Chapter 2

I, The Bestfriend

Two days later.

 

At the school, Jiyong had discussed an important matter to all of his officers in charge for the maintenance of the school's order. Most especially that the teachers treating them to a trip if they maintained the order until the school year and that is one month from now. He addressed Ella to give him the reports about the funding needed in the laboratories on chemistry and Physics.

 

"I made a rough estimation of everything for the chemistry lab but I find it hard to evaluate Physics lab. Can you help me later?"

 

Jiyong just ignored the teasing among the officers while Ella had the hard time hiding her smile in front of him.

 

"Sure. Joe and Kira will come to us. I have something to hand you over after the evaluation." Jiyong just said.

 

At three in the afternoon, Bom half run and half walking while following Dara who cried while walking in the silent hallway at the back of the classrooms where no student was ever fond of going in there.

 

"Dee, wait!" Bom called out and immediately stopped when Dara stopped and crouched down while continued crying loudly now. She also had to crouch down and see her face. "Now, now...it's okay Dee." but Dara just sobbed instead.

 

Bom heaved a deep sigh while tapping her friend's back. Her attention then went to her friend when she saw a group of student were coming their way. She was about to pull Dara out the way, but when she squinted her eyes to have a better look through her eye glass, she felt relieved.

 

"Bom?What are you two doing here?" Jiyong asked while his eyes drifted to Dara who crouched down the floor, bowing. "What happened? Is she crying?" he asked and hastily sauntered towards her after handing the track sheet to Ella while the other officers looked to the two student.

 

Dara continued to cry ignoring the student while she hid her face from them/. Jiyong then turned to his officers and instructed them to submit the track sheet to the school custodian.

 

Ella throw them a last glance before going together with Joe and Kira.

 

"Tell me what's wrong?" Jiyong asked Dara but she swatted his hands off her shoulders instead and continued crying, mumbling incoherent words they can't hear.

 

Jiyong turned his attention to Bom who fidgeted instead.

 

"Uhm..."Bom started, "well, in our calculus-,"

 

"don't tell him anything! He's a jerk!" Dara suddenly bolted up her head to them. Her face reddened with much crying while her tears still flowing freely her cheeks.

 

Instead of being fazed, Jiyong faced her again and placed his hands on her shoulder.

 

"Tell me what wrong, Dee. Hmm?" he cooed her even when she tried to swat his hands away again.

 

They both struggled to do what they want and Jiyong won because he's too strong for her. She suited to hit him in the chest instead but he bare it.

 

"I told you! I at maths but you lock your door! You jerk!" She whined while another fresh tears run her cheeks.

 

Jiyong looked at her in understanding, "Did you do bad at maths again?" he asked.

 

"I scored zero on assignments you dumb !" she shouted at him.

 

He heaved a deep sigh, "Now I'm dumb here? Who scored zero on assignment?" that only made Dara angrily as she punched his chest in successive order that he fell down his but he caught her hands making them both on the floor.

 

"I didn't even lock my door, you idiot." he said.

 

"But you said!" Dara exclaimed.

 

"It's you who didn't come over." He said that she pouted.

 

"Well I'm sorry I was only giving you some space for your little girlfriend to have sleep over in your house." Dara said grudgingly while reaching for Bom's hand to stand up. She still wiping her tears away when she began to walk pass him but he got by arm.

 

"Where are you going?" he asked.

 

"CR."she said while Bom joined her.

 

Jiyong was left in the hallway while ushering them with his eyes.

 

***

 

Jiyong pulled over his car and went inside Dara's house without even knocking since he was issued his own key to the house. When he got inside, Jay was in the living as well as his wife.

 

"Omma, appa." he acknowledge them.

 

"Jiyo. Nice to see you." Rona happily stood up. "Have you had dinner?"

 

"Neh. I grabbed a bite along my way here. Is Dee upstairs?" he asked.

 

Jay turned to them,"She has been mopping around since two days ago. You go and talk to her."

 

Jiyong just nodded and went to the stair before he turned to them again, "I'm sleeping over, omma, appa." Rona and Jay just nodded.

 

Getting on her room, he found her engrossed so much on her study table while mumbling to her self. She then scribbled on her notes and input the values on the calculator after the manner of the formulas. When she hit the answer button, she got error. She then grunted and placed the calculator back the desk before she had the urge to throw it away outside her window.

 

"You missed the a and b variables." he spoke suddenly which made her jumped off her seat. She then turned to her back only to find him hovering over her notes.

 

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

 

"Helping you out," he said while placing his bag pack to the side of the bed.

 

"what happened to me growing up and you locking the door?" she asked while staring at him in a glare. "Go back to your little Ella and play sleep over,"

 

Jiyong just laughed at her mad streaks before he reached for her and slammed her down the bed.

 

"Yah!" Dara protested but Jiyong already hovered over her and began tickling her on her ticklish parts.

 

"Yah! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Stop! Stop!" she hit him on his shoulders but it came out so weak since he wasn't sparing her any second to get a head up on their situation as he unceasingly tickled her that she felt her tears coming up for to much laughing.

 

"Jiyo! MY STOMACH! OMO! AHAHAHAHA!ANDWE!" Dara pleaded while Jiyong finally let her breath for a moment while he stayed hovering over her.

 

"You can't be mad at me, Dee. You aren't allowed." he said.

 

"I'm still mad--Yah!" Dara laughed again when she got tickled again.

 

"You mad still?" he said while tickling her while she violently shook her head while laughing in closed eyes.

 

"Jiyo! Stop! Please!" Dara pleaded again."Not mad!"

 

Jiyong then stopped and grinned boyishly at her while she was in a fit of giggles while she reached to pinch his cheeks.

 

A while later, both had lied down on her bed side by side while they both played on their phones, killing zombies.

 

"Oh back! Back up!" Dara frantically gunning down zombies while Jiyong immediately had her back in the game.

 

"Yas!" both exclaimed when they increased in ranks while earning more high powered weapons, ammo, grenades medical kit.

 

"Jiyo, I want this." she tapped on his phone the items she wanted from their kills.

 

They didn't notice Rona coming in with a tray of snacks.

 

"Breaktime." she called out and both of them finished dividing their items before they bolted up from the bed. "I thought you two were studying?"

 

"Finish!" Dara chirped while grabbing her milk and apple pie that her mom baked just this morning.

"Done already?" Rona asked while Jiyong got his own share of the pie.

 

"Jiyo's here." Dara just plainly said.

 

"So no lock down on your room anymore?" she asked Jiyong while he grinned.

 

"Has been retracted just now." he said.

 

"Wait until you have girlfriend and you'd find Dara barging your room, annoying." Rona said while walking towards the room.

 

"Omma, he's been rejected." Dara said, laughing while Jiyong just scoffed.

 

Later at midnight, Rona passed over Dara's room and noticed the door was not closed so she went there to close it. Her eyes saw her daughter's sleeping position, lying on her stomach, as if occupying the whole bed by herself while Jiyong, lying on his back not noticing her other leg on his stomach and her arm to his face. She chuckled at that and closed the door.

 

In the morning, Dara woke up from her alarm clock and groaned in response.

 

"Jiyo..."she called out in grouchy voice intending to wake him up so that he can prepare for school at his place. "Jiyo...school..." she called out again but Jiyong just turned to his left side, his back facing her.

 

Dara clicked her tongue and slightly kicked him, "yah, school." she said on closed eyes. "Yah, Jiyo, I swear."

 

Jiyong just grunted and grabbed her pillow instead and cover his ears. "Saturday. Let me sleep more." he said.

 

Tired to even analyze everything, Dara gave him a weak kick before she turned her back to him too.

 

"Jerk," she said.

 

"Dumb ," he shot back.

 

And both of them goes back to sleep again.

 

It was past 10 am when both of them had climbed down the stairs with disheveled hairs and sleepy eyes.

 

Rona and Jay looked at them while they both joined them in the table.

 

"Where's the war at?" Jay asked when they didn't even bothered in being presentable in the morning.

 

"That's what you get when you play games too much," Rona shook her head.

 

"We were ranking up, omma. You can't relate." Dara answered while putting milk on her bowl of cereal while Jiyong just put syrup on his pancake.

 

"Oh my by way, Jiyo, your mom called, someone will pay you visit later in the afternoon. She said its the school officers? And yeah someone name Ella said that she's had something to say to you."

 

Dara's attention then went to Jiyo who just nodded to her mom.

 

"maybe the room lockdown isn't far to happen, eh?" Dara teased.

 

Jiyong just shrugged off,"Fine by me. I'm already good in math."

 

Dara kicked his foot underneath before she scoffed. "I'll asked Clint to tutor me when your room initiated the lockdown."

 

"What? You gotta barged on his room too," Jiyong asked.

 

Dara massaged her chin, "that's very tempting." she grin but Rona held her ladle and flex it to Dara's head.

 

"Ah omma! What was that for?!"

 

"Have decency woman." Rona said seriously.

 

"Do you wanna see me use the gun in my room, sweety? I'll be glad to have that Clint as my target," Jay added in warning tone.

 

"It didn't happen just yet!" Dara protested.

 

"Yet? So you do have plan to execute it, huh?" Rona actually hit her in the head.

 

"Ah yah, omma!" she massaged her head. "If you're really strict, how come Jiyo is still alive? You should have shoot him long ago, appa."

 

"Wae? Why should I?" Jay asked.

 

"We slept together in one bed!" Dara pointed out.

 

Rona and Jay shook their head while ignoring her outburst.

 

"Yah. Yah. Yah. Chincha. What if he'll me?" Dara asked hypothetically.

 

"Ew." he said in monotone voice while he sipped on his milk.

 

"Please pretend she didn't just said that, Jiyo. Aigoo." Rona said.

 

"You'll be lucky to have his baby, sweety. If he even considering that." Jay shook his head.

 

"Whoah. Am I really your daughter? This monster right here? I'll be lucky?" Dara slapped his shoulder. "his wife will lose her head if she marry this jerk."

 

"I think I'll do just fine," Jiyong muttered like Rona and Jay agreed.

 

Dara just let another kick to his foot again not really agreeing to him.