Disheartened

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! An update for this story! I know I said this will only be a 3-part story but well, the last part will be posted next week. :D

 

Peace yow!

Song to play for this chapter:

You've Got It All - The Jets (1986) 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

The soft music blasting from the speakers failed to drown the noise of loud laughs coming from two individuals who are now comfortably lounging on the couch.

 

Faces flushed from too much laughing and a can each of beer, stories never-ending. They will always have something to talk about whenever they meet. Stories to share, frustrations about life, a new coffee shop or restaurant found in the heart of the city. Their work struggles, their families, they have no secrets at all.

 

Amber’s eyes cannot stop looking at Soojung, scanning the face of the person whom she treasures the most. The person whose friendship she is afraid to lose… not having the courage to tell the girl what she really feels. For Amber, it's better to keep her feelings to herself than losing the girl she loves since she was 15.

 

She reaches for Soojung’s face and wipes off the ice cream on the side of the latter’s mouth with her thumb. Who drinks beer and eats ice cream at the same time!? Yep, only Jung Soo Jung.

 

 

Amber appears to be attentively listening and caught Soojung smiling at her for doing it. The girl in return feeds her with the cold treat and continues to tell a story while eating. She reaches for a piece of Temaki, biting half of the portion then bringing the other part to Amber’s lips which the latter accepts without protest. “Maa?” she asked Amber before shoving another sushi in her best friend’s mouth.

 

‘What will I do without you, Jung Soojung?’

 

In this world full of uncertainties, there is Soojung who will always be there for Amber whatever happens. The only person who can make her listen and put sense into her head whenever she is on the brink of losing herself. The only person who nags Amber when she needs a nagging and is allowed to call her Stupid. Soojung’s honesty is what she loves the most because she knows the girl cares. The person who will still accept her when she does stupid things, always ready to welcome her with a warm hug whispering “It’s okay, Stupid.”

 

It is also that honesty that Amber fears the most.

 

Because that honesty might break her heart one day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung, holding her 1-pint tub of Ben & Jerry’s Vanilla flavor ice cream, was busy telling Amber about the incident this morning involving her older sister Jessica.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter