natural walking around with me.

While we were taking a stroll and taking pictures of the neighborhood, he called for my attention and asked, “I can trust you, right?”

I was flustered with the sudden interrogation but I figured even me would ask that if I’m with a stranger.

“I know we’ve already been with each other for almost a day now and that asking it this time would be too late but I’m just worried... You understand me, right?”

I answered, “Of course, I do. Is there anything I can do to make you feel safe and comfortable?” At that moment I was sweating as I was really worried that I’m upsetting him in anyway.

“Um...” he contemplated but still continued, “May I see the contents of your phone?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter