Chapter 1

My Name is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here I am again, smiling at strangers and meeting people that had disingenuous eyes. The ballroom was huge with white marble covering the floor, the walls were gold arching into the center of the room, and in the center was an extravagant chandelier hanging from chains. Another lavish party filled with people from high society, looking to grab connections that would benefit their desires. There were countless people here and yet I couldn’t find a way to sneak out. Huang Jun Jie was at my side, as usual, introducing me to any ladies he found attractive. Jun Jie was a friend I earned from doing movies and he is the son of a well-known producer. His family is known for investing in movies and for creating some of the best films in the market. For a friend, Jun Jie was probably one of the worst but my life would be boring if I never got to witness the kind of trouble he makes. 

 I excused myself from the ladies and headed to grab another glass of champagne. Jun Jie was right behind my heels and grabbed my arm gently to make me face him. “What are you doing? Don’t you want to have some fun?” Jun Jie said mischievously.

“I do, but those kinds of girls don’t suit my taste, you know that. Besides, I’m so over this party and I’m exhausted from filming all day” I said in a whisper. I looked back up to see the ladies staring at us, I gave them a little smile, and they giggled shyly to each other.

“Yang, don’t be like this. If this event wasn’t important do you think I would have dragged you here? The He Family is hosting this party to celebrate the 30th anniversary of their tech company. Don’t you know that there are a lot of big shots here that you could network with"? I shook my head glaring at him.

“If you think I cared about that I would have started kissing their asses as soon as I got here. But I don’t need their connections and I’m tired of meeting people I have no interest in”, I said as I tug his arm off.

Jun Jie put his hands up in defeat, “Okay, okay. I got the message. But at least stay here for one thing.” He leaned closer and whispered, “I heard a juicy rumor from one of my friends that a beautiful Korean heiress will be joining this party tonight. Her name is Lee Sarang, and she’s also in the film industry, just like you. She just finished her second drama and it’s said to be the most popular drama this year. She'll be here with her brother Lee Sang-won and he will soon take over their company next year. Here’s the best part, their company is a top entertainment company based in Korea that is currently working to expand in China and they will be filming a new Chinese drama

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter