Two

Good Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Wait, just realize, you didn't return to our room last night. Where did you stay?" Jessica couldn't miss it and she ask her girlfriend while they're still in the lift. She fell asleep last night first but when she woke up, her girlfriend is no longer next to her.

 

"Saw a friend." Yoona mentioned without hesitations.

 

"Seohyun?"

 

She nodded. "She was pretty drunk. I couldn't leave her side. So, I brought her to her room. I couldn't also leave her that instant but I end up falling asleep next to her. I'm sorry if I didn't-"

 

"No, it's fine." Jessica smiled as she understood. "I would do the same if I saw a friend like that. But is she alright? Why did she drink?"

 

Yoona shakes her head. "I have no idea. Maybe just got too much of alcohol." She chuckled softly.

 

"What about a friend or someone with her? Was there any?" Jessica raises her eyebrows.

 

"Nope. She's alone." Yoona instantly replied. "I guess she's here to unwind though. You know, just like us." She giggles, reminding her girlfriend the reason they escape the city.

 

Jessica pinches her girlfriend's cheeks. "It's more because of you. You want to celebrate Valentine's here next week." She knows it well even though her girlfriend has different reasons.

 

"Oh come on, it's not because of that. I've been working hard you know that."

 

"Aren't you going to celebrate it next week?"

 

"No need to question that." Yoona rolled her eyes in annoyance. "We're celebrating it whatever you like it." She pulled her for a brief kiss on her lips and they both giggle.

 

"I can't wait." Jessica's arms encircled around Yoona as she rested her head on her shoulder. Even though they're still six months into the relationship, she feels like they're dating for years already. "I love you." She sweetly whisper.

 

"I love you too, Jess." Yoona replied, kissing her forehead.

 

*ding*

 

They both let go of each other and walk out casually as they head to the restaurant where Jessica's father is waiting. They greeted him brightly and have breakfast with a good conversation. Yoona keeps striking a joke that would cause them to laugh. But everything stopped when Yoona's mom suddenly appeared.

 

"What are you doing here, Mom?" Yoona was literally shock but she and Jessica welcome her greatly and pulled a chair next to her. "When did you come?"

 

"Just last night. I was invited by Mr. Jung, here." Mrs. Im said as she flashes a friendly smile to him.

 

"It's nice to see you here too, Mrs. Im." Jessica sweetly said as she reached for her hand across the table and give it a brief squeeze.

 

"It's nice meeting you again, Jessica. My daughter is taking care of you well, isn't she?"

 

"Of course, Mom." Yoona chuckled as she instantly replied.

 

"Actually I planned this." Mr. Jung caught everyone's attention. "I immediately booked a ticket for me and your mother Yoona, for us to discuss about engagement."

 

Jessica and Yoona's eyes are both wide upon hearing it. "What?" As they reacted in unison.

 

"Appa, we're just starting." Jessica find it ridiculous. She knows both of their families are friends but it's absurd to hear it right away when they're only new to the relationship.

 

"It's just an engagement. It's not like you will immediately marry each other." Mr. Jung said as a matter of fact. "Right, Mrs. Im?"

 

"Your father is right, Jessica." Mrs. Im agreed. "You guys really suit with each other. I wouldn't mind be your mother-in-law." She sweetly smiled to the couple.

 

Yoona is speechless. "Excuse me." That she decided to leave them.

 

"Yoona!" Jessica was about to chase her girlfriend but her father stopped her.

 

"Give her some time to process this first." said Mr. Jung. "She's shock and-"

 

"I am too so please excuse me." Jessica hastily got up and bowed to the two oldies before she followed her girlfriend. She however lost her and doesn't know where to find her.

 

 

***

 

 

After having breakfast on her own, Seohyun made a decision to go on with the other activities. For the day, she will experience riding more water rides like kayaking, jet-ski, banana boat.

 

"Wait, do you know how to operate this?" The staff of the resort however got worried because she looked innocent when she rode on the jet-ski.

 

"Um, I-I thought you will teach me?" Seohyun is confuse. She thought someone will be riding with her.

 

"Nope. But we can teach you. Hold on, I'll call our instructor." The male staff said as he left her but he stopped when someone blocked him.

 

"Can I ride with her?" Yoona heard what they were talking and volunteers herself.

 

"Do you know how to operate it?"

 

"Yes."

 

Seohyun looked back when she heard the familiar voice. "Wha-what are you doing?" Just to freak out once again to see the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona smiled and didn't answer as she approached her and mounted on the jet-ski behind her.

 

"Y-Yah! I don't nee-"

 

"You don't know how to operate this though." Without giving her a chance, she leaned forward as she grabs the two handles of the ride, trapping Seohyun in front of her. "It's just like a motorbike. Hold onto the handle." She told her.

 

"B-But you're holding it." Seohyun is blushing too hard as she couldn't push her away. With Yoona leaning on her back, it's restraining her to do something. She's shaking and she hopes that she won't notice.

 

"You can hold my hand." Yoona instructed softly. "Come on."

 

Reluctant, Seohyun was about hold her when she realizes how shaky her hands are also. "J-Just start it. I'll just balance myself." she firmly announced.

 

"Fine." Yoona smile in amusement as she started the engine slowly. "Brace yourself." But she soon speeds it up. Seohyun got surprise and went forward. "Omo." She hastily grabs her by her waist and pull her back. "I told you to hold." She scolded.

 

Seohyun immediately complied, afraid she will fall. She really almost fell there, thankfully the doe-eyed got her on time. Her heart beating too fast is the only she can hear at the moment that she missed to hear that Yoona ask her to relax. But soon, she did. Especially that their ride is now smooth and that Yoona's not leaning too much on her back anymore. She closed her eyes and enjoy the ride with the person she loves. She unconsciously wanted to savour the moment with her. At least at this moment, she feels like they're together.

 

Yoona on the other hand is busy reminiscing their moments together. She would steal a glance to Seohyun from time to time, bringing a big smile on her face because she looks like she's enjoying the ride. How she wishes she can see her beautiful eyes but she looks beautiful even with her eyes close.

 

After the jet-ski, they proceed to kayaking which is easier. Seohyun just couldn't stop from smiling from ear to ear. Especially that Yoona is all caring, assisting her. It feels like the old days where she would always help her with her homework. Making sure she's doing it right.

 

It's like they're not exes, more like friends.

 

-

 

"Yah, whatever are you doing?" Seohyun finally get to ask as they take their seats on the fine white sand while their order haven't arrived yet.

 

Yoona sighs as she looks at Seohyun with a sincere smile. "I would be lying if I say I did not miss you." She confessed.

 

Speechless, Seohyun almost couldn't believe she heard it as it never fails to make her heart skips a beat. She smiled a little and couldn't look at her in the eyes. "I honestly do too." She softly replied and looked back at her.

 

Yoona shyly smiled as she shifted her eyes to the kids playing a sand castle. "You know... The days when were together like kids."

 

"Yes." Seohyun sighs. "You're doing great." And she couldn't miss to mention.

 

"Give me your hand." Yoona however ask her to give her hand as she signals her.

 

"Wae?" Seohyun reluctantly complied.

 

"Remember this?" Yoona flipped her hand so it's her palm facing. She held it with her left as she started writing something on it through her forefinger. She used to do it when she couldn't say something verbally.

 

'Whatever are you going through right now, I know you can get through with it but you can share it to me. I'm all ears.' Seohyun reads it with her mind and their eyes met after she wrote the invisibly on her hand. "What do you mean?" She doesn't have any idea what she's talking about.

 

"You will not drink last night if you don't have any problem right now. Come on, I know you." Yoona said as she unconsciously holds the younger girl's hand while she's staring at her intently.

 

Seohyun is flattered that she can feel the doe-eyed's care for her. And she knows she will not stop asking her if she won't tell her. "It's about my family. My parents got divorced weeks ago and my brother, he committed suicide." The mention of her brother immediately pained her that she looked away from Yoona.

 

"Oh my God, I'm sorry to hear that." Yoona gasped and she eventually regretted it.

 

"No it's okay." Seohyun looked back at her with a reassuring smile. "I'm already starting to accept everything. It's just that, it's a struggle." She unconsciously shed some tears that she wiped it off right away and smile. "How about you? What are you up to right now?" She quickly changes the topic, doesn't want the deer to pity her.

 

Yoona is actually impressed because she could see she's staying strong which she loves to see. "Nothing. Just helping the company, I am work to boost their sales." She shared as she chuckles.

 

"You're still in advertising department?"

 

"Yup. It's where I'm good at anyway. How about you?"

 

Seohyun smiled brightly. "I returned to college to pursue tourism." She proudly shares. "And at the same time, I'm a model."

 

" Whoa, you're modeling now? I thought you don't like to do it? So, you quit bartending in your Aunt's cafe?" Yoona didn't really expect it and she's happy to learn her new job. "Wait, should you hire me then? I still do photography."

 

"Why would I hire you? It's the agency that hires photographers." Seohyun chuckled in amusement. "But I'm glad you never stopped doing what you love."

 

"I wouldn't." Yoona smiled charmingly as she never looked away from the younger.

 

Seohyun felt uncomfortable and smile briefly before she looked away. "Aigoo, why is our order still haven't arrived?"

 

"Yeah, it's just pizza and two pineapple drinks."

 

"By the way, Jessica. How is she?"

 

Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter