Chapter 6

Dunk in Love

“Sorry I couldn't stay, Jinyoung said as he extended his hand, inviting Mark to take it as they left the dorm for the parking lot. 

It was past midnight already, the cold wind blew once in a while but Jinyoung's hand was warm. Come to think of it, it was the first time Mark held that hand. Jinyoung's hand was bigger and it strangely fit his perfectly, he didn’t want to let go.

"It's fine, but I have to make sure you arrive well to your car.”

“Yeah, the handsome me would definitely attract kidnappers. Do you know how many people are attracted to this face?”

“Do I have enough fingers to count it?”

Jinyoung giggled, “I’ll lend you mine but I don’t promise that’s even enough.”

“That's alright. I’ll get loan from the bank.”

“Banks lend human organs now?”

Mark was sure he’d never get enough of that voice, “You’re right, they don’t. Well, then I hope my connection to the black market is still strong.”

Jinyoung burst into laughter. Even in the dim light of the street road, his face was still mesmerizing. Without him realizing it, Mark’s hand had reached out and the tip of his fingers caressed Jinyoung’s eye whiskers which disappeared as quickly. 

“What are you doing?“ Jinyoung asked.

“Your eye whiskers appear when you smile or laugh, they’re so cute,” even Mark could hear how absentminded he sounded. Would other people see eye whiskers as one’s attraction? They would if the one here was Jinyoung. Oh Mark was indeed bewitched by Jinyoung’s beauty, he wanted to have him every time the thought of  other possible suitors appeared.

“Oh? Only my eye whiskers?”

“You’re cute,” Mark revised almost immediately. 

Jinyoung chuckled and Mark’s fingers welcomed the texture of the eye whiskers on his skin. Although that didn’t last because Jinyoung took his hand and kissed the tip of his fingers, sending shiver down his spine. 

“Do you like them that much? You looked so happy.”

“You don’t like them?”

Then Jinyoung leaned in and kissed him on the lips. The kissing was for the nth time that night, but this was felt different, at least on Mark’s end. There was desire, but without lust. It was warm and honey-like, Mark almost forgot who and where he was just because of the touch of their lips. Jinyoung really was a great kisser.

“I like them a lot if they make you that happy.”

Before Mark could return the comment, Jinyoung looked away. He bit his lower lip before turning back to the smaller guy, but then shy smile escaped; so contagious Mark couldn’t help but smiling back.

“Ah, you make it really hard for me to leave. Shall we just go back?”

“Shall we?” Mark wouldn’t refuse the idea.

“Damn, that’s really tempting. But I really have to do something in the morning.”

“Then it’s fine, you can sleepover some other times.”

Jinyoung smiled at him, “Sure.”

“What are you doing in the morning? won’t you feel tired after tonight?”

“I have to pick up my mother from the airport, is all.”

“Well, aren’t you a filial son?” Mark chuckled. 

“Why? Are you not?”

Mark thought for a second. His mother only spoke to him once in a while. She was too busy working and thinking he was nothing but a burden.  In fact her last visit wasn’t pleasant at all he hardly had a good sleep for months. “Yes I am. What’s your mother like?”

Jinyoung shrugged, “Just like a usual mother. She nags a lot and dates a lot.”

“What?”

“Oh, my mother is a divorcee. Don’t worry she isn’t cheating on anybody.”

Mark’s mother was a widower. It was hard for her finding a new husband, life was hard for single mothers. People looked down on them all the time. Not to mention having an only son who gave her nothing but embarrassment. 

“I bet your mother is pretty.”

Jinyoung chuckled, “My face can’t lie. But I can assure you, you’re prettier.”

“Stop it.”

“Why? You're pretty, there’s no use of denying it.”

“It’s just, sometimes I don’t like it. It makes me feel worthless without it.”

“Well, that’s weird. Do you know thousands of people do plastic surgery for at least an acceptable look?”

Mark knew that, in fact it was all his mother ever talked about: be handsome, get a rich wife, help her to get a better life. As if he was a and his degree would mean nothing.

“Listen, Mark. It’s ungrateful to hate your face. If you’re sick of people only focusing on it, then show them more of you.”

Mark smiled a little only because Jinyoung did. And without him realizing it they were already in the parking lot where Jinyoung’s black SUV was parked. He unlocked the volvo and threw his bag in. Mark kinda wish the other guy wouldn’t leave just like that, he missed him already. 

To his luck, he wasn’t left just like that. Jinyoung closed the door behind him and pulled Mark between his legs where he kissed Mark’s lips passionately. His hips pressed against his, body was close to each other as their tongue danced. The sound of their breaths and their exchanged saliva were so loud, Mark could barely hear another sound. His lust came alive, reminding him with the they just did in JB’s room. 

“Oh right, are you sure we’re gonna leave JB just like that?”

Jinyoung’s eyebrows knotted in disbelief, “Of course, why?”

“Don’t you think he will be confused?”

“He’ll wake up hangover, yes he will be confused. Don’t think too much about him, it’s at least what he deserves after ruining my plan with his bull surprise team dinner.”

Mark couldn’t say anything anymore as Jinyoung dived in again. They didn’t part until a security passed by and asked Jinyoung to leave. Mark went back to his dorm with a smile hardly leaving his face replaying his moment with Jinyoung that night. At least until he discovered his key wasn’t in his pocket. He turned his bag upside down but it wasn’t there either. He wondered if he dropped it somewhere.

He went back to the elevator until he reached the lobby, hoping to find it. But he found nothing. He had around 7 more hours until the dorm administration opened and an exhausted body to rest. There were small chairs in the common room, if he remembered correctly. He had never been there after his first visit. That was a terrible option, but at least he wouldn’t be sleeping in a solid cold floor. 

So Mark walked past the offices to the said common room. It was smaller than before. There were too many stuffs like pool tables, study tables, and book shelves. Mark sat on the biggest armchair he could spot. It was big enough for his size so he put down his bag and folded his body. His aching back fortunately didn’t protest as he was very tired. At least until he felt a horrible backpain that woke him up from his nap. He changed position which didn’t quite help his situation. He was wondering if it would be better to just sleep on the floor but he retreated the idea as it appeared the floor was too cold. 

Just before he kicked the armchair, an idea popped to his head. It was embarrassing but he’s got no other options. His body was so sore he might need to try thai massage in the morning. So he climbed up the elevator to the fifth floor. He sighed in front of the door but eventually opened it. The room was the same as when he left it earlier. He just needed to wake up before JB woke up tomorrow. This could work.

That didn’t work. 

Mark woke up because of a ruckus. He opened his tired eyes and found the shocked, and , JB making a fuss before the study desk. Right, there was no escape from this. He forgot JB was an early bird, why did he think he would wake up before him? and the guy was , surely he would think happened last night. Mark cursed the lost key, if it wasn’t for it he wouldn’t need to be in this situation. Everything would just go so smoothly like Jinyoung predicted.

“We ed, we ed, we ed!” JB said impatiently.
Mark tried to stay awake, but his head was spinning. He was used to short sleeping time, the heck it was hard to keep his eyes open now.

“Mark! I said we ed!”

“I heard you the first time,” he heard his voice broke. Damn, his throat was dry. For a second he was wondering how JB’s voice was already clear this early in the morning.

“Then talk to me, did I you? Was I good? Did you ask for more?”

Mark felt his eyebrows knotted, “What?” he was wondering if it was that absolute that he’d bottom.

JB finally sat down, he was staring at the still sleepy Mark. "Wake up and tell me how good I was.”

Mark peeked through his eyes. His neighbour was genuinely concerned about that. It’s a waste to just let this chance go. He had to be punished for implying he was a bottom.

“I ed you several times until you said you couldn’t take it anymore.”

“Did you?”

“I got you 3 times while screaming my name.”

“Really??”

“Hey, your face isn’t designed to make that kind of face, did you know?”

“What face?”

“That comedian face or while I’m at it, an innocent face. They don’t fit you. I really want to say that.”

“Damn you, I think they suit me very well. I’m the world definition of cute.”

Mark pulled the blanket over his head, “Ugh, they really don’t. I beg you, quit it.”

JB pulled down the blanket, “Why? Does it turn you on?” Then he winked. 

“It doesn’t.”

“Oh come on, I’m a cutie pie.” He pulled Mark from the wrapped of his blanket. “What? Why are you fully clothed?”

Mark chuckled.

“What the hell? You didn’t even bother to take off your clothes?”

“No, I’m sorry, I was just messing with you. We didn’t , maybe next time if you’re lucky.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I sneaked in because I lost my key. I didn’t even know you were . Gee, what did you do, JB?”

Mark was surprised he could say that without stuttering. Had he always been a plausible liar?

“So we didn’t do it?”

Mark shook his head.

“You sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Oh. Then I should be embarrassed to show you my morning wood?”

“Your what?” Mark’s eyes went down to JB’s crotch and he found a hard standing proudly. Unconsciously he swallowed hard at how big it was. 

“I know right?” JB winked again before heading to the bathroom.

The guy was big, it was bigger than Jinyoung’s. Mark took his phone and googled how to unsee inappropriate things but they were just non-sense. He ended up stalking Jinyoung’s social media. He found every trace Jinyoung left the first night he met the guy and it was already his habit to check all of them every day. Jinyoung wasn’t always active. In fact, he only use Instagram and his other accounts were practically dead.

His feed was aesthetic as if it was carefully planned. Jinyoung was an active guy and he was tagged in hundreds of photos by a lot of friends and fans. Something was tagged but it was then gone just as fast. Someone tagged Jinyoung in what seemed to be an old photo. Mark wasn’t sure of how to find it again, he didn’t even get a good look of Jinyoung. It was a shame as it would be the first time he’d see the guy’s old picture.

After some times screening from Jinyoung's following's posts and found nothing, Mark then gave up. JB was still in the shower. He was singing and Mark loved how soft that voice sounded. It calmed him down. JB dorm version hit him differently.

The window was opened and the morning breeze was refreshing. Mark blinked and reminisced his good life. In this very room, he and Jinyoung made love. The man was so fine and that got him blushing every time. It would’ve been perfect if it was Jinyoung in the bathroom. Gosh, Mark was falling in love.

“Oh you’re still here,” JB came in in a towel wrapping around his waist. His toned body was displayed like a fine underwear commercials.

Mark groaned. It was too much of a sight for such a short time length. If he pushed his luck, he might see another body within the 24 hours.

“Where else would I go? The administration isn’t open yet.”

“Get up, I’m hungry.”

Mark yawned, he too was hungry. He sat up staring at JB who was busy drying up his hair. His towel hanged so lowly as if it threatened to unknot. But JB gave the smallest over that matter. The guy wasn’t shy at all, if anything he enjoyed showing off his body. As he should be, he’s got fine back muscles, round small ,…and sharp eyes. , he was caught staring.

“Drink it up, Mark,” JB smirked at him from the reflection in the mirror. 

“Sorry, I can’t help see what’s displayed,” Mark reached out to find the blanket he was using. 

“Leave it. I’m gonna have to wash it. Apparently I jerked off and on it, sorry you had to use it.”

“Oh… that’s okay, you were drunk and I was the one who barged in.”

“Shame you didn’t catch me ing. I believe it’s hot.”

Mark wanted to disagree but the image of JB with hard flashed back to his mind and he couldn’t deny it was hot. 

“Go shower first.”

Now he sounded like the captain he was, very imperative. Strangely, Mark found an impulse in himself to talk back this time. “Why?” 

JB raised his eyebrow and stopped his towel flapping, “As much as I adore your handsomeness, Mr. Mark, I suggest you don’t go out like that.”

That was silly, just how bad JB thought he looked. He stood up and walked to the mirror he was using. “ me! I’m a mess.”

“That can be arranged once you’ve showered, but I’m not touching you right now.”

Mark looked disgusting, he even had dried drool all over his jaws. Never once in his life he woke up to this version of his. He’s grown mustache while he slept and it felt awful. He took JB’s towel from his waist and ran to the bathroom not caring about the now again guy he left dumbfounded. 

The water was refreshing despite the expected pain in his sore body. Mark was lucky he got to sleep in an actual bed. He no longer thought the thai massage was necessary. He just needed some food right now and surely he would regain his energy. 

Mark and JB walked down the road to the bean sprout soup house JB was craving. They walked side by side in comfortable silence. Mark was using JB’s shirt and sweatpants and he felt like a kid. He stared at the end of his fingers which peeked from the sleeves. Looking back, why wouldn’t he just ask for a t-shirt like JB was wearing? That looked a lot more fitting to his size.  He was small, while JB had a figure every man could ask for. His shirt hid nothing of his iness.

“Why? Do I look especially handsome today?” JB asked.

“Not at all.” 

JB’s soft laughter fit the relaxing ambience of the street. He hummed the song he was singing in the bathroom and Mark’s mind drifted away. He wondered if Jinyoung was already in the airport. Would he be stuck in a traffic jam?

“Oh!” JB pointed at what seemed to be a new restaurant across the street. 

“What?”

“That’s where we’re gonna eat,” he then ran so Mark had to follow him finding the nearest crossroad.  JB raised his hand and took Mark’s hand with the other.

“But I thought you wanted bean sprout soup!” Mark tried to keep up. They were heading to an oxtail soup restaurant which was significantly more expensive than bean sprout soup. He contemplated if he should he just tell JB, but it was embarrassing to admit he didn’t have enough money. So he shut up and sighed for he had to eat cheaply for the rest of the week.

JB only stopped running once they’re inside. The restaurant was decorated in common soup house style. People took off their shoes and sat on the floor. 

“I was waiting for this restaurant to open, damn what’s the odd we passed this area,” JB finally let go of his hand once they got their table.

“Why? Is this place famous?” Mark felt even more restless as well-known places usually charged higher amount of money.

“Famous is underrated. Their branch in my hometown always had a long line waiting outside the restaurant. Once my family had to queue for more than an hour. They don’t take reservation.”

“Did it occur to you that maybe your tiredness of waiting that made the food tasted more delicious?”
Mark quickly shut his mouth as the waiter came with water and took their order. JB had let go of what he said, his eyes sparkled as he watched the pictures in the menu. He was flipping the pages just to savour his imagination of what tasted best when Mark saw something. 

“What’s that?” he asked the waiter.

“Oh, there’s an event for couples if you 2 youngmen are interested in. Finish a pot of oxtail soup in 20 minutes and you won’t be charged.”

“Ah, shame we’re not couple,” JB said.

“We are!” Mark took JB’s hand and squished it, “See? We’re couple.”

JB looked at him, puzzled but then decided to just shrugged it off. "If you insist."

“Great. Now how big would the portion be?” Mark asked the waiter.

“The meat itself is almost 3 kg, not to mention the soup.”

“REALLY? YOU MEAN I GET TO EAT THAT MUCH FOR FREE?” JB couldn’t seem to hide his excitement and squished Mark’s hand so hard.

Despite shrieking from the sudden pain, Mark liked the news too, that would totally help with his empty belly and money problem. “But what if we don’t make it?”

“That giant serves of the soup costs 90000 won.”

That was impossible, the usual soup cost only 15000. Mark could afford a portion but 90000 was just too much. He wouldn't be able to eat for a month. He was about to ask JB to abort mission but the guy accepted the challenge without doubt and the waiter was already gone. To make the matter worse, it wasn’t the usual pot. Mark had never seen 3 kg of meat and bone in a pot before. Although there wasn’t much soup in it, there was no way 20 minutes was enough to swipe it clean. 

“Are you sure about this? I don’t have the money to pay for all of this if we don’t make it?” Mark whispered.

“Even more reason to make it, right?” and JB winked again. “Don’t worry, we can do it.”

Mark wasn’t ready but the waiter already set the timer. He took a spoonful of soup and he noticed JB took the oxtail by hand. It was better strategy, if he drank the soup first, he’d have no room for the meat. So Mark dropped his spoon and started to strip the meat from the bone. It was hot that it almost burned his tongue. But the meat was so tender it melted in his mouth. If only he had enough time to savour it. 

On the other hand, JB ate so fast while still managed to look as if he was having the best time in his life. He used big ladder to drink the now not so hot soup. Mark felt full already but he kept forcing himself to eat. They didn’t really have much left by now and JB was still eating like he hadn’t been fed for weeks. Without him realizing, the people was cheering for them.

Mark glanced at the timer and realized they had less than a minute to finish the dish. He tapped JB’s hand to warn him. The guy got the message then lifted the pot and drank the soup directly from it. Right before the time was up he put down the empty pot. There was really nothing left, even the waiter was left speechless. The people cheered for them. They did it, they didn’t have to pay. Mark was excited, he reached forward and hug JB. He didn’t know how great it felt to finally win something. He liked it.

“Man, that was something,” JB was still happy. He handed Mark the water bottle he was drinking from. “How could we be that lucky? I hope the picture turns out good.”

“Are they really going to put our picture?”

“Why not? We’re 2 handsome guys who eat a lot. I’m proud of you, I didn’t think you’d eat that much tho.”

Mark had no choice. Either that or his wallet would suffer.

“You’ll be my newest food buddy, Mark. It’s interesting. There are 2 handsome guys I know, 1 is apparently a good eater, the other is very picky.”

“Which am I?”

“Are you a picky eater? I’m sure you even eat chicken feet.”

Mark did eat chicken feet. “Then who’s the handsome picky eater?”

“Park Jinyoung. That guy never lets anything he thinks unhealthy touching his tongue. The guy was really scared of getting fat.”

Oh thats interesting. So Mark and Jinyoung were both handsome in JBs eyes. Come to think of it, there was a question he was meant to ask since long ago. “Are you two close? You and Jinyoung.” 

His throat was still burning so he drank the water given by JB. 

“Of course, we once dated.”