Five

Good Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was roughly two hours before they found a perfect place to stay. The couple were both exhausted and doesn't mind unpacking anymore as they plan to leave the country by tomorrow morning.

 

"What would have happened if we did not leave?" A soft voice came out Yoona's mouth as she sighs in the process while sitting across the younger girl. They're both having breakfast in silence.

 

"I don't know." Seohyun replied vaguely while playing with her pasta with her fork. She had been spacing out, still couldn't get her mind out of what happened earlier that really terrified her. Even though they never seen her father, her mind tells her Yoona will go with her father. It's really scary to imagine it. "But maybe I'm alone again." She looked at the deer and the latter did the same.

 

"That's what I'm thinking too. But I'm here." The doe-eyed smiled.

 

"What if it's not the case?"

 

Yoona shakes her head. "Appa, he's more than aggressive than Omma. I think he will force me to go with him." She casually reached for her girlfriend's hand and give her a comforting rub with her thumb. "You alright now?" She senses it since their ride. She wasn't that lively at all even though they have successfully escaped. She's worried for her.

 

"Yes. Just exhausted." Seohyun smiled a little. She returned to her meal as she slowly let go from her girlfriend's grasp.

 

'Something's bothering her and I'm pretty sure it's about me.' Yoona thought as she stole glances to Seohyun while finishing her pasta as well. She suddenly pauses when she heard her phone beep and she casually check it and eyes slightly widened.

 

Dad: You can't run away forever with a daughter's murderer.

 

And a screenshot photo of a news article about Seohyun's father being detained was also attached. She glanced to Seohyun but she wasn't paying attention so she hastily got up and headed inside their bedroom to call her father. "I know you don't like Seohyun for me but please don't create any fake news just for me to reconsider her. I don't even care-"

 

[The news article is true. I think Seohyun know about that. That happened a week ago. Her father murdered his wife's boyfriend. So if you don't want to be involved with a messy family, break up with her. Come home with us.]

 

Yoona hastily ended the call and got frustrated that she throws her phone on the bed. She however doesn't want to leave the room right away that she keeps her time to calm down. After a while, she took a seat at the edge of the bed and think over of what she learned.

 

But it only made her feel worse because if she loves her dearly, she won't reconsider her, she won't be worried of what will people say and she won't be just sitting in the first place and instead go out to stay by her side. Seohyun may have a messy family but it doesn't change the fact that she's Seohyun, the person she loves and she should also accept everything about her including her family. It shouldn't be the reason why she should give up on her. Instead, it's the reason for her to protect her always and keep her love stronger.

 

Taking a deep breath and relaxes slowly, she headed outside and find her girlfriend is already on the sofa, watching a baseball match. She took the empty spot next to her and pulled her into her arms. "Love you. Love you. Love you." she told her a few times as she kiss her forehead as well.

 

"What's up?" Seohyun looked at her in confusion.

 

Yoona fixes her hair gently and cupped her cheeks. "You're just too precious for me. I hope you don't mind me telling you that every day." She gives her cheeks a pinched and the latter giggles.

 

"Weird." Seohyun wrap her arms around her waist as she rested her head on her shoulder. "Sing for me." She randomly requested.

 

Yoona put her hand on her forehead. "You're not sick, right?"

 

"Come on, just sing for me. You use to do that." Pouting, Seohyun look at her cutely.

 

"Fine." Poking her nose, Yoona then pause as she thinks of a song. She remembers singing a children song for her when she's stress. She cleared and then open to sing. "Old McDonalds-"

 

"Yah!" Seohyun just automatically hit her shoulder and send glare towards her.

 

"You want me to sing right?" Yoona chuckled in disbelief.

 

"We're not in college anymore. Sing me a song you like right now."

 

"Old McDonalds."

 

"Aish, just forget it." Seohyun brushed her off and just return leaning on her girlfriend's shoulder while arms are around her waist.

 

Yoona got quiet. But not because she doesn't want to sing for her anymore. She's thinking of a song that will cheer her girlfriend up. "You don't know, babe... When you hold me... And kiss me slowly is the sweetest thing." She just started without warning, earning a surprise look from the younger girl. She smiled sweetly and continued, "And it doesn’t change If I had it my way You would know that you are." her voice is soft and sweet.

 

Seohyun's lips curved into a big and sweet smile as she returns to her shoulder while she's holding her right hand, listening to her girlfriend's singing voice that's making her melt.

 

"You're the coffee that I need in the morning
You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring
Won't you give yourself to me
Give it all, oh... I just wanna see
I just wanna see how beautiful you are."

 

Yoona hasn't even finished the song when she started hearing soft snores from the younger one. She smiled in satisfaction and tried to see her face but she just decided to carry her into a bridal style and brought her to the bedroom. She tucks her under the covers and joined her later. "Sweet dreams, my precious." she whispers as she joined her to her dreamland. She's making sure she's holding her in her arms, so the next morning, she will see her face first when she wakes up.

 

 

***

 

 

It took some time before Yoona realize she's alone on the bed. She quickly got up and check if the luggage in the corner of the room just to sigh in relief after finding two luggage still. "Where is she?" But she still has curiosity why she's not around. She got out of the bed and casually walked out. She could hear the sound of the sea from the distance, too loud that it's relaxing to her ears. She went to their veranda and found her girlfriend is apparently playing with the kids.

 

"Look what she's busy in an early morning." A sweet smile appeared in her face as she decided to join her with the kids. She wanted to call her but she suddenly stopped her plan when she realized how happy and beautiful Seohyun looked like, playing with the kids. Her heart is fluttering as she smiles giddily.

 

She remembers the first time she set eyes on her. She was busy talking with her friends but her world suddenly stopped when her eyes was caught by a girl walking past at their table. She was like being caught by the cupid that all she can see is her, the world slowed down and her lips are parted, couldn't take her eyes off of her. It was the first time she has seen an angel like her. She knows that time she was love at first sight.

 

Yoona just couldn't imagine her life without Seohyun anymore. She may have the break up that time but now that she has matured, it will be hard to survive if they separated.

 

'I will do everything to protect you, my love.' She thought before she finally approached her.

 

"You up so early." Seohyun greeted her with a bright smile after waving goodbye to the kids.

 

"Should I tell you the same?" Yoona chuckled sarcastically but she brought her girlfriend into her arms again. "Good morning my love." Whispered her as she kissed her cheek. "How was your sleep?"

 

Seohyun hugs her girlfriend back like it's the first time. She felt always so loved and secure in her arms. "Good. I had a good dream to be honest." she softly told her.

 

"What is it?"

 

"No." She shakes her head, declining to share her dream. "It's not meant to share. How about you? Did you have a good sleep? You were snuggling with me."

 

Yoona giggles. "I did?"

 

"You always do. Wait, I slept on your shoulder last night, did I?" Seohyun remembers listening to her girlfriend's voice but doesn't have any recall after that.

 

"You did. You did not even let me continue my song. But it's okay, you deserve to rest after what we have gone through. I love like this. Hugging you until the sun sets?" Yoona playfully ended her words earning a chuckle from the younger. She squeeze her and finally pulled back to kiss her lips. "I love you."

 

"I love you too." Seohyun giggles. She's getting used to the doe-eyed telling those words which always gives her assurance.

 

"Come on, let's have the best breakfast today because it's our last day in this place." taking her girlfriend's hand, Yoona and her walk casually hand in hand. Both loved the walk with their bare fee on the fine sand and the sun that shines gracing their skin. The resort is just the same as the previous but they have swimming pools which is better for guests that prefers it than salt water.

 

-

 

"Booked it. Tonight, at nine, we'll head to the airport." Yoona announced after she successfully bought two plane tickets. "It's just an economy seat since all seats are nearly booked." She pauses however when she noticed her girlfriend is not paying attention. She was too focus on her phone. "Wae?" She called out softly but she won't budge. "Wha-what's wrong?" She suddenly is in panic when she saw her tears dropping. She hurriedly moved her seat and check what is she reading but only to feel sorry for her. "You-you know... about this... don't you?" And she wanted to confirm if her father was right.

 

Seohyun looked at her girlfriend and shake her head. "Ever since the divorce, I shut down every connection I have with them. It looked like... it got worse." she wipes her own tears away as she looked down again to her phone where she can read the article about her father. It hurts to learn but at the same time she's worried for her father. "I feel so bad." But she blames herself. "If only I stay with my father. I think he won't do something like this."

 

"No, no, that's not it." Yoona tried to comfort her girlfriend. She helped her wiping her tears away. "Your father made a horrible decision and that's not something to do with you. It was all because of his love for your mother he did it. Don't blame yourself, okay?"

 

"No, I think he feels so lonely." Seohyun could imagine her father's depression. "He begs for me to stay by his side before I moved out... but I didn't listen to him. I was only thinking of myself."

 

"Seohyun, everyone is hurting. And your decision was normal. It only depends on us on how to handle this. It's just unfortunate your father wasn't strong enough. He was too depressed and it led to this. All we have to do now is to hope the law will not give him a hard punishment. Because I think he deserves the second chance too to change his life. Like you, you deserve better than all of these pains. Chin up, okay?"

 

"Aren't you afraid?" Seohyun suddenly thought of her girlfriend. "People will judge you from dating whose father is a murderer." she sniffles as she controls her emotions.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "I won't. I know who you are and people shouldn't base on your background. What's important is your good heart." she smiled warmly as she keeps wiping the tears from her girlfriend's cheeks. She couldn't take it as it hurt her as well.

 

"This society is harsh, Yoona. No wonder your parents as well doesn't like me." Seohyun doesn't even know if she can able to go back home anymore. People would definitely look at her when she returns, especially in their neighborhood.

 

Yoona couldn't defend her parents as she agrees to it with an instant. "But not all will do that. I believe there are more people who is with you right now." But she remained positive doesn't want to let her down. "And me, I'm your biggest supporter, Joohyun. And I will always do whatever is ahead of us. We just have to stay strong every day. Hmm?" She holds both of her hands and rub them gently with her thumbs. Seohyun who couldn't look at her straight is hanging her head low. "Chin up, beautiful."

 

Seohyun shake her head as she sniffles while crying silently.

 

"Aigoo." Yoona sighs as she moved closer in attempt to hug her but the latter moved away.

 

"No, I'm fine." Seohyun declined. "Just-just give me some time first." She gets up and did not say anything as she leaves the restaurant.

 

Yoona heavily exhale as she looked at their untouched breakfast. "Aish!" It frustrates that she couldn't help her with what she's feeling right now. However, there's no reason for her not to follow her. She hastily got up, took her phone and her girlfriend's before she went outside in hope, she can still see her. Thank God and she hasn't leave that far yet. She followed her closely again just like previously. But this time, she's being careful and check the surroundings from time to time to make sure no one recognizes her.

 

A couple of hours later, Seohyun leads her to the dock while the sun is setting. She sat down at the edge and watches the sun set peacefully in silence. Unlike earlier, she couldn't hear sniffles from her anymore. She looks like she has calm down already after the hours of walking around the resort. Even though she has spotted her, she never runaway and just allow her to follow her until they end up in a dock.

 

Feeling like it's safe to approach her, Yoona took her seat but remains distance from her girlfriend. She has a thousand of words to say to her in comfort for the latter but she keeps them inside as she wait for her to be the one to break the silence.

 

"You're stubborn." Was the first words Seohyun utters after long hours. She never looked at her girlfriend nor face her. Her eyes are on the beautiful scenery before them. To be honest, she's exhausted after all the walk but it fades away when she realizes she has someone watching her close. "But thanks." She softly says as a little smile appeared in her face.

 

"I told you, I won't leave your side. I can give you that space but I will still be here." Yoona replied softly as she glances to the younger girl. "You feeling good now?"

 

"Quiet." Seohyun lowly replied. "It's still so hard to believe this is happening though. And I don't even understand."

 

"You know I don't know if you will believe in this but I read somewhere that everything that's happening in our lives are part of the test. A test to see how far can you go in order to survive." Yoona said, hoping her words will make her girlfriend understand.

 

"This sure the hardest test." Seohyun heaved a sigh. "And I don't know how to survive."

 

"It's just easy, keep moving forward." Advised Yoona, looking back at her girlfriend. "We can't do anything about it anymore but to accept and move on. Come on, life doesn't stop her. You still have a lot of future. I can even see a bright future for your modeling career."

 

"It sounds so beautiful." A smile finally appeared in Seohyun's face as she imagined herself with how her girlfriend is dreamy about it. "But-"

 

"Believe me, whatever will be the result for this, this is for something better in the future."

 

Seohyun looked at Yoona in disbelief. "How are you so sure about that? Didn't you check how many comments about me being the daughter of the murderer online? I'm even trending number one right now because of this. It's totally not gonna happen. People demanding me to fire from the agency I am working at. Not only that, they want me out of the University I am studying. It's really frustrating and saddening."

 

Yoona was silence as she also finally realized why the younger girl was too ashamed of her family and herself. "Mianhe." She whispers in apologies for being too noisy and insensitive. But being optimistic is what she can do to help her at the moment. She feels like she's pathetic but felt helpless again as she looked at her girlfriend, back to her depress mood. 'What are you going to do, Im Yoona?'

 

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter