Chapter 2

Spectrum

Jonghyun, on the other hand, had just reached his mansion and kept the little thing in his pocket. A small, gold stud. A pretty little trinket that seemed to mean a lot to the man he had hitched a ride with, judging by the way he had decorated that motorbike of his. The care he showed his bike seemed to be at odds with his appearance. With his black lined eyes, leather jacket and ripped jeans, the man didn’t seem like he would care about anything or anyone other than himself. What could he do with the stud? Taking some wire, he fashioned a casing for the stud, before adding a black thread and tying it around his neck. Of course, it would look better on him, than anywhere else. Evading the law was a mere hobby for him, but the thrill of defeating the police gave him a rush that couldn’t be equalled to anything else. Who needed alcohol or cigarettes when you could have a nice safe or cupboard to open? Used to getting everything he had ever set eyes on, Jonghyun had been surprised when he saw a locked drawer for the first time in his life, at age 8. After spending hours trying to open it with a bobby pin, like in the movies, he felt as though something within him had been awakened once the lock opened. Honestly, he didn’t need the money he stole, but that was just a perk. His way to get some pocket money for himself, which he could use for anything in the world. His cover was the fact that his parents were the wealthiest people in his town, and therefore there was no way that anyone would suspect him. He was nothing like Robin Hood, although the term ‘robbing hood’ was more suited for him. Honestly, the best thing he could steal would be that Harley from that goth boy, who treated it as his true love. Once he got his hands on that flashy number, he could force goth boy to be his slave. This was too simple, like taking candy from a baby. Having a readymade getaway driver would help him turn into the best cat burglar in the world, which would mean that he could focus on larger missions than just safes. Perhaps it was time to take things up a notch. After all, he was skilled with computer systems as well as locks. Be it any type of lock, metal or digital, he would crack it open. To test out his own skills, he decided to pay a little visit to the largest bank in the next town. Though he was both brave and daring, he definitely wasn’t stupid enough to risk getting caught in his own town. Dressing to the nines, like the trust fund kid he really was, Jonghyun decided to deposit money into that branch while checking out the security system.

Parking his expensive car outside, Jonghyun walked in with two rolls of bills in his pockets, pretending not to count the number of security cameras there. Naturally approaching the counter with a female employee Jonghyun his charm, which worked exactly as he expected, making the flustered woman type her access codes multiple times. Noting every minute detail of her station, Jonghyun observed that this woman had bills of a rough estimate of a hundred thousand.

Jinki, who was counting out bills to the person in front of his station, was stunned to suddenly be able to see the rainbows being reflected on the hologram in the corner of the notes. Strangely enough, he was only able to see the hologram. Was that a sign that the person he had met, was nearby? The only thing was that Jinki didn’t know who he was, among the number of people currently in the bank. In his haste to try and find the person, Jinki knocked over the cup that contained his stationery, which fell with a loud crash.

Distracted by the noise, Jonghyun’s attention went to the employee who seemed to be frantically scrambling to get his things. When he finally sat back at his desk, Jonghyun felt a small jolt inside him. The one whom he had been thinking about was, in fact, right in front of him. What luck! Smiling widely, he tried to read goth boy’s nametag but failed. Anyway, how did it matter? He already knew where he could find him, which made his job infinitely easier. To top it off, there were hardly any cameras, and the ones that were there seemed basic and easy to hack. How stupid of the staff to not even know this, and yet they claimed to be such a large and respected bank. Well, they definitely seemed to be begging for someone to rob them, and Jonghyun was more than happy to carry out this particular desire of theirs. Could he make use of goth boy already, or would he be pushing his luck? It was so obvious that the object of his attention was doing all that he could to stay invisible. Dressed in the most boring clothes Jonghyun had ever seen, that guy really didn’t look like the person he had seen the other day. In fact, if he hadn’t noticed him so intensely that day, he would’ve surely passed over him without a second look. Clad in a light blue shirt, with absolutely no trace of eyeliner on him, Jonghyun couldn’t deny that the man still managed to look rather handsome. Honestly, he preferred his goth appearance to this one, since he looked absolutely smoking hot when he was clad in black leather. After depositing his money, Jonghyun was struck by the thought of what he should start with, the bike or the bank. On second thought, this needed a lot more planning than he’d originally thought. Life was certainly all about risks though, and this time, he’d have to make it in such a way that he’d run into goth boy exactly the same way as the previous time.

Still unable to take his eyes off the one bit of colour he was able to see, Jinki stood up as to deposit something, and started to walk around the area. If his idea was right, then when he walked closer to that man, he would be able to see more than just one tiny part. So far, it did seem to be working, as he was able to see the deep maroon colour of the carpet beneath his feet. So excited that he could feel his heart beating faster and faster, Jinki tried to quicken his pace before he was stopped by his manager.

“Get me this month’s figures, Jinki”

“Yes, Sir”