Chapter 2

My Name is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We have finally arrived at the battlefield, and this fight was going to be fun. I let Sang-won lead me towards the two men in the center of the room. One was older, silver hair covered his head, and kind wrinkles hung under his eyes. The other was younger, maybe a couple of years older than me, he wasn't so bad himself. His black hair swept to the side, and he wore a dark gray suit, very crisped and neat. His eyes were sharp but playful, and his lips wore a crooked smile. Sang-won introduced the older man as He Ping, the CEO of HE Tech, and the younger man as He Jun Xiang, the son.

"Hello, It's very nice to meet you both. My name is Lee Sarang" I shook both of their hands.

"It's very nice to meet you as well, Ms. Sarang," said Jun Xiang. He took my right hand and held them to his lips before placing a kiss. He flashed a quicked wink at me.

I smiled, "Just Sarang is fine." I pulled my hand back from Jun Xiang, "Do you mind grabbing me a glass of champagne, I'm so parched." He smiled at me before turning around to wave a waiter over.

"Sarang, do you mind keeping Jun Xiang company while I talk business with Mr. He Ping in the private room," asked Sang-won. I nodded, smiling at him.

My mission is to distract Jun Xiang from the business meeting tonight and the company negotiations at the end of the week. Jun Xiang is known to want better benefits in any negotiation, even if it's unfair to the other party. Without Jun Xiang, Sang-won will have an easier time negotiating the business contract and set terms that will benefit our company. I usually don't bother with the business, but Sang-won personally asked for my help. He also offered me the Female Lead in the new drama he was going to be filming if he successfully closes the deal without Jun Xiang. 

Sang-won led He Ping outside of the ballroom and disappeared from my sight. Silently, I prayed that everything would go as planned. Jun Xiang walked back to me and handed me a glass. I thanked him and took a sip of the champagne.

"Where did my father and your brother go?" asked Jun Xiang, he was searching the room for them.

I turned his face towards me. "They're going around greeting everyone, but Jun Xiang, where are your manners? Are you going to let a beautiful lady like me stand here in this gorgeous dress all night, or are you going to ask me to dance?" I said, taking another sip and batted my eyelashes at him.

He chuckled, "Of course, Sarang, would you like to have this dance?" He put his hand out, waiting for my reply. I set my champagne glass down after taking one last sip and placed my hand in his.

I smiled at him, "I thought you would never ask." His eyes gleamed with happiness. He waved at the orchestra to start playing a song and led me to the middle of the dance floor. Everyone parted ways to make space for the two of us.

The music started, and Jun Xiang led my hand firmly to his shoulder before placing his other hand on my back. I looked up at his face, and he smiled down at me. Jun Xiang was handsome, high nose bridge, and sharp cheekbones. "I hope you won't find this too impolite, but I wanted to say that you are certainly the most beautiful woman in the room tonight. When you walked into the room, you already drew my attention, and I knew I wanted to get to know you". He twirled me around and pulled me back to him.

"Is that so? You are not so bad yourself. I am quite curio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter