One

Good Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a long plane ride and checking out her stuffs, Seohyun drives herself through a rented car she booked online heading to the resort. She's wearing sunglasses, long white sleeveless dress and pair of white sneakers while she enjoys the wind that's kissing her face and long arms. A hip-hop song is apparently playing loud while she moves her head to the beat of it. It's unlikely two weeks ago, as she barely moves from her bed after her parents divorced and ask her to choose where to go with but she chooses to live on her own. Not only did her parents give her a rough week but also her younger brother who committed suicide due to failing grades. She even thought of just following him but thankfully a friend helped her get through with it. Now she wants to forget and heal. She chooses Bali this time since she hasn't been in the place. Despite the winter season back home, it's all summer like in Bali and she loves it.

 

Having an international driver's license benefits her the most. She can go wherever she goes without minding of getting caught on traffic violations or paying for a taxi cab. Plus, She's always good with direction since she's a tourism student.

 

Took only 30 minutes and she arrived at the resort. Three staffs immediately welcomed her and help her with her luggage as she walks into their resort with all smiles on her face. Locals can't help and look at her as she walks gracefully to their eyes. She's not a model for nothing. But the moment she arrived on her room, she's like a kid as she hastily rushed to the balcony and took her phone out to start taking photos of the ocean before her eyes. She took a lot of cute selfies, serious and more wacky poses. Then she sends all of them to her friend, Hyomin.

 

She got startle when her phone rings after she send it to her friend. But it was her, it's her mother. She declined it as she walks back inside and jumped to her bed with a little bounce. Her lips curved into a wide smile as her eyes are on the ceiling. She felt excited inside to do something later but is also impatient because she had to wait for a staff to officially hand her the schedules of activities she has to do.

 

She closes her eyes and imagine herself, already on the sea, enjoying swimming, snorkeling, ride the jet-ski and

 

Once again, her phone rings that annoys her but she still took it and check the caller ID. Thank God, it's her friend. "Yah, Hyomin-ssi." She brightly responded. "Did you-"

 

[Are you stupid? Flooding me with all that idiotic poses? Yah! You're killing me wherever you are right now.]

 

"That's what I told you last week but you did not even respond to my calls. You should regret." She blames her as she chuckles.

 

[Whatever. But glad to see you're having fun there.]

 

"Yeah, I need this. But I just arrived though. I haven't even started. I just want to tell you I'm doing fine and that no worries because I can take care of myself."

 

[I know. Enjoy the vacay. I want to see you smiling once again when you return, araso?]

 

"Yes. Thanks for everything, Hyomin-ah. I really owe you-"

 

[Don't mention it. Aish. I have to hang up now. Don't call me anymore or if you need help, you can call me whenever you want. Bye.]

 

Seohyun was left agape after it just hang up like that. She however doesn't mind and just toss her phone on her night stand, getting off of the bed as she heads to the door to open it upon hearing a doorbell. A resort staff together with a chef walks into her room to give her lunch.

 

"Activities will start after lunch time. Just approach our team outside. They'll assist you with the activities." The female staff told her handing the paper that contains the schedule. She bowed as she thanked her to receive it before letting them leave the room.

 

"Let's go." After checking it, she started eating her lunch. She will have diving and parasailing later that she needs to eat a lot. To have more strength for the rest of the day.

 

 

***

 

 

"Woooohoooo! I'm on top of the world." As if the people from the ground will going to hear her, she keeps screaming on top of her lungs while she's being drag by the speedboat through the rope and she's floating with the use of the parachute, which they called parasailing. The wind is cold yet so strong and relaxing. Her entire body just love the rush of the wind. She's like an angel but without wings.

 

She was there for the entire 30 minutes only but it was all worth the experience. And she never missed to record everything. She needs it to re-watch and reminisce the memories.

 

Diving however was worth the money. It was two hours straight of adventure under the ocean with different kinds of sea species can be found around her. She loves every second of it. Especially when she gets to interact with dolphins that was swimming around her. She feels like she returns as a kid.

 

While she's previewing all the photos and videos on her video cam, she unconsciously tilted her head to the right and spotted a familiar figure, apparently walking casually with her bare feet. She looks like she's enjoying her walk alone with the fine sand on her feet. Her eyes are in disbelief as she also stopped from breathing for a couple of seconds.

 

'What is she doing here?' She unconsciously got curious what comes in her mind that she's in the same place as her. Also, is she alone? Just like her?

 

She shakes her head and rubs her eyes a few times to make sure she's really seeing her--her ex-girlfriend she hasn't met for a year?

 

But still, she can see her, looking still pretty and handsome at the same time. And then, she noticed how her heart is beating like it hasn't beating fast.

 

The past, it's like it's just ridiculously yesterday that she unconsciously recalls the good times they have each other. If only they weren't immature and knows how to handle a relationship, they have lasted more years. Too bad they were young college couple and was inexperienced. They are this couple that always nag on each other, a lot of jealousy when they were with someone else and just a small thing they will fight. It was still a good 2 years though. Seohyun knew herself it was true love.

 

'Babo, why am I feeling like this? We are done and we even ended it with a good note. Aish, babo.' She slapped her forehead and decided to resume on where she has left.

 

"Seohyun?" However, her heart jumped in surprised when she heard her voice. She looked up and quickly she gets up and tried to escape but the deer got her hand, stopping. "It's been a while."

 

Seohyun quickly yank her hand away and she smile shamelessly. "Yeah, it's it's been a y-year." She couldn't look at her straight.

 

Yoona sweetly smiled. "It is. How are you?"

 

"I'm good." Seohyun replied as she slowly calms down. It's unbelievable. It's been a year yet the doe-eyed still has effect on her. And she's now stealing glances with her as they stood side by side, facing the ocean before their eyes.

 

"Yoongie-ah!!!"

 

Yoona wasn't able to reply when they both heard a call from nearby. They both turn and there was the blonde lady, waving her arms while running towards them.

 

Seohyun who stood in confusion felt strange and insecure at the same time. Because she looks like she's close with Yoona. She however remained on her spot until she reached them. She was taken aback when the blonde throws her arms around her ex and she kissed her on the lips.

 

'She's... Dating.' It suddenly hurts her that she hastily looked away. She held her chest and give it a few punches. 'Stop it. Stop it.' She scolds herself a few times while closing her eyes tight.

 

"Seohyun." Yoona called out the younger girl's attention as she slowly let go of the blonde.

 

Turning her body around to them, Seohyun put on fake smile. "Yeah?"

 

"I want you to meet, Jessica. Um, she's-"

 

"Her girlfriend." Jessica cut the deer's words and she introduced herself as she held out her hand. "You're?"

 

"Seohyun." Seohyun took her hand and shake them gently. "It's nice to meet you." She slowly let go of her. "I'm Yoona's friend." And she added, glancing to the doe-eyed who smiled a little towards her.

 

"Oh, Yoona haven't mentioned your name to me. Am I right, babe?" Jessica turned to her girlfriend and smile sweetly.

 

"Y-yes. Um, Seohyun here. She's honestly a college f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter