Lucky in Love

A Way From Home

The first thing Sehun did when he returned to his office was sit down on his leatherback chair at his desk. He was so giddy. It all felt like a dream come true.

Namjoo.

Kissing her.

The way she looked at him like so shyly, like only he could make her feel that way.

She was so special.

Pulling out his phone he easily found her number. A click on her name and he changed it to Mine.

In all of his life he’d never had anything like this before. Nothing and no one had belonged to him.

Namjoo was special and he already knew he had dug his own grave.

⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕

Namjoo was still breathless when she arrived home. Never had she been kissed like that before. Her face was still hot. Her heart palpitating abnormally.

Sehun had kissed her so intensely her knees almost buckled. He had held her so gently the mere thought of it made her float on air.

He was so sweet.

She was so lucky.

High on emotions Namjoo took a quick shower, dressed, found a quick meal all while staring at her phone yearning for Sehun’s call to come through. Then she went to lay in bed. Phone beside her. Willing it to come to life.

She stared at the darkness. Reimagined Sehun asking to kiss her. Smiling because she hadn’t expected it. Everything with him was so serene Namjoo still couldn’t believe it was happening.

Sehun liked her.

Her boss.

Her CEO.

He was so handsome and so perfect. She kept thinking he couldn’t be real. This was just some illusion she was making up.

Only it wasn’t.

Closing her eyes, she tried replaying it again. Sehun’s deep kiss. Holding her. The way his mouth had pressed against hers.

Her heart leapt shocked when her phone finally rang. Jolting up Namjoo’s hands flew out for her phone, the screen alit bringing her room to life.

“Hello?” she quickly answered with heart racing.

“I’m calling late, sorry.” It was Sehun.

“No, no. I…I wasn’t sleeping, really,” Namjoo hurriedly interjected in case he already wanted say goodnight. She wanted to hear his voice more. It didn’t matter how late she had to stay up chatting with him.

Because she wanted to spend more time with him.

Maybe imagine he was right here with her. Of course, not in bed. Yet.

The soft of his laugh made her heart pace faster. He sounded so cute and alluring she wanted to embrace it.

“Sehun,” she shyly called, “what are you doing?”

“I’m drafting a speech.”

“You’re still doing work,” she guiltily pointed out. “You didn’t have to call.”

“I am tired,” he confessed, “but hearing your voice energizes me.”

Namjoo smiled realizing a little too late that he couldn’t see it.

“Namjoo, chat with me,” he encouraged.

“Then,” she began, “are you hungry?”

“I already ate,” he sounded amused.

“What did you eat?”

“Stir fried pork. It was spicy.”

“It’s best when it’s spicy,” Namjoo commented and before she knew it she was talking about her favorite restaurants to her favorite foods and bars and hangout spots.

She couldn’t remember when she drifted off, but when she woke up her phone battery was at 7%.

Rising from bed she washed and dressed and left for work. Deciding today that instead of immediately joining the elevator crew she’d get coffee first.

“I’d like a warm cup of espresso,” Namjoo ordered.

The vendor’s eyes brightened, “It’s you, Miss.”

Namjoo’s brows rose and watched the man push over an already completed order.

“It’s been waiting for you all morning,” he smiled. “A token for helping him.”

The corner of her lips rose up. “Thank you.”

Swiveling around Namjoo started toward the elevator mulling over the coffee Sehun had ordered for her. Her heart swelled a little more in anticipation. She would definitely go see him later.

A fresh set of flowers were waiting for her in her office. Mood increased by a dozen she went right to work expecting Sehun to call for her to eat lunch with him. By noon she hadn’t heard from him. She worried calling him might interrupt important work, so she waited. A little after lunch her stomach growled.

Giving up, Namjoo went down to the cafeteria to grab a sandwich. She wouldn’t eat in the cafeteria in case of the stocky man.

The place was filled when she arrived. A sweep of the heads in the room and she spotted no stocky man. Increasing her pace Namjoo bought her food and returned to her office where she munched on the chips and sandwich at her desk. Late afternoon she still hadn’t heard a peep from Sehun.

A check of her phone and still no missed call. A half hour swam by before she left her office. The sixth floor was silent. Namjoo quietly milled around in front of Sehun’s huge dome doors, questioning herself. Worrying if she might interrupt Sehun in the middle of his work or a phone call or perhaps a very, very important email.

Gathering her wits, she finally knocked on the door and waited for some response.

There was none.

Namjoo knocked again and squeezed her hands. in a breath she touched the very cold knob and pulled the door open. A poke of her head inside and she spotted a barren office. No one at the desk. No one at the sitting area. Even the kitchen area inside was empty.

Backing out Namjoo closed the doors and stared down both ends of the hallway. One led to the public bathrooms. Leaving the right, which led to who knows where. For a long while Namjoo stared. Wondering and wondering.

On impulse she slowly and cautiously edged forward. Not sure what she would find. Or if Sehun was even here at all. What if he was out? Then she recalled him telling her to come whenever. He had told her several times yesterday.

Before realizing the walls transitioned into a homestyle magazine. One side opening up to an empire of a kitchen. A huge dome light hanging over the kitchen table with four matching chairs tucked in. On her right a living room boasted luscious furniture and a huge flat screen television set on a wide Maplewood table with drawers. Inside the bottom cupboard she noted through the glass door a bundle of DVDs was tidily organized.

Amazed, Namjoo’s eyes roved over every foot of the sixth floor. A private home in the office. A thing she’d never heard of before.

Straight ahead a door had been left open. From where she stood, she recognized the foot of a bed. A strange emotion flushed through her. She should leave, but something propelled her forward.

The closer she reached the room she could only conclude it was a bedroom. A giant bedroom. At the foot of the threshold she recognized Sehun asleep in a fetal position. Almost like he was hugging himself. She recognized the clothes from yesterday, which meant he hadn’t gone home at all.

Her heart panged. He must have worked all night and been so tired that he didn’t even make it under the blanket before passing out.

Deciding not to interrupt his rest she turned to leave, but stopped when she heard, “You’re here?”

Glancing over her shoulder she saw Sehun sitting up. Hair askew. Clothes creased. Dark bags drooped beneath his eyes. She almost wanted to hug him.

“Oh…I didn’t mean to wake you.” Namjoo apologized.

Tiredly smiling, Sehun touched his empty bedside. “Want to come lay down?”

Lowering her eyes Namjoo debated. With her ex-boyfriend she had done some things without crossing the line. Hugged, cuddled, kissed, but she had never had with him or anyone. It was a big relief she hadn’t, because the bastard had cheated on her.

“Just…lay down?” Namjoo uncertainly asked. She felt stupid, because it wasn’t like Sehun had asked for her V-card. Yet on a rational par, the entire sixth floor was his area.

Sehun’s slowly growing smile inched wider turning his eyes into crescent moons. He looked pale and without energy her heart went out to him again.

Namjoo took a step into his room cautiously then another foot in. Hesitating before slipping off her low heels and climbed onto the bed leaving a safe gap between them. Anxiety washed through her like strong waves.

Shooting Sehun a fast glance, she said, “Just for a bit.”

“Ok.” He quietly agreed.

The tension in her body made her body feel stiff as she lay down. Staring up at the creamy white ceiling. Unable to observe her surroundings, what Sehun’s room held, what kind of things were in his possession. felt dry.

She couldn’t relax. Uncomfortably shifting onto her side with her back to Sehun she stared at the pistachio shaded wall. Wondering if she had made a mistake, but upping and saying she needed to go sounded like a horrible excuse after coming all the way here and inclining to lay down. Namjoo chided herself for being this nervous.

Her heart rammed when she heard Sehun moving. It pumped wildly when she felt the warmth of his body, and then his arm sliding over her belly.

“I just want to hug you.” A part of her thought he sounded sad and pleading or maybe he was just very tired.

Namjoo’s eyes fluttered as she allowed herself to feel the ease of his front to her back, the gentleness of his embrace. There was no hidden intention. Sehun was tired. He just wanted to innocently hold her.

Very slowly the tension in her shoulders relaxed and she finally let her head sink into the fat pillow. Sehun wasn’t even holding her tightly or hugging her in a death squeeze. She could slither out if she wanted to.

“I’m going to be your clingy boyfriend from now on,” he muttered. Namjoo breathed a laugh. “I’m going to apologize beforehand.”

“I thought you were tired.”

“I am,” he croaked, “very.”

“Rest, Sehun,” she said. “I’ll stay.”

“I want to keep talking with you.”

“Let’s talk later.” Namjoo promised. “We already did a lot of it last night, but I did most of the talking. I did, didn’t I?”

She waited for him to say she did except she got no answer.

“Are you sleeping?” Namjoo asked.

No answer again. Cautiously peering over her shoulder in order not to make too much movement she verified Sehun had fallen asleep on her. She quietly scoffed amused because he’d said he wanted to keep chatting. Readjusting her head on the pillow Namjoo listened to his even breathing. Allowing herself to now feel his body nearby.

It was nice and comforting. Sehun holding her as he slept. Having him nearby.

He really wasn’t a bad person.

A flight of happiness soared through her. Sehun liked her.

They were really in a relationship now.

⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕

Sehun didn’t actually know how long he slept for. When he awoke his bedside was empty, so the first thing that went through his mind was Namjoo probably left. He regrettably lay there soaking in the fact that Namjoo had really been here with him. He really wished she stayed longer. They could wake up together and who knows, maybe cook something to eat together.

He already missed her. Stupidly. If Namjoo knew that she would really think he was too much.

Pushing himself up Sehun went into the bathroom next door to splash some water on his face. He would probably need to go home after this and get better rest. Right now, he just looked fatigued. How was Namjoo supposed to see handsome in this?

Chiding himself he dried off his face and stepped out. He was hungry. He’d get something to eat and leave. Freshen up in the early morning and return to work.

He froze at the end of the corridor feeling the whole world open up under his feet, the room spin around him. There in his kitchen, the food on the table. Namjoo looking back at him timidly gripping her hands in front of her.

And his heart raced and it raced and it raced like never before.

Sehun imagined running into her. Throwing his arms around her to spin her into the air and kissing her hard.

Instead, undying warmth flowed through him. Intensifying so hard the back of his eyes burned, touched by the gesture. Namjoo staying. Namjoo cooking.

A promise kept. Food waiting for him. A person who cared.

“You’re still here?” he asked. “I thought you left.”

“I thought you’d be hungry when you woke up,” Namjoo said. “I didn’t want you just ordering something to eat.”

Sehun tried not to smile too hard. Eagerly stepping up to the table he gave the dishes a onceover. The words seeped out of his mouth before he could control it, “I love it.”

Catching himself he looked at her fearful that the mention of love might have been too big a vocabulary to use. What he deemed as uncertainty spun in her eyes before Namjoo abruptly giggled. In that moment she was more beautiful than he’d ever seen her before.

“It’s pork stir fry,” Namjoo said when he sat down. “I made it not spicy, so you can enjoy it better.”

Sehun glanced at her. He was so darn lucky. “You remember?”

“It’s not like we talked about it last year,” Namjoo sheepishly looked elsewhere bringing a smile to his lips.

Taking a bite of the food he chewed. “It’s delicious.”

“I got your coffee today,” Namjoo said. “I didn’t help you with anything though.”

“You did,” he said drawing up another spoonful, “you kept me company last night.”

Namjoo seemed to think about it. “But I kept you up.”

“You helped me,” Sehun insisted. “It doesn’t matter how late it was, because I was more thankful.”

⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕

Night had already dawned when Namjoo went up to her office to gather her belongings. Sehun waited patiently for her outside and walked together with her to the elevator.

“If your car’s in a different direction, you don’t have to walk me,” Namjoo said. “I’ll be fine on my own.”

“I want to walk you,” he said. “I want to make sure you get there safe.”

At this Namjoo couldn’t refute. Stepping into the elevator she pressed the button for the basement.

“You’ll be at work like normal tomorrow?” Namjoo questioned.

“I will,” he answered. “Do you want to have lunch with me?”

“Yes,” she replied then wondered if she’d spoken too fast. Biting her lower lip, she stole a glance at him.

The elevator opened switching her attention. Namjoo made sure to match his pace as they climbed the stairs up to the parking garage. Don’t walk too fast. Prolong the moment with him. She didn’t mind if she didn’t get his phone call tonight, but she wanted to stay a bit longer with him.

“You’ll go straight home?” Namjoo asked.

Sehun seemed to laugh, enjoying her concern. “Yes.”

“That’s good.” She said as they started toward her car. They were going too fast. They were nearly at her car. Arriving, Namjoo unlocked the car and shifted toward him. “We’re here, so I guess I should say goodnight.”

She expected that to be that and done, but Sehun suddenly wrapped his arm around her, slid his hand across her jawline into her hair pulling her toward him. This time he didn’t ask.

Parting Namjoo met with the warmth of his lips. The fondness for him growing in heights when he adjusted his arm around her to hold her firmer. Namjoo had never fallen for someone so fast before. Sehun met all the criteria in a man she’d ever wished for.

in a breath Namjoo stretched up toward him. Standing on her tiptoes as she encircled an arm around his neck and kissed him a little harder.  


***And ladies & gentlemen, that is how whirlwind romances start and regrets begin. More sweet time before the fall of our couple

***I've never written so much fluff before I'm going to explode