Let it Go!

Let it Go!

 

 

 

 

 

Here he was again. Detention. Seoho sighed tiredly. Why did he always end up like this? Dragging his feet, he followed Mr. Park along the empty hallways. It was so depressing when everyone had gone home and he was still stuck at school.

 

“What is this... the third time this month?” The vice-principal asked, looking over his shoulder.

“Yes, Mr. Park,” Seoho muttered defeated.

“And yet you never learn.”

“No, Mr. Park.” He sighed. That was painfully true.

 

Mr. Park suddenly stopped and turned around. “Well, if this moment to reflect is not going to be useful for you, I can at least make sure that it's useful for the school.” He opened the door to the auditorium and signaled Seoho to go inside.

 

 

 

By the time they reached the end of the stage, someone called: “Mr. Park!”

Both of them turned around to see Mrs. Jung, the History teacher, standing by the door.

“I've got another one for you,” she said, and held the door open to let a student walk in.

 

Seoho's heart did a quick extra beat when he saw who it was. A senior, named Kim Youngjo. He walked in slowly, almost lazily, wearing a ripped denim jacket and ripped black jeans, his brown hair a little messy, an earring hanging from his left ear.

 

“Do you know each other?“ The vice-principal asked once Youngjo had joined them on the stage. Seoho quickly shook his head. He didn't really know him, though he knew who he was, because everyone did. Kim Youngjo was one of the bad kids. The ones who spent the weekends partying and drinking alcohol, and spent most of their school days smoking behind the gym, or making out with girls. And Youngjo was the type who had a new girl on his arm every single week.

 

Youngjo looked bored while the vice principal introduced them, but still came along when Mr. Park brought them to a storage room in the back.

“Now you will use your time to do something useful for a change, and clean up this mess.” Mr. Park said sternly. “I will come back in two hours and I expect everything to be properly cleaned up. If not, you will have to return tomorrow to finish.”

 

With that he left them alone, and the atmosphere was awkward. Seoho wasn't sure what to say, or do, near this senior who was a little bit scary.

“We should probably get started.” Youngjo lazily removed his jacket. He was wearing a black tightly fit T-shirt underneath, and suddenly Seoho's white T-shirt felt way too big.

Too shy to talk, he just nodded, and started to wipe some empty shelves in silence while Youngjo moved some boxes around.

 

“Hey, aren't you on the soccer team?“ Youngjo asked out of the blue.

“Uh... Yes?“ Seoho was surprised that this senior even knew he existed, let alone a detail like that.

“I saw you playing the other day...” Youngjo smiled. “You are pretty good.”

“Thanks.” His cheeks warmed at the unexpected complement and he couldn't refrain from smiling.

“So... what's your sin?“

“Huh?“

“What are you here for?“ Youngjo asked while organizing some books from one of the boxes onto a shelf.

“Oh. That.” Seoho blushed more. “Disruption in class.”

For some reason that made Youngjo chuckle. “You seem like the type.” He smiled.

Although normally this would not be considered a compliment, the way Youngjo said it, made it seem like a good thing. Like Seoho was cool somehow. He felt a stronger blush coming on which would destroy the few cool points he had earned so he tried to distract himself by asking: “How about you?“

Youngjo smirked and answered: “Just... This and that...” making Seoho even more curious, but he didn't dare to ask for details.

 

After their interaction, the atmosphere was lighter, and Seoho was less nervous around this intimidating senior. Sure he was cool, and a little bit bad, but he was surprisingly nice to him. Helped him with the heavy boxes, made friendly jokes and patiently listened to Seoho talk about nothing and everything.

 

Suddenly, Seoho felt a wet stain on his back, only to turn around to see Youngjo pointing a water gun at him and laughing. Moments later, Seoho could get vengeance by blowing some glitter he found in Youngjo's face, which was soon retaliated with a smear of lipstick on his neck. This was fun. He had never expected a bad boy being so nice and so much fun to hang around with. So he was eagerly looking for his next prank when Youngjo said loudly:

“No Way!”

When Seoho looked back, he saw Youngjo standing in front of a giant box filled with clothes. Costumes, it seemed. Belonging to the theater group.

 

Youngjo bent down and picked up a long blue dress. “It's Elsa.” He said with a smile, and when Seoho looked at him confused he added: “From Frozen!”

“Oh?”

“It's big, I'm sure it will fit you, let's try!”

“I donno...” Seoho wasn't really sure about this.

“Common it will be fun!” Youngjo stated with a big smile, and zipped down the dress.

Although Seoho had his doubts about this, everything they had done so far had been fun, so he might as well try. So he lifted up his hands, and allowed Youngjo to help him put the dress on over his real clothes.

 

His senior was right, it did fit, mostly. They couldn't completely zip it up in the back, but that didn't matter. And he was right about the other thing also. This was fun. Ridiculously silly, to be standing in the school's storage room, wearing a long blue dress, pretending to be a cartoon character.

“Wait, there is a wig too.” Youngjo added, and made Seoho stand absolutely still while he adjusted the wig, fixing the white strands of hair to make it look perfect.

Afterwards he stared at him carefully, like he was evaluating him, which was strangely nerve wracking.

“Something is missing...” Youngjo muttered to himself, and then his big brown eyes opened up and he smiled broadly. “Wait.” He said quickly and soon came back with the pink lipstick he had found earlier. “Stay still.” He ordered, and then gently supported Seoho's chin with one hand while putting on lipstick with the other.

 

Seoho wasn't sure how to feel about this. Nobody had ever put lipstick on him before, and Youngjo was surprisingly gentle, and close. So close that Seoho could feel his warm breath on his lips. He definitely had no idea how to feel about that, so he just stayed still with his lips slightly parted. Ignoring the tingles that the lipstick against his lips created.

 

Afterwards, Youngjo smacked his lips, indicating that Seoho to do the same so he copied him and then smiled.

“Wow, you're pretty.” Youngjo said gently.

Slightly giggling, Seoho wasn't sure if this was a compliment or a joke.

“No I mean it. Super pretty.” Youngjo repeated, and Seoho's heart did a weird extra beat.

 

Going back to the big box, Youngjo dug up a big golden crown and a red cape. He put them on and said: “See, I'm a prince now!” he joked and Seho giggled. Youngjo took his hand and kissed it. “Will you marry me, dear princess?“

Seoho made his voice high and girly and answered as a joke: “Of course my great prince.”

Youngjo celebrated their fake marriage by grabbing Seoho's hands and turning him around in circles, making him laugh. This was so silly. Eventually Youngjo stopped spinning them around and Seoho's laughter subsided, but he couldn't stop smiling. Who could have believed silly roleplaying could be so much fun.

 

Gently, Youngjo fixed his wig again, muttering under his breath, “So pretty.” and he placed his hands on Seoho's waist. He must really like this Elsa character. His gaze lingered on Seoho's lips for a moment, making him wonder whether his lipstick had gotten smeared during the spinning. But then Youngjo looked up and smiled.

“Let's make it official.” He was looking at Seoho now, and his eyes were so big. Seoho sort of wished he had eyes like that. “Say 'I do'.”

“Uh. I do?“ Seoho repeated though he wasn't completely sure why.

“I do too.” Youngjo repeated, and moved a little closer, muttering so quietly that it was barely more than a whisper: “I may now kiss the bride.”

Before Seoho had the chance to realize what he was saying, Youngjo's lips were suddenly touching his, gently, only for a brief moment before he backed away.

Seoho's face felt like it was on fire, and his heart was behaving erratically, beating in all directions at once, jumping around in his chest.

 

Because the thing was, that although this was just meant as a silly roleplaying for laughs, Seoho had never exactly been kissed before. And he never expected his first kiss to be with a bad boy. Or any type of boy for that matter.

 

So it made him feel weird. On the inside and on the outside. So he was just glad it was over so he could stop feeling so many weird things.

 

Except that it wasn't over, because Youngjo breathed out: “So damn pretty,” and then he kissed him again.

 

It started with a simple kiss like before, and Youngjo's lips were so gentle. How could they be so gentle? Seoho never imagined kissing a bad boy would feel like this. But then again, he had never really thought about how it would feel to kiss a bad boy. Or any boy.

 

This time, Youngjo's lips were a little parted, which somehow, automatically made Seoho part his own. Pushing him against the storage room wall, Youngjo took advantage of that, turning the kiss deeper, wetter. Seoho's head felt dizzy, and he was grateful for the support of the wall behind him because his knees were wobbly, and his entire body felt weak. Youngjo started to use his tongue to , and then Seoho couldn't think at all anymore, only feel. And he felt everything at once, the strength of the hands on his waist, the warmth of the body pressing up to him, the clean musky smell of him, and the soft lips against his own. Spreading tingles down his body, in his soul, tingles everywhere, even in his heart.

 

So he wasn't ready when the kissing stopped and Youngjo moved back, smiling at him softly.

Seoho felt weak in his knees, weak everywhere, but strangely happy at the same time.

 

Until he realized that he had wrapped his hands around Youngjo's neck without even realizing it. Clumsily he pulled them back, forcing them to hang awkwardly by his sides.

Youngjo gently touched Seoho's lower lip with his thumb. Probably it was only to wipe away the smeared lipstick, but still it made his heart behave erratically again.

 

Gently, Youngjo Seoho's cheek, but then moved back and pulled off the blonde wig. While slightly fixing Seoho's real hair he muttered:

“We should probably continue if we don't want to end up back again here tomorrow.”

“Oh... yes...” Seoho answered awkwardly and with Youngjo's help got out of the dress, and back to being a boy.

 

But as they continued to organize stuff into shelves, Seoho couldn't help thinking. That for the first time in his life, he wouldn't really mind so much, getting extra detention.