3/3

Something real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Spending a week in the countryside of Seoul with that breathtaking mountain scenery allowed all of us to catch up with each other, with our lives and reminisce old good memories.

It was not surprising that Sooyoung and Yeri--more known as the devil duo-- decided to make our last night here quite eventful.

The wooden interior of the chalet glows invitingly in the soft candlelight as everyone was gathered and sitting in the living room late in the night with a few drinks and snacks on the table.

In front of us, there is a spinning wheel in which you spot two compartments where are written "Truth” and "Dare”. I have no idea where the hell they got that, they just claimed that having the wheel on this centerpiece spins add fun, suspense and make everything more exciting.

Depending on which the roulette will come to rest, the player will have to pick a piece of paper out of many in the bowl concocted by the Devil's daughters themselves.

And we better do what is says because otherwise, the sanction treatment might be...quite special.

 

"It's the same concept as truth or dare except that it has our..signature in it. ”

 

I was left with a suspicion when I saw Yeri's mouth twitch upwards for a second reckoning that she was fighting a smile. 

The atmosphere drastically changed from jovial to tense. We all knew it was not a good sign because of Yeri's highly entertaining and witty personality, we should expect the craziest thing from her. Especially when she pairs up with Park Sooyoung.

 

"TADA!”

 

We all gasped in horror with Sooyoung 's display of a drink poured in a glass bottle with a questionable color. In response to this abominable whatever--thing-- it is, it was obvious from our reactions that no one will indulge to drink it.

 

"We mix a lot of ingredients in it... such as cabbage, ketchup, cornflakes, raw eggs, kimchi and... oh red velvet cake.”

 

Joohyun suppressed a groan of disappointment and sighed instead, not even surprised somehow,

 

"What are you guys doing here, shouldn't you be in hell or something? ”

 

"You guys are definitely not going in heaven” Seungwan emphasized right after

 

"Heaven... I gave up on that long time.” Sooyoung smirked, her eyes gleaming puckishly. Hardly had I ever reacted to that when my eyes beheld Seungwan staring accusingly at me trying to convey me a message like “Is she really the girl you fancy?”

 

Still, I repudiated her indictment as I focus my attention on Sooyoung even more. Every time I couldn't help but think that she is someone who has a lot of charms. If she looks like a satan to others, for me, this girl was like a living angel, without wings and with a halo that was concealed from sight. She wore that long green and white striped collared dress with short sleeves that fits perfectly her enchanting body.

 

I could scarcely breathe as I watched her brushed a stray tendril of hair behind her ear, gently brushing her high cheekbones as she did so and put her pretty hands on her cute hips.

 

I let out a deflating sight.

 

 She looked ethereal, like some angel fallen from the celestial heavens

 

I heard Seungwan scoff like I was a lost cause.

 

"I'm gonna barf. Not in a million years, I'm drinking this.” Seungwan complained lightly eyeing the drink with a deep repugnance.

 

"Then you should just stick up to the game and you'll be fine” Yeri answered with a smile feeling fairly smug as she bats her eyelashes innocently.

 

Seungwan sighed. No matter how much people didn't want to participate, you can't even consider it because it was their style, convincing people into their game and it has always been like that since college. I think at some point, Seungwan regretted coming to Seoul since she has become their favorite target.

 

I don't know if I should thank the short blondie girl for taking the first place on their list to annoy.

 

"And why are you guys not playing? That's unfair.”

 

"Because duh, we made the game.”

 

"And?”

 

“And you talk too much Wannie, why don't you start?” Sooyoung utters impatiently before adding, “Don't ruin up the mood it's not that bad, you can prove Joohyun many things tonight and your love for each other will only get stronger. You will thank me later.”

 

"I think I can find better ways to do that.”

 

"Just get your here.”

 

With a sharp exhale, she headed towards them then turned the wheel. The sound was stressful, feel like you were on Russian roulette.

 

"Dare!” Yeri hands her the bowl of paper, shaking it teasingly.

 

Seungwan hesitantly took one before unfolding it,

 

"Kiss Amber for 5 seconds.”

 

“Oooooh! Amber that is! ” Yeri snickers while applauding rather enthusiastically.

 

"Amber, you have the choice to accept the kiss if not, you should drink.” Sooyoung reminded.

Essentially, if someone picks up dare and has to kiss another person, both of them are submitted to the challenge. The two-person concerned can refuse which will be resumed by both of them taking the shot. If one of them refused to do it, the person who decided so has to drink, etc... You catch the drill.

 

I looked over at the girl in question to see a sheepish, almost embarrassed look on her face.

 

"Sorry, Wan. I'm not drinking this so...”

 

"Oh! so it means that Amber accepts to kiss Seungwan! You hear that Joohyun?” Sooyoung chanted playfully with a wry grin on her face that soon wore off when Joohyun glared at her in the most menacing way to the extent that she flinched at the sight.

 

To be honest, if Park Sooyoung shouldn't provoke someone, it's definitely Bae Joohyun. If the tall girl was spooked by her, Yeri seemed to like living in danger as she cackled openly at her sister.

 

"Look at her face!”

 

Sooyoung laughed along nervously hoping that they'd live until dawn.

 

"Hey... “ Amber puts her arms in surrender. "I'm single and it's Wan who should prove herself. And I know she won't do it! ”

 

“So, Wannie? Drink or kiss? Careful God is watching.” As expected, Yeri's eyes were twinkling with mischief and a playful smile hovered on her lips.

 

Seungwan looked at her girlfriend who had that stoic face then drifted her attention to the drink. She didn't hesitate for long and answered.

 

"I'll drink.”

 

As the others were mortified by the announcement, I wasn't astonished by it. Even if it's platonic between Amber and Seungwan as they were close friends, Seungwan respects Joohyun a lot and will never do that to her even if it's meaningless.

 

"Well...isn't it romantic? ” Sooyoung nodded in approval, faking impression.

 

"If you spill it, you'll have to kiss so make sure to take it all in.” Yeri made sure to accentuate the word "all" and Seungwan locked that brat in a gaze thinly disguised in antipathy disconcerting for taking pleasure at her misery before she snatched the glass of shot.

 

She closed her eyes and breathed in; upon exhaling, she reassured herself softly.

 

"Ok Seungwan, just imagine it's your favorite bubble tea or something...”

 

In one large gulp, she drank everything while pinching her nose, her face twisting slowly into a powerful grimace following automatically by a slight wince from me, not wanting to imagine the taste of it.

 

Seungwan drank a lot of water right after while everyone clapped their hands as a sign of recognition for the action of pure bravery.

 

The fearless girl returned to her seat next to Joohyun and even though the raven girl had worries plastered on her face, I was convinced she was silently swooning inside rejoicing about how her girlfriend loves her.

 

She gently smiled at her and whipped whatever invisible thing Seungwan had on her lips.

 

Ignoring their sweet behavior Joy proceeded. As the game goes on, I think the whole world conspired to make this night a pure disaster.

 

"Truth!”

 

"Byul, are you in love with Solar?”

 

Silence followed for a few seconds until came the blunt reply,

 

"No.”

 

There was evidently a shock after the revelation and I dread to think of what effect her words would have on Solar since she 's quite sensible.

 

Moonbyul and Solar were a fresh couple, they got together three weeks ago. Moonbyul is one of my close friend and I know that she did not mean it in a rude way. She was probably saying that it wasn't something strong yet as they are still starting to get to know each other and not in the insensitive way it was affirmed. I always valued my friends' honesty but she needs to realize that not all people have the same degree of tolerance.

 

Solar was clearly hurt but tried to not show it as she kept composure and just dismiss it like it was nothing. Albeit I just think she was just sparing us a bantering session.

 

"In love is a big word... I like you and we're just getting to know each other.”

 

"Then you just have to say that."

 

"Come on... you're overreacting.”

 

"Oh. Am I overreacting?!”  In one hasty movement, Solar got up from the sofa not able to contain her anger anymore as she raised her tone. "You just humiliate me in front of everyone!”

 

I held her wrist to prevent the aggrieved person from making a scene despite understanding her tantrum. Luckily, she sat down and crossed her arms,

 

 "Whatever.”

 

Everyone shivered at the cold tone given, she was not fine. Moonbyul sure has to struggle for a while to make it up to her. this time.

 

"Okay, moving on...Solar why don't you turn the wheel?”

 

"Dare!”

 

"Kiss Seungwan for 10 seconds and may I add that this is a french kiss!”

 

“Ok.”

 

"Solar?!" Seungwan squeaked out looking dumbstruck, her bottom jaw practically on the floor, her eyes huge. "Are you serious?”

 

Solar turned towards Joohyun. "Sorry Joohyun, after what she said there's no way I'm going to drink this for her.” Then to Seungwan, with a smile that felt a twinge of envy. "But you shouldn't worry I'm sure Seungwan would not drink this.”

 

"Well, would you?”

 

At this moment, I've never seen Seungwan resent someone so much in her life as her left eye twitched at Sooyoung's self-assured smirk.

 

Seungwan let out a low grumble muttered under her breath.

 

"What did I do to deserve this...I'm sure all your actions are based on kissing me.”

 

"Wow, two shots in the row...you never gonna give up! If you want to keep the whole bottle for yourself Wan, you just have to ask nicely.”

 

Sooyoung and Yeri high-fived each other, having the blast of their life. I reacted with sympathy as I started to think that the situation is too harsh for our poor hamster.

 

I felt reassured when I landed on truth since I just don't want to kiss anyone neither drink the horrible cocktail.

 

But, I wasn't spared either when it was Sunmi's turn.

 

“Dare.”

 

"French kiss the person you're the most attracted to”

 

Sunmi scanned each face in the room until her eyes stopped at me. 

 

We had enjoyed a brief fling in the past and I can feel that there was still an attraction coming from her. I did not want this because I only had my eyes on Sooyoung and this was not helping if I want to start a relationship with her.

 

I stole a glance at her and she wore that expression that tells me that she's waiting for something from me.

 

My heart leaps a little bit.

 

I did not dare to confess back in college since our route for our career was too different. I was hesitant that if I plan to start something with her since Sooyoung had to go to Australia. I still have this guilt in me when I saw her frequently date around maybe trying to knock some sense at me.

This reuniting trip allowed me to see her after years and I was scared that she has already found someone, so at first I thought and wondered if it's better we don't meet each other.

But I was glad that I came because this friend's excursion might just help me understand that my feelings for her were still present and I never felt this way for anyone. And now that we both found stable jobs and our paths miraculously crossed again, I strongly believe that it was some kind of destiny. Maybe it was my chance to remedy, to wash off my regrets and eventually confess.

 

If there is anything worth risking in this unpromising world now, I want to risk loving Sooyoung with my entire heart.

 

I stared off into space for a moment until I heard my name.

 

"I'm not gonna drink it so...”

 

"Of course, you wouldn't, you always dreamt about this,” Yeri added sarcastically after Sunmi's statement.

 

This might be a fresh start for me. I do not want to take a similar path and I could not bear it. I stood up and walked towards them like some kind of superhero who was about to save the world.

 

This time, I'll make everything right and I want to believe that positive things will happen if I just put faith into it.

 

 

Okay, it's good to act bold and all but I swear, I was determinate to drink it! But... when I sensed a sort of vegetable in my mouth, I instinctively spit it out.

 

.

 

"Can I have another chance?” I cried out with voice full of hope

 

"Game is the game though. ” Sunmi said sheepishly and I looked at Sooyoung who seemed to be disappointed in me.

 

I gave a begging puppy look towards Yeri for her to help me out here but that latter did not care a bit and just gave me a mere shrug.

 

What I was even expecting from her? She has always loved seeing me suffering, that satan's spawn.

 

We started to kiss, just lightly at first as I try to not enjoy it (not that I'd ever of course!) but then Sunmi started to kiss me with more passion which caused my eyes to widen in shock. In the audience, I can hear some squealing and hyping us like monkeys.

 

"Oh my god.”

 

"The temperature just rising in heeere.”

 

I just wish they can keep their mouths shut and stopped adding fuel to my torment.

 

I was the one who abruptly pulled away after regaining my conscience and instinctively, I reached for Sooyoung's arm but she swats me away.

 

"Don't touch me.”

 

"This isn't-”

 

“You want to play Kang Seulgi? Then you kiss her, I'll kiss everybody in this room just the way you did.”

 

“ I volunteer! ” Ignoring their teasing, I tried to only focus on digging myself out of this mess.

 

The tension was out of the roof and we decided to take a little break from the game as everyone went out to take some fresh air.

 

"Sooyoung, just hear me out.”

 

I was desperately following the fuming girl behind. As she was determined to ignore me, I had no choice but to be a little bit enterprising as I grabbed her wrist causing her to turn around.

 

"You could have just said no.” She mentally snapped at me, wrathful anger building up within her.

 

"But-”

 

"It was the game so what? Rules are meant to be broken.” She was angry. No screw that she was beyond furious and my heart sunk when I spot a gleam in her eyes, telling me that she was affected by that incident.

 

Well, at least it means that she cares about me, otherwise she wouldn't react this way right?

 

I shook my head in a hurry, this is not what I should be thinking right now. I shouldn't be pleased that because of that, I figured out that she still has some feelings towards me and has no one in her life yet.

 

"I didn't even enjoy it.”

 

She glared at me hard for a moment before she gave a soft amused noise that was halfway towards being a disbelieving scoff. "Oh yeah, you didn't. I can see that.”

 

“We did have a thing but it was nothing serious! I really didn't want to kiss her”

 

“But you did.”

 

"It just that there was the weird texture thing in my mouth and I just-” When I recalled the moment, I stopped talking and my nose scrunched up considerably. 

 

"Seungwan drank it twice for Joohyun.” She said after noting my silence.

 

"I could have done the same! It's just I was not expecting the taste!”

 

I tried to convey all the sincerity that I can. I don't care if I looked desperate and for a moment I observed that Sooyoung tried to comprehend my despairing situation.

 

With a fugitive frown, she said.

 

"Whatever, we're not even together so I don't know what you're trying to do here.”

 

"Listen, I don't care about her. There is a reason why I still haven't met anyone in my life.”

 

I reached for her hand and luckily she did not push me away. As soon as our eyes met, I started to fidget silently. She was too pretty for my heart and that even if she was mad at me.

 

I tried to go for a gentle smile of infinite genuineness.

 

"I-I want to start something with you.”

 

She looked dubious but her expression relaxed a little bit. It was a good sign, right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter