EGO: Pull Back

EGO (A short Taengsic story)

Tiffany stepped out of the Intensive Care Unit ward in a haggard appearance, eyes heavy with bags that weren't there before. She pulled the surgical mask off, sighing heavily in disdain. 

She sneered at another woman who was waiting outside of the ICU ward apparently. Someone she has come to resent. Someone who used to be her good friend. Someone who betrayed her trust.

"I told you not to come here " 

The woman on the plastic bench said nothing. Head down, hair covering her face like a curtain.

Tiffany, slowly raging, scowled silently at the wordless reply. She snapped, clutching her mask like she wants to rip it apart. 

"Go! She doesn't need you here! She's here because of you, just go and end her pain! "

Taeyeon still budged, not. 

Feeling like a wire snapped somewhere in her brain circuit, Tiffany takes a long and rash stride towards the strangely unresponsive woman.

She, full-on rage, grab the woman by her collar and pushed her back to the wall, screaming:

"I told you, Taeyeon. Hurt her and I'll make sure you regret it. I trusted you because you were my best friend! you! . You! She is my only family, you ! She took me in! My sister! You have no ing rights to do her like this! ! " 

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany's eyes, the eyes that used to smiles at her, now glaring with hideous resentment. 

"I was too egoistic.. "

"Damn right you were "

"I hurt her… "

"You're killing her "

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip.

" I told her she was a burden…. "

Tiffany didn't say anything. Strangely. She let go of Taeyeon's collar and stand before her. Just starring her down.

"... "

"I was a burden. " 

Taeyeon was stunned. 

Right. 

Tiffany was.

A burden, to Jessica.

"But Jessi never tells me, I was. She could have just let me die on the streets, as a lowlife being that I was. But no. She took me in. Clean me. Save up for me, a dirty stranger, to get me into school. Otherwise, you and I wouldn't have met. The term best friends wouldn't have applied to us. She could barely live comfortably on her own. When she took me in she had to work two extra jobs, she struggled for me, wouldn't let me work a part-time job to help her because she wanted me to live like a normal teenager. "

Taeyeon's bottom lips quivered.

"She's not a burden. She's the one priceless person you should always treasure. Don't make me regret introducing her to you, Taeyeon. Don't. "

And with that the adopted Jung took off. Leaving Taeyeon on the bench, drenched in silent tears and flame of regret. 

She wishes to pull back everything else. The past. The things she said. She just wish. 

 

COMMENTS, SUBSCRIBES AND VOTES. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG LOL.