Chapter 7

Dunk in Love

Mark couldn’t help but spurted the water right to JB’s face. His friend was obviously startled, he didn’t even get to close his small eyes properly that it almost looked as if he was crying. Mark quickly used his sleeve to wipe that drenched face, moving it up and down like a wiper, which irritated JB even more.

“Is that how you wipe someone’s body?!”

“Sorry,” Mark retreated himself. “I was just too surprised.”

“Imagine how I felt,” JB glared at him as it must had been his first time being spurted at as well.

“I said I’m sorry,” It wasn’t like he was planning to do it anyway. What kind of courage did Mark have to act that rudely to the captain of the basketball team.

JB studied him, annoyance was still in his face as his eyes were still shooting death glare. “Why were you that surprised anyway? I thought it was obvious.”

Mark bit his lip remembering the first time he met JB and Jinyoung. He himself had suspected the two guys had something going on from the way Jinyoung watched JB appreciatively and the way he always agreed to whatever JB said despite his nature to go against Jackson’s way. He didn’t realize when he started to ignore that knowledge. Was it when he wanted to believe Jinyoung had some feelings for him?

“Is it Jinyoung?”

Mark snapped back to reality, asking repetition of his friend’s question. 

“The one who left hickeys all over your neck.”

From the heat he felt on his face, Mark knew he was blushing and it must have been obvious as JB scoffed in amusement.

“Park Jinyoung, that bastard.” JB finished his water and held the cup firmly in his hand. “How did that happen?”

“How did what happen?”

“I thought you only see him during practice.”

Mark’s silence seemed to annoy JB for whatever reason. He stood up and shook his , didn’t even look at him. They left the restaurant and JB was all muted. It was uncomfortable so Mark tried to make a conversation.

“It was surprising that you dated him.”

“It is surprising that you are.”

Mark wasn’t dating Park Jinyoung, at least not yet or possibly not ever. But the unusual coldness in JB’s voice shut him up. He probably was upset of him having interest in his ex. Maybe it hadn’t been long since they broke up and he was still broken hearted.

“When did you two break up?” Mark looked up to get a better look of JB’s face, trying to get his attention. However, the other preferred to focus his attention on the crossing light, waiting for it to turn green.

“A long time ago when we were in high school.”

And then there was silence, only the sound of the vehicles passing by made sound. Mark fiddled with the hem of his shirt, welcoming possibility of his friend to still have lingering feeling toward his crush. That was the only possible reason of why JB was still emotional after a long time ago break up. He wasn’t at fault, Jinyoung had always been that magnetic. That made Mark uneasy. He was okay having many competitors, but JB was different. For one thing, he was too attractive. He was nothing compared to that manly figure and warm personality. Not to mention he was someone Jinyoung was once attracted to. Another thing, JB was his friend. It was awkward to compete with your friend for a lover. 

“You haven’t answered my question,” JB suddenly said as they got to the other side of the street. 

“Um… it’s complicated. I don’t understand either.”

JB went silent again, contemplating to open his mouth or not. If he didn’t look unfriendly, that could’ve been funny.

“Why do you like him?” he asked.

“Maybe the same reason you do.” 

JB glared at him so Mark continued. “I don’t know, he was so inviting. He makes me want him. He makes a lot of people want him. You should know, you dated him.”

JB sighed, “Yes I admit he was desirable. Sometimes it’s hard to be around him without feeling a thing.”

“Do you though? Do you still have feelings for him?”

“No, but his presence around me sometimes is tempting. But we both know I’m never gonna cross that line with Park Jinyoung again.”

“Why did you two break up? Is it because you found out he couldn’t stay committed to you?”

JB threw him a thin smile before started walking again, “No, because I couldn’t stay committed to him.”

The guy left Mark flabbergasted. Mark couldn’t believe what his ears just heard, but JB refused to elaborate so he just followed him silently. 

“I am being punished, Mark.” 

JB’s shoulder was moving as he sighed.  Mark wanted to see his face but he stood his ground behind him, not wanting to push too hard. Anyway, it might be hard for JB to confess his feeling towards his ex.

“I never get to date anyone after Park Jinyoung. Even my current crush is already taken by him." He turned around and threw him a warm smile, “Funny eh?”

JB’s confession had Mark felt restless. Two days ago he thought he could bear with Jinyoung having so many possible suitors, but one of them to be JB was a whole lot different game. It was more than reasonable to be worried as the chance of Jinyoung returned the captain’s feeling was high. Maybe it wasn’t all about the basketball him, maybe he too still had lingering feelings for JB. Maybe Yugyeom was wrong, maybe Jinyoung became a player to tempt JB, to make him much more desirable and finally had JB chased after him again.

Mark hissed in frustration that he startled the old woman sitting in front of him. At that moment, he was riding a bus to the hotel Jinyoung was currently swimming at, according to his Instagram story. He wasn’t really sure of what he’d do but he had to see him. soon.

He almost ran as he got out of the elevator to the pool. He struggled to open the heavy door and had to put all his weight in order to move it. He was thinking the pool would be in an open are with a lot of people in swimming wear. He even had prepared himself for seeing girls in bikinis around Jinyoung. However, once inside, he was facing an indoor pool with marble pillars and elegant statues perched throughout. It was almost private, there was only 1 guy in the jacuzzi and another guy who was busy with his phone. There was another one, actually swimming in the pool, but there’s no way to see his face. 

“You’re supposed to wear a swimwear in the pool,” said the nearest guy by the pool. He was talking to Mark without lifting his head from his phone.

Mark didn’t know the guy but he looked around his age so he might know Jinyoung. “I’m looking for someone.”

“What? I couldn’t hear you.” He said, gesturing Mark to come closer.

He was handsome, his hair as dark as the night sky. He was muscular and from his phone screen, Mark knew he was gay.

“I’m looking for someone.”

“From your look, I know exactly who you’re looking for,” he glanced at the swimming guy. “It’s hard to get his attention tho. While waiting for him, can you take my picture?”

Mark was a little dumbfounded. This guy was rather friendly for a stranger, but wasn’t it weird to ask someone whose name you didn’t even know to take your picture? Especially pictures in which he made sensual poses. Mark had to look away several times as his abs, muscles, and shapes were too much for him. Luckily he was saved by water splashed to their direction.

“Hyungsik, you crackhead, just who do you think you’re seducing!”

Mark turned around and the way Jinyoung got out of the water reminded him of a scene from bay watch. He was left breathless by those abs and muscles that he already forgot how Hyungsik’s body looked like.

Hyungsik chuckled, “I see, this one is yours.”

That was a statement. He took his phone back then shouted to the man in the jacuzzi to leave and finally it was just Mark and Jinyoung left in the room.

“So you’re looking for me? How do you even know where I am?”

Mark finally got his senses back, but with wet Jinyoung standing in front of him topless, focus was a really hard thing to find. 

“I saw your Instagram story.”

“I didn’t know you follow my IG, I would’ve followed you back.”

“I um… I used my second account.”

Jinyoung looked at him in amusement, “Why? Are you stalking me?”

Mark should feel embarrassed, but to his surprised, he wasn’t. So he nodded. “I check your account frequently. So I know where you’re at or what you’re doing at that moment.”

The man chuckled, “Wow, that’s creepy.”

Mark had a mixed feeling, he was relief to tell Jinyoung he was that into him, but he was a little afraid the guy would runaway. “I guess I’m sorry?”

“Nah, I uploaded it so people see anyway. If I want it to be private, I wouldn’t make it public would I?”

Jinyoung offered him his orange juice which he declined. He enjoyed watching him drinking the orange liquid more. His arm muscles flexed as he lifted the glass and his abs moved as he gulped.

“Why are you looking for me then?”

Mark was flustered. He knew he would ask but he hadn’t come to a decision yet as to why he was looking for him. “I uh… I want to spend time with you?”

Jinyoung laughed, “You do? How would you spend time with me?”

“I… I don’t know.”

Jinyoung scanned him, “You could swim with me.”

“Aren’t I supposed to wear swimwear?”

“Can I?”

Mark didn’t actually get what Jinyoung meant until he started to stripped him out of his clothes.

“Jinyoung, I …”

“There you are, in your swimwear.”

“These are my boxers,” Mark said quietly.

“Does it matter?” Jinyoung then walked backward and stopped right on the lip of the pool. He winked before throwing his body to the water, creating splash. He appeared back on the surface still teasing his hesitation to step in to the water. “What’s wrong, Mark? Afraid to turn into mermaid?”

JB wouldn’t think twice, so neither would Mark. He jumped in, letting go. The water hit his body hard but it was fun. Scary at first but then he felt an adrenaline push. He swam to where Jinyoung was but the closer he got, the further the guy seemed.

“What’s that?” he started to get annoyed. “You were here and then you’re there.”

Jinyoung laughed hard. “What are you talking about? I didn’t move.”

“You did. You are almost at the other end of the pool!”

Then without another word, Jinyoung swam fast to his direction. In seconds, Mark felt a hand took his waist and suddenly he was pressed close to Jinyoung’s body. He moved to keep them steady and Mark felt blood rushing to both his face and his . They were so close, there was barely any distance between them. He could even feel the shape of Jinyoung’s on his own and his hand on his BARE .

Mark panicked as he reached down his . His boxers were gone. However, he didn’t have time to look for them as Jinyoung spread his legs and stared to rub his on his balls. He held onto Jinyoung’s shoulder tightly to keep floating, knowing of what’s to come. 

Without any preparation, Jinyoung shoved his hard right into his and started ing. Despite the hurt and the surprise, Mark found it easy for him to submit to the other’s power. The water was warm and it eased his pain away. He moaned hard as Jinyoung ed him to the oblivion.

“They will need to change the water,” Mark said as he lied down. He was still breathless, secretly amused that Jinyoung could make a good use of any place he was at to get laid.

“You’re right. I couldn’t afford to have some girls ask for your fatherly responsibility.”

Mark chuckled. “They’re doomed.”

“No offense, I believe your babies would be kind and beautiful. I just hate half of their genes,” Jinyoung said while gently tapping Mark’s face with towel to dry it.

It was hard not to blush seeing Jinyoung’s possessive side. It made his feeling for the other guy too overwhelming to bear alone. He’s got to tell him, and tell his heart to stop pumping too much blood or else he’d have heart attack before confessing. He sat up before Jinyoung to see him better.

“Jinyoung. Do you like me?”

The other guy looked astounded, and for a second all he did was staring at Mark in perplexity. The silence was suffocating. A little longer, Mark would die out of embarrassment. If Jinyoung was really to reject him, Mark had to plan his runaway path from now.

“I think you like me, I thought you did,” his face was burning under Jinyoung’s intense stare and he felt like throwing up if he didn’t say a thing anytime soon. “Did you?”

Jinyoung bit back his smile, his eyes softened. “What’s your first clue?”

“Don’t toy with my question, sir. I already feel like dying here trying to ask you out.”

It was really frustrating as Jinyoung didn’t make it easy for him at all. The guy looked away, enjoying this torturing moment a little too much. 

“You’re asking me out? Why?” he finally said, a trace of smile was obvious on his face.

Mark almost choked on his own breath, he thought it was really obvious. “Because I like you.”

“Really? Don’t you know I’m a player?”

“I do.” The answer came faster than Mark expected. “I do, but I don’t care. You’re all I can think about and I’m never gonna sleep well until I know you’re mine.”

Jinyoung’s lips couldn’t make the usual smirk. Instead his smile bloomed in the way Mark had never seen before. He laughed, so hard he threw his head back as he laughed. He even shed tears leaking from the tail of his eye.

“What’s so funny?” Mark asked nervously. “Stop giving me mixed message. Are you turning me down?”

“I’m sorry, was there ever a mixed message?” he paused, waiting for Mark’s response which came slow. ”Then I’d better clarify it.”

He then took Mark’s head with his large hand, pulling it closer to his face and gave his lips the warmest kiss despite the cold drop of water dripping from his hair. Mark melted to the touch of the silky kiss and wanted nothing more but to savour the taste. He advanced forward to take more of Jinyoung in him. There wasn’t any intoxicating aroma of grapefruit and blackberry from the man. Instead, he smelled of chlorine, but Mark couldn’t care less. 

Jinyoung’s hand had creeped down his waist, pulling him closer that he was now sitting on the man’s lap. He didn’t break the kiss, neither did he make it deepened. He kept on the lazy yet passionate and on Mark’s lips, trying to keep it longer. They had kissed for numerous numbers of time by now. There was no need for Mark’s heart to flutter, yet it still did. 

When they finally parted, as much as Jinyoung looked flushed, Mark believed he wasn’t any better. He could feel his lips swollen and his chest moved up and down catching up with breathing, which was useless as the view before him was breathtakingly beautiful.

“Are you my boyfriend now?” he asked with ragged voice.

Jinyoung landed another short kiss on his lips and nodded. They were officially together now.