Chapter One

Space Between

"What should we do tonight?" Jungkook asked as he leaned his head on Jimin's, planting a soft kiss before he starts to play with his hair. Jimin who is currently settled beside him and is curled up into the other's hug just hummed. "You mean after eating your special chicken curry?" He asked with a hint of playfulness on his voice which made him earn a bite on the neck from the younger. "Hey. That hurt." He complained but laughed lightly anyway. "We can watch a movie after, or maybe play video games." He answered seriously this time while reaching out for Jungkook's face having a bit of fun by drawing circles on his cheek. "Let's watch a movie then. Playing video games with you is not fun at all considering that you always lose." Feeling insulted by his words, Jimin pinched Jungkook's cheeks hard enough to make him whimper like a cute puppy resulting to the older letting out a laugh. "God, that was adorable. I didn't know you could be this cute."

"Stop laughing. That ing hurt, hyung."

"You insulted me. I always lose 'cause you always cheat."

"I don't cheat. You're just lame."

"If I'm lame, you're gay."

"Say that again and you're gonna get it."

"Gay."

"One more and you will regret it."

"Ga-" Jimin was not able to finish what he's going to say when all of a sudden his lips got sealed by the younger. He was astonished but responded to it as if he knew that it'll happen all along. Opening his mouth enough for Jungkook to get a better access, he then wrapped his arms around his neck letting the other go on top of him to be more comfortable as the two started to battle not with their words but their tongue instead. Pulling him closer, Jungkook's mouth busily the other's tongue fighting for its dominance. Jimin knew he can never win against the lad. Letting out a moan, he knew he ed up. The battle lasted for a few minutes with the older pulling away, panting and is searching for air. He looked at the other with a flushed face and messy hair which made Jungkook smirk at the sight. "Told you."

". Get off me. I don't even know why you had to be pissed off with that considering you're making out with a guy."  Letting Jungkook go back to his previous position which is beside him, Jimin sat up reaching for his bag that is located on the top of the coffee table. Rummaging through his things searching for his phone, he didn't notice Jungkook carefully extending his arm, pulling him back into their positions from before which is on the couch lying comfortably. "Don't move. I need a Jimin now." Before Jimin gets to complain, Jugkook took this chance to wrap his arm around the older's waist for him not to make any big movements and make him focus on Jungkook instead. "Let's stay like this for awhile." Sighing in defeat, Jimin doesn't have much choice but to obliged. Every time Jungkook gets this clingy, there's no stopping it. Scooting closer to him, he let himself be engulfed into the warm hug the the younger was emitting. Silence have lingered but it's not the kind of silence that is awkward... it was more like calming. Jimin could not help but find it adorable when he felt how gentle the way the other buried himself on the crook of his shoulder, taking much of his smell- the smell of his shampoo on his hair. His actions make it difficult for the older to stay mad at him. "The way you hug me makes it seem like we haven't seen each other in like days." He teasingly said but starts to run his fingers through Jungkook's hair as his way of spoiling him.

The lad's body slowly relaxed when he felt the lad's hand gently runs through his hair like he's holding something so precious, so fragile. "I just prefer you instead of pillows."

"Are you saying I'm fat?" Jimin amusingly asked, though he knew that Jungkooj wasn't joking at that time.

"No, I meant I just like being close to you. You know what I mean." He explained in a rather low voice. Their eyes locked with each other, the lad leaned closer leaving only a few inches close to the older. "Hey... you're lonely right?"

Lonely?

Am I?

Maybe I am.

Earning nothing but silence, Jungkook took this as a sign that he shouldn't ask about such a thing again. Standing up, he faced his hyung who is now looking down. "I'm sorry, Jimin. Just rest there, I'll cook us dinner." Cursing himself inwardly, he was about to walk to the kitchen when a familiar touch made him stop. It was Jimin's arms wrapped around his waist backhugging him. Jungkook didn't utter a word, instead he waited for his hyung patiently to speak up. "If I tell you I'm lonely, will you not leave me?"

If someone were to ask Jungkook what he's feeling right now, he would definitely say that he's in pain. Hearing that voice that sounded so fragile, so vulnerable ask him not to leave... Seeing the other lower his head because he's afraid of being abandoned and seeing if his expression would already tell him the answer... it was just too much to bear. Unwrapping his arms, Jungkook turned around and saw that Jimin's still looking down. He slowly kneeled in one knee in front of him, looking at him while wearing the most comforting smile he could ever wear. "Lonely or not, I definitely won't leave you. We're friends, right?"

Friends...

Is this what really friends should do?

"Hn. Thanks, Kook."

"You can rest there. I'll just cook the curry that you wanted so much to eat." Receiving only a hum in response, Jungkook proceeded to the kitchen where all the ingredients needed for the said food are placed. Even for such a small distance, the two could not help but feel alone. After a moment of lingering silence, the older finally stood up. "Kook, I'll just take a quick shower." Jimin said, acting as if nothing awkward ever happened.

"Sure, take your time. You can wear my clothes for now." The lad who is now focused at peeling the ingredients answered.

"No need to tell me. I'm gonna wear it whether you like it or not." This made the lad chuckle. "Of course, you do." Just then he heard the sound of a door closing and locked. "Quiet yet again." He muttered as he keeps himself busy by peeling the ingredients needed for the menu. While preparing the thought of him and Jimin wouldn't seem to leave his mind, especially what his friend Namjoon had told him. 'There's no such thing as friends making out, Jungkook. He's just using you.' Is he? Or is it the other way around? This question made him remember the first time the two had spoken to each other. It was quite bizarre for the both of them. It was a mystery how two complete strangers such as them clicked so suddenly, talked one time but as if they had known each other for years. But most of all, how similar they are. How fragile and dependent they are to another person... how lonely they are. Reminiscing made Jungkook sigh. Meeting Jimin was fate, or so that's what he thinks. They were too smiliar. Like how they needed another person to fill the emptiness that is inside them, like how suffocating it is to feel alone. They needed each other, which is why opinions of other people don't matter.

If he's using him, then he's using the other as well. that's how scary loneliness can be.

-