EGO: Forgiveness

EGO (A short Taengsic story)

Taeyeon stands 5 meters away from the bed where the person she used to love- the person she loves. Resides. 

Unshed tears hang by her lids as she takes in the condition Jessica was in. Horrifying. 

How could she? She thought. Leaving a sick sick person just like that two nights ago and not coming back until a whole 24 hours passed only to find Jessica on the floor of their bedroom, with blood and puke around her. Hands reached out.

Taeyeon concluded that she tried to go after her when she had left. It's like reality slapping her in the face. 

Now, Jessica lies in a hospital bed, in the ICU ward, quarantine with a dozen wires all over her body, a tube in her chest and a huge oxygen mask to help her breathe. 

Her face was a terrifying color of white. She was already pale initially but this is just plain dead. 

Taeyeon was first, guilty. It was a draining type of guilty, she knows nothing, not even Jessica's forgiveness could pacify the guiltiness and regret that bore in her chest. Second, she was afraid. Or no, absolutely terrified. 

What if Jessica won't survive this time? That and too many other what-ifs going through her mind. 

Taeyeon was foolish, she admitted. She wasn't angry at Jessica for being terribly sick. She wasn't angry about the lack of ual . She never even slept with other women before. She was just… frustrated, and depressed. Jessica was the one person in the world that she cherishes the most. Two years of fighting alongside Jessica and trying to appease her own fears became too much to her at one point that it turns into anger. She was angry at the universe and herself. Jessica is the most amazing person she had ever known and yet the universe is punishing her for an unknown crime she never even done. And at herself for not being able to take away the pain.

Taeyeon managed to move closer after a while. She was afraid to touch the slightest part of Jessica, fearing that she might break to her touch. 

While she was contemplating, she missed how Jessica, in her pitiful state, has woken up. 

Fragile, thin hand, done with wires reached out in feeble, and hold onto Taeyeon's wrist, snapping her out of her train. 

"Sica… "

Halfway opened eyelids, baby brown orbs looked at her pleadingly, tears forming.

".... " she uttered, but Taeyeon couldn't hear it because of the mask and the volume she used 

"What? " Taeyeon moved her ear closer to her covered mouth. 

Jessica tilts her head a little and says, or whispered, 

"I'm sorry… "

Taeyeon was instantly flooded with pain and suffering of her own actions flashing back.

Jessica was too kind for the world. Too kind for her. 

Taeyeon, as careful as possible, hugs the frail woman, holds her the best way she could, and weep by her shoulder. 

"I love you, I love you, I love you. Forgive me. "

The clutching hand on her shirt tells her it's fine. 

'I love you too. You did nothing wrong, I just love you.'

.

.

.

'Don't leave me.'

 

YOSH! WE'RE GETTING CLOSER TO THE HAPPY ENDING!

COMMENTS, SUBSCRIBES AND VOTES.