Closure

(Just) Flatmates (?)

The kiss made you tremble. Even without Minseok squeezing you too tightly, your body pressed against his. The two of you fit perfectly together. It was a dizzying experience, your skin was buzzing just from being so close to him. Eventually, unfortunately, you had to create just a little space between your faces to breathe.

“Let’s go home. Before we’re interrupted.” You suggested, playing with the rim of his coat. The material was course, but it had to be warm. The thought passed fleetingly through your mind, immediately being discarded as you inhaled and felt your chest pressing against Minseok’s.

“That sounds good.” He answered, yet he made no motion to let go of you. It was so tempting to give in to his warmth and kiss him again, but you’d never get home that way. You ducked your head down, pressing a soft kiss to his neck. His muscles tensed, you felt them constraining you tighter. It felt right, but you still had to force yourself to break out of it. It would just be for a few seconds. Just as long as it took you to get home.

It was torturous, walking back to the elevator, getting on, choosing your floor, waiting for the elevator doors to close, waiting for elevator to move… You held his hand firmly in yours, but  it just wasn’t enough. You felt warm, nearly nauseous with how much you wanted to be close to him. At long last, the elevator pinged and the doors opened. Minseok took larger steps than you did, but you followed close behind. It’d felt like an eternity, but now things were all happened so quickly.

The door unlocked, you stepped inside and the door closed again. As soon as the lock clicked, you were backed against the metal, and Minseok’s lips pressed against yours. In the sudden darkness of your apartment, all you knew was him. His kisses made you dizzy. Even though he’d pinned you to the door, his hands soon slipped from your shoulders. They didn’t need to be there. As the pressure on your shoulders lifted, you felt his chest press to yours.

His thumb brushed over your cheek, making you shiver. The darkness was starting to let up a little, and you could discern his silhouette, but only as a larger blot of darkness against dark blue. There was no time to think about it, you didn’t want to think about anything. Your hands found their way to his shoulders, half resting on them, half clinging to him so your legs couldn’t give up on you.

“We should probably… Go to a bedroom.” Minseok suggested, slightly out of breath. You tried to verbally agree, but were cut off by another kiss. Not that it wasn’t welcome.

“Your bedroom or mine?” You managed between kisses. Minseok paused, his lips still pressing lightly on yours and he considered the question. Then, rather than answering you, he scooped you up and started carrying you into the apartment. You squeaked in surprise and grabbed hold of his shoulders, feeling your heart flutter for the umpteenth time as his muscles flexed under your touch. God damn this man was y.

Being in his room was a surreal experience. You hadn’t been in there before as you usually respected his space, but it felt exactly the way it was supposed to. As he laid you down on his bed, you were enveloped by his soft blankets and the lovely scent of freshly washed sheets. Just when you thought you couldn’t be more . You half managed to sit up when the mattress shifted beside you and Minseok sat down. Your body reacted on its own, in part fuelled by gravity, but more so by desire, you pressed against him.

“I’m wearing my shoes…” You whimpered, uncomfortable with the realization that they were in fact touching the floor. Minseok glanced at them, then at his own. He was also still wearing his. But you didn’t want to ruin this moment when it’d taken far too long to finally get here. “But I want you more than I want to clean.”

“Remember how I said no one could stop me from kissing you?” Minseok whispered, reaching down and untying his shoelaces. You felt your heart sinking right down to your lower abdomen, pulsing heat through you. How could you possibly forget? “Well… I’m not going to let shoes stop me, either.”

He smiled at you, pulling your shoelaces. You felt the pressure releasing from your feet. The small, muted thud of your shoes hitting the floor felt deeply sinful, but the feeling didn’t last. A fraction of a second later, Minseok had sat up and pushed you gently onto your back. His fingers felt warm against your skin, and the visage of him hovering over you, still smiling, made you heart skip a pace.

“Come here.” You whispered. He obeyed.

 

Safe and warm. After the lustful desire passed, and you’d nestled as close to him as you could, you felt safe and warm in his arms. It would be so easy to fall asleep, in fact it felt as if Minseok was already halfway there, but now that you were able to think semi-clearly again, there was still something you desperately needed to talk to him about. When did we start dating?

“Minseok?” You mumbled, snuggling closer to him and not so accidentally burying your face against his neck. His chest moved as he breathed, having slipped from intense panting to a calm rising and falling. It was a comfortable feeling, the rhythm would have lulled you to sleep if you hadn’t had burning questions for him.

“Yes?” His voice was a bit lower. You peeked up, at the same time that Minseok pressed a kiss to your forehead. The simple gesture felt as if a thousand tiny firecrackers lit up in a wave, spreading a warm and pleasant sensation from your head to your toes.

“There’s something we need to talk about.” You muttered, already feeling weird for bringing it up. Jongdae’s birthday party was the day you started dating, but… “It’s… Eh… This is awkward. But… For one… I really, really like you.”

“I would hope so.” Minseok muttered, shifting. The loss of his body warmth made you shiver, but you put up with it so you could look him in the eyes. He had a look of confusion on his face, and you knew you had to speak up quickly to avoid him thinking you got cold feet.

“The past couple of days felt like an eternity and I didn’t know I could miss someone as much as I missed you. And I’m really happy I’m home again, with you.”

“All of that is… Good?” He sounded sceptical.

“But… I have to admit… I… I didn’t actually know we were dating.” You barely managed. “I’m happy about it and I want to date you! This is perfect for me, actually! I just… Didn’t… I don’t think we ever… Said we were dating?”

“You… Didn’t know we were dating?” Minseok raised an eyebrow at you. “Did I… Seem like the kind of person who just kisses girls? Then again… I guess… That makes a lot of sense.”

“I like it. That’s why I didn’t really say anything about it. I’m not the kind of person who just does that, either, you know?” You half managed a shrug. Minseok chuckled and you felt the vibrations. Now seemed like the best time to curl up against him once more. As far as you were concerned, this was pretty much everything that needed to be discussed since you clearly both liked things as they were.

“So we’re definitely dating?” Minseok asked. Apparently there was still more to discuss. You nodded and hummed, then decided to give a very clear and definitive answer to avoid any further miscommunication.

“We’re dating.”

“Oh good! That was scary for a bit, but… You did make it very clear that you like me.” His tone turned playful, and you were happy your face wasn’t in any way visible to him.

“I am a good communicator, yes.” You said, straining to keep your voice even and not at all embarrassed by your, in hindsight, many blatant confessions. How did you miss them? How were you a fully grown adult and didn’t realize telling someone you think they’re the perfect man was not at least flirtatious? Before you could sink into a cycle of regret followed by happiness followed by shame, followed by more happiness, Minseok again created distance between your bodies. This time, though, he made sure to take your face in his hands.

“Then let me be very clear, too. I like you, too. I like you a lot. I like you so much that I want you to sleep in my bed with me, because I don’t even want to be without you when I’m unconscious.” Minseok said. Everything was uncomfortably warm all of a sudden. You placed one of your hands over his and gazed at him quietly for a moment. What a perfect man. How on earth did you end up so lucky?

“So… Can we agree that we never tell anyone we had this misunderstanding?”

“Absolutely. They’d never let us live it down.”

 

In a way, life wasn’t all too different from the way it had been before. The first order of business the next morning, after ‘reaffirming’ your confessions of the previous night, was to do a thorough cleanse of the apartment. Things weren’t as bad as Minseok had made them out to be. Or at least, they stopped being that bad much quicker when you worked together on cleaning things.

“Do you think he’ll come by to pick up his clothes? Because I really don’t want to give him a reason to visit.” Minseok said as he tossed Baekhyun’s leftover laundry in the machine. You looked up from scrubbing the bathtub to assess the amount of laundry. It didn’t look like there were a lot of clothes. How did Baekhyun even get that many clothes here in the first place? You decided not to ask questions you didn’t want to know the answer to, and shrugged.

“Well, I doubt it’ll be the first thing on his mind. I’m hopeful they patched things up.” You put away the sponge and grabbed the showerhead, rinsing the drain. “My phone is still on ‘do not disturb’ mode. I think I’m going to leave it that way for a little longer.”

“Sounds good to me.” Minseok hummed. You nearly sprayed him when you felt his arms looping around your waist. This was going to take some getting used to, but it felt pretty good. “I think we’ve earned some coffee, don’t you agree?”

His voice dipped a little too low, and from the way his lips pressed to your ear, you got the feeling that ‘coffee’ meant something else. With relatively steady hands, you turned off the shower and leaned back against him, taking a moment before daring to turn your head to look at him. The kiss that followed your courage was just a little too energetic to be innocent, but not quite not-innocent, either. As you happily accepted the offer of ‘coffee’, the doorbell rang. Immediately, Minseok’s grip on your waist tightened.

“Are you kidding me?” He growled, shifting to pin you between him and the bathtub. “We’re not home.”

“Guys we know you’re home!” A frustratingly familiar voice shouted, as if on cue, through the door. Really?!