Welcome to the night

Cry Out

Beep beep beep!

“Ungh…”

The person that was sprawled in the bed, moved to the left side. Trying to turn off the beeping sound from the alarm. She’s reaching the nightstand, yet can’t seem to find the culprit. Unwillingly, she’s opening one of her eyes, trying to find the damn clock.

Click. She took the clock after turning the beeping sound off, trying to know how long she’s been sleeping tonight.

‘2 hours…’

She’s groaned once again, burying her head inside the fluffy pillow before dragging herself out from the bed and going inside the bathroom, not forgetting to put back the clock at the nightstand. She looked at her reflection in the mirror.

God, she looks awful.

Her messy bed hair is everywhere, making her looked like a lion. There are saliva marks at the corner of her lips. Her eye bags are just gotten darker and darker. Her cheekbones keep going more visible than yesterday.

‘Why did I even still alive at this point.’

She the water tap, washing her face. Trying to at least look decent in the morning. Not looking like some hopeless, zombie lion. She grabbed the toothbrush after like she normally does.

Like she normally did these past years.

She looked at the swirling water in the sink. Her eyes are empty. Yet the voice in her mind is loud. Full of thoughts. Dark thoughts.

‘Why did I need to do this every day?’

‘I have nothing to do anymore. Why am I still here? Still wake up?’

She looked at the floor. Her right leg to be exact. The legs that used to support her number one dream. To become the best dancer anyone ever known. Now it’s all just in vain. Her limping right leg can’t even be used for her to be able to walk normally.

She still remembered it clearly. How hurt it is. How hurt it was to miss the step that you usually do. How hurt it was to be suddenly sprawled on the floor, with tears running down from your eyes, wetting your cheeks that were full of sweat. How hurt it was to just move your leg slightly.

How hurt it was to watch your dream crumble right in front of your eyes. How your body just suddenly becomes numb, it does not even feel like your own. How you just trying to continue your life when half part of you is already dead. Along with your dream.

She closed her eyes, trying to get a grip over herself. Trying to cast away the memories, far inside her brain. Yet, she can’t make the numbness go away. It’s still there, eating her alive.

“Show some wants to live, Seulgi. Because that is the least you can do right now.”

---

“Good morning, Seulgi. It’s been a while!” greeted Dr. Kim once she’s inside her room, finding Seulgi already seated there.

“It’s been a while indeed, Dr. Kim,” answered Seulgi flatly.

“Please, just call me Taeyeon. I think I already told you that before.”

“Yes you are, but-“

“Or unnie is fine. I don’t really like to be called ‘Dr. Kim’ to be honest.”

Seulgi nodded. “Taeyeon unnie, then.”

Taeyeon smiled at her as she organized the files at her desk. After she’s done, she propped herself with her arms, giving her fullest attention to the woman in front of her. “So, how are you?”

“Have been better.”

Taeyeon smirked. “And what makes you come back here, Seulgi?”

Seulgi shrugged. “I feel like it.”

“Feel like it,” Taeyeon chuckled, as she rose from her seat, putting one of the files that were on her desk to the rack full of files and folders. “It’s because of Sooyoung, isn’t it?”

Seulgi’s silence answers it all for Taeyeon, makes her chuckle again. She walked towards Seulgi, decided to sit at the single sofa in front of her.

“I wish it was your own will,” mumbled Taeyeon with a small smile, looking at Seulgi right in her empty eyes. She brought out her little notebook and pen from her doctor's coat pocket. She quickly scribbles something on it. “But I’m already grateful that Sooyoung was able to bring you back here. Now, would you kindly help me to catch up with yourself? I have been left in the dark for the whole two months.”

Seulgi shrugged. “Nothing happened.”

Taeyeon propped herself with one of her arms at the armchair. “Nothing happened?”

“Just like usual. Wake up, go to the studio, open my café, close my café, come back to my apartment, sleep. That’s it.”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah. What else?”

“I don’t know,” Taeyeon shook her head. “You tell me. Maybe about entertainment, some refreshing, or a date?”

“A couple of blind dates arranged by Sooyoung does happen, but that’s it,” deadpanned Seulgi.

“Oh yeah? That is interesting,” exclaimed Taeyeon with a visible interest in her voice and eyes, writing something on her notebook. “Tell me more about the blind date.”

“What to tell?”

“Well, what are you doing on a blind date with your partner?”

“We are just talking, mostly. Them, talking about their life. I, patiently listening to whatever bull that is happening in their life. We also eat and drink,” explained Seulgi flatly.

Taeyeon’s interest just got bigger. “Oh? You don’t talk about yourself? They didn’t ask anything towards you?”

“They did.”

“What did they ask?”

“Why such a beautiful woman like you has a limp leg?”

Taeyeon gave her a warm smile, whom she replied with a blank look. Taeyeon quickly writing something inside her little notebook. “And what did you answer?”

“I fell. That’s it.”

“Didn’t give them the real answer?”

“I have a question to ask,” cut Seulgi suddenly. “Can I ask this, unnie?”

Taeyeon blinked, didn’t expect that. But she handled it well, quickly giving her a wide grin. “Of course. You can ask everything. Shoot.”

“You know that I was treated here when I was injured, right?”

Taeyeon nodded. “Yes. That’s why they recommend you to come to me after you are done with the stay.”

“Why the doctors didn’t just amputate my leg?” asked Seulgi, making Taeyeon stunned.

“Why they still made me keeping my leg when I can’t even use it properly again? I can’t even walk normally.”

Seulgi decided to drop the last blow. “Why they made that decision?”

“Because they feel like it is the best decision for you,” answered Taeyeon once she regained her composure, unnoticed by Seulgi.

“But the fact that it’s not the best decision, though.”

Taeyeon smiled. “Later, Seulgi, you will realize that that is the best decision that they have made.”

Seulgi looked down, looking at her hand on top of her lap. Fingers playing with each other. Empty, blank eyes looking on them, observing every movement that they made. Taeyeon just watched her silently. Doesn’t want to pry any more information. She just going to wait until Seulgi started their conversation once again. She moved to the next page as she wrote something again in her notebook.

It’s always interesting Taeyeon to talk with Seulgi. Yes, maybe the look in her eyes is empty and the brightness has gone. But she always looks like she observing something. Trying to know everything that she got from her eyes only, keeping it inside her head.

The physical change on Seulgi also didn’t go unnoticed by Taeyeon. How she looks much paler than two months ago. How her already bony figure got a lot bonier. How the cheekbones on her cheeks completely visible now. And how her eyebags got darker. How her lips almost lost its red color.

It’s hurt Taeyeon to see Seulgi like this. Struggling. Looking like she was forced to continue being alive. Didn’t have anything to grasp on when she needed help. She can’t even do anything about it.

“Unnie,” said Seulgi, breaking the comforting silence.

“Yes, Seulgi?”

Seulgi looked up, looking her straight in the eyes. “What is your dream?”

Taeyeon’s blinked. Once again, didn’t expect that kind of question. “My dream?”

Seulgi nodded as Taeyeon making her figure look like that she was thinking so hard.

“My dream, huh. I have a lot of dreams in the past,” chuckles Taeyeon as she lets her mind took her back to the past. “I once dreamed of being a police officer. A lawyer. A singer-“

Seulgi raised her eyebrow and decided to cut in. “You can sing?”

Taeyeon grinned. “I don’t know if my voice sounds good to others but, I’m quite confident with my singing skills so, yeah I can sing.”

“Sing for me, then.”

“If you really want me to sing,” Taeyeon stopping for a while, changing her posture. “then you need to sing along with me, too.”

Seulgi quickly flattens her expression. “No. I can’t sing.”

“Of course you can!” Taeyeon gasped. “Well, if you really don’t want to sing, then I won’t sing, too.”

Seulgi looked at Taeyeon’s sickening and annoying grin before sighing. “Fine. What song?”

Taeyeon’s widens her grin. “Any song is fine. You sing first.”

“I am the one who asking you to sing,” frowned Seulgi.

“And I literally know every song that exists in this world. So, you first.”

“You better sing too, unnie.”

“I will, I will. You can count on me, Seulgi.”

Seulgi closed her eyes as she prepares herself to sing, while Taeyeon watching her with amusement in her eyes. Didn’t expect that Seulgi will actually fall inside her trap.

Feelings fade when people change

I stayed the same

You played your games

And now we're left with nothing

Taeyeon smiled when she heard her voice. Seulgi looked at her, giving her signals that it’s her turn now. Taeyeon clears before letting out her beautiful voice.

I'm not okay, but it's okay

Don't walk away

I'll take the blame

Before we're left with nothing

Taeyeon raised one of her eyebrows, signaling Seulgi that in this last part, they must sing together. And Seulgi catches it perfectly.

Don't know if I'll be fine without you

I hope I'll be alright without you

“You have a really beautiful voice, unnie,” praised Seulgi sincerely, intrigued the smiles to bloom at Taeyeon’s lips. “You could become a singer.”

Taeyeon laughs as she shook her hand, dismissing Seulgi’s comment. “You’re flattering me, Seulgi. But, thank you,” she said, fixing her position. “Why sing that song, though?”

“It’s the last song that I used to make a choreography.”

Taeyeon wrote something once again, a smile visible at her face. “And what’s your dream, Seulgi?”

“Dancing.”

“Only dancing?”

“Yes. Only dancing, until now,” said Seulgi with finality in her tone.

Taeyeon nodded, once again scribbling something inside her note.

“I think I need to go,” Seulgi said, as she looks at the clock on the wall. “It’s been an hour.”

“Sure it is,” replied Taeyeon. “Now, let me write the prescription for you.”

Taeyeon rose from her seat and walking back to her working desk. She pulled out a big folder and quickly wrote something inside it.

“I think you need some help to go to sleep, right, Seulgi?” asked Taeyeon as she writes so fast, didn’t even look up to Seulgi. “And some vitamins and supplements since I think your body needs it.”

Taeyeon looks up once she’s done, a smile still plastered on her face. “Do you want to add something?”

“Just meds that could make me no longer feel numb,” said Seulgi flatly.

Taeyeon looks down quickly as she writes again. “Adding that and, done!” She ripped off the paper from the folder and give it to Seulgi. “You still remember where is the pharmacy right?”

“As clear as the Sun,” sighed Seulgi as she took the paper from Taeyeon’s hand. She quickly turned her body, walking towards the door.

“Seulgi.”

Seulgi stopped, looking back to Taeyeon who still wears that gentle smile, that Seulgi feels a little bit annoying.

“Hopefully we can meet again next week,” Taeyeon said. “And please be careful on your way to the studio.”

Seulgi bowed her head slightly and quickly leave the room.

Taeyeon let out the sigh that she has been holding on. She really hopes the best for that woman.

But if there is not even any motivation coming from herself, how could she help her?

Seulgi walked towards the pharmacy that was located on the east wing of the hospital. While she walks, she can feel some questionable gaze thrown towards her.

‘Why did a beautiful woman like her can’t even walk normally?’

Seulgi held her snort inside. She always got that kind of comments whenever she walks in public space. She could understand if it was a supermarket, parks or something. But the hospital? Seriously?

First thing first, she never asked to get this condition. At all. She just suddenly got it like that. She even didn’t get any warning.

Two years ago, Seulgi loved people’s gaze. She actually begs for it. Beg for them to look at her and her beautiful dance movement. Now? She loathes it fully with her heart.

She finally reached the pharmacy. She gives her paper of prescription at one of the counters. The nurse inside quickly took it and trying to decipher the notes, while Seulgi looks around. Trying to absorb the atmosphere around her.

“Seulgi? Is it really you?”

Seulgi woke up from her reverie, looking at the nurse behind the glass counter. “Nurse Im?”

Nurse Im smiled. “It’s really you! It’s been a while, Seulgi! How are you?” asked her as she rose from her seat, trying to get every medicine that Taeyeon just wrote. “And please, just Yoona is fine.”

“Usual,” answered Seulgi shortly.

Yoona comes back with bottles of tablets and immediately explained to Seulgi about each of the bottles, when she needs to drink it, then gave Seulgi the receipt that she needs to pay. Seulgi quickly fished out her wallet and gave Yoona several bills.

“I thought you would never come back here again,” said Yoona, took the money from Seulgi’s hand and immediately counting it.

“I thought so too,” replied Seulgi. Her eyes looking at Yoona’s fast hand movement.

“Then, why comes back?” asked Yoona, took some changes and give it to Seulgi.

“My friend asked me to.”

“I need to say thank you to your friend, then,” said Yoona with a smile. “Thank you, Seulgi. And goodbye. I hope you have a good day today.”

Seulgi just bowed her head a little once again, walking out and leaving the hospital that already feels like her second home.

---

She closed the door as soon as she was inside, quickly stepping up the stairs in front of her. Blasting music can be heard clearly as she keeps walking her way on the stairs. Many kinds of music were being played at the same time. The slow tempo one, the quick tempo one.

‘All classes are opened today, huh?’

As she reached the floor, she spotted several trainees dancing to the music. Some of them are taking a rest, drinking the water that was provided by the dance studio.

The dance studio that she made with several of her friends.

“Oh? Seulgi-unnie!”

Seulgi looked at the taller woman in front of her who skipped towards her happily. She flashes a small smile to her. “Hi, Tzuyu. You come early today.”

Tzuyu chuckles. “Yeah. I need to prepare for my audition, unnie. It’s in this Saturday.”

“Oh, you are going to do it?” asked Seulgi, impressed.

Tzuyu nodded enthusiastically. “I think about your words several days ago, unnie. We just need to immediately snatch the opportunity when we still got our time.”

Something sharp stabbed Seulgi’s heart right in the spot. She handles it quickly, flashing her another smile. “Good luck on your audition, then. We’re wishing the best for you.”

Tzuyu grinned. “You’re the best, Seulgi-unnie. I love you.”

“No need. I didn’t do anything,” said Seulgi dismissively. “Anyway, do you know where’s others are?”

“Ah, yes. Sunmi-unnie currently teaching in here,” said Tzuyu, pointing to the room at her right. “And the others, I think they’re in the office.”

Seulgi thanked her as she walks towards the office. She looks around, peeking inside the practice room. Looking at the trainees that were working hard, trying to be better at each movement. At each of their arms. At each step of their foot.

Seulgi still understands that feeling. The euphoria. The hard work, all the time that you gave just for make yourself getting better and better. And now, there are these new feelings that trying to seep inside her heart whenever she saw them.

Jealousy. And disappointment.

She stepped inside the office, found two people who currently talking about the choice of the song that they going to use in the next class.

“How about this song?” asked the long, wavy, raven-haired one, as she played a song.

“Isn’t that too slow? You are going to use it for the hip-hop class,” said the blonde one. “Here, what about this one?”

“That is too quick,” the ravens objected. “There are beginners in the class. I think it’s going to be hard for them to keep up with the quick tempo dance.”

“What about this one?”

The two of them quickly whipped their head towards Seulgi, who already fished out her phone and played the song. “It’s not too quick. It’s not too slow either.”

Both of them contemplating for a while, before nodding. “Yeah, we clearly can use it,” said Chungha, the blonde one.

“Who’s going to do the class?” asked Seulgi, dropping her stuff at her desk.

“I will,” said Momo, the raven one. “I just asked some help to Chungha because of I kind of confused which song that I’m going to use.”

Seulgi just nodded her head and immediately walked towards the door once again, making Momo and Chungha frowned.

“Where are you going?” asked Chungha.

“I’m going to check on Sunmi,” answered Seulgi flatly as she left the office.

Both of them looked at each other, before looking at Seulgi’s desk and looking to each other once again. They know what they were thinking at that time. A cruel, harsh idea, but it needs to be done.

For the sake of their dance studio.

The dance studio was born when the four of them decided that it’s better if they’re working together. Seulgi proposed this idea to Sunmi, Chungha, and Momo the moment they were finished with their college and already graduated. Together, they build this small dance studio right in the middle of the city. Battling all those big names dance studio boldly.

Huff n Puff Dance Studio. Their number one pride.

Seulgi realized that the studio just keeps growing every day. The amounts of students that are applying constantly rising, making Seulgi sometimes feel that the studio is too small. They need to move somewhere else that is bigger.

Seulgi sighed. The things that she willing to do for the dance studio. If she just had the same energy towards her café.

She went inside the practice room when there is Sunmi there teaching a bunch of beginners about some move.

“Now, move your hand like this,” explained Sunmi, as she makes some wave with her hand. “As slowly and as smooth as you can. No need to feel rushed. We got all the time in the world.”

Seulgi held back the snort when she heard the last words.

“Now, move your left leg to the back,” instructed Sunmi, still didn’t realize the presence of Seulgi inside the practice room. “If you realize, we’re just making a triangle pattern with our legs movement. If we combined all of the moves, it will be like this.”

Sunmi danced to the whole moves that she just taught them. Moving so gracefully, like water in the river. So smooth, like the finest silk in this world.

That is Sunmi. The talented Lee Sunmi that Seulgi has known since high school.

“All of you, try it,” said Sunmi as she walking towards the drink and towel that was placed at the top of the chair in the corner. She drank her water as she realized the presence of another person inside the studio, leaning her body at the wall, watching all those beginners intently.

“So,” said Sunmi, as she walked towards the said person. “How’s my choreography?”

“It’s good,” answered Seulgi. “Still lack something, to be honest, but, it’s great.”

Sunmi chuckles. “Still the perfectionist Seulgi.”

Seulgi smiled. “I know.”

Her smile quickly falters as she realized that there is something wrong with one trainee. Her movement is too rowdy. And her steps are too hasty, too dangerous.

Seulgi’s breath quickens, her heart rate going faster as cold sweats suddenly congregate at her forehead. She looks at the floor under the trainee, noticing that there is some sprinkle of sweats, making it dangerous.

The memories of her injuring herself quickly flooded her mind, like a tsunami.

“Wait-“

Seulgi tries to warn her, alas it’s too late. The trainee already falls to the ground.

Her ears suddenly ringing. She can’t feel everything. She can’t even hear the music that was played with the loudest volume. Her visions are hazy. Centered only to the trainee that was in the ground now.

Seulgi doesn’t know when was the last time she walked that fast. Heck, she feels she was running earlier but it’s impossible with the state of her leg. She can’t even remember when was she took the cloth with her, trying to clean the floor.

“This can’t be happening. This can’t be happening again,” mumbled Seulgi fastly, as she tried to clean the floor while sitting on it.

“I told you all to be careful! I told you all to always inspect the practice room first before training!” screamed Seulgi like a madwoman, losing control of herself.

“Seulgi, stop!”

Her hands were shaking greatly. She still can’t hear anything. Can’t feel anything. Her body feels too numb. Her face is as pale as the dead. She should just hear what Nurse Im told her earlier. Quickly drink the meds after you eat.

“Oh, God. It’s happening again. It’s happening again.”

“Seulgi, I said stop!”

“What’s with the commotion!”

“Oh my God, Seulgi!”

“This is my fault. This is my fault. This is my-“

“Seulgi, stop!”

Sunmi quickly grabbed her body from the back, making Seulgi snapped back to reality. She looks at her surroundings. All the trainees are circling them. Looking at her with weird and scared gazes. Including the trainee that was fallen to the ground.

“I-I’m alright, unnie. I’m fine,” she said timidly. Her voice is shaking, didn’t expect that kind of reaction coming from Seulgi, the dance studio’s warm bear.

Seulgi just looked at the trainee with a conflicted gaze. Her breath still shorts, her whole body still shaking and still numb. The only thing that she can feel and hear right now is from the person who was hugging her from the back.

“Let’s go outside. Calm yourself down first, okay?” whispered Sunmi slowly as she helped Seulgi to stand up and leave the training room to the hallway. Seulgi just complied with whatever Sunmi told her, following her like a soulless robot.

Sunmi quickly tries to calm her down as they finally reached the hallway. She’s rubbing Seulgi in a fast movement. Her face was masked with worry. “Try to take a deep breath, Seulgi. Everything is fine.”

How Seulgi wants to scream that everything is not fine, but she decided to just swallow it and try to take a deep breath.

“What is happening?” asked Chungha, following them to the hallway. There is also Momo behind her.

“A trainee missed a step earlier and I think it just triggers her,” explained Sunmi, still trying to calm Seulgi down. “Good. Now, let’s keep trying to take a deep breath until you calm down. Okay, Seulgi?”

“I know it!” hissed Momo. “I know this will be happening.”

“Look, let’s not start now,” Sunmi sighed, exhausted and clearly doesn’t want to involve things that are unimportant right now.

“Let’s not start now? This thing has gone over the line right now!” stated Momo, half yelled.

“We need to discuss this sooner or later, Sunmi,” stated Chungha. “You know this.”

Sunmi sighed as she looks at the woman in her arms right now, clearly didn’t understand everything that was said. And the two women in front of her didn’t make it better. “Let me talk to her. You guys can go back to the office or to the practice room. I will handle this first.”

Chungha sighed as she pulled Momo with her. “Let’s go, Momo. Let’s meet all the trainees.”

Once they were inside the practice room, Sunmi looked at Seulgi who was being calmer than earlier, making her sighed with relief. “Seulgi, look at me.”

Seulgi looked at her in the eyes with her blank expression. Her breath has turned to normal. There is some color on her face, isn’t as pale as earlier.

“I need you to go back right now. Maybe opening the café earlier. Calm yourself first, okay?”

“What about the studio?” asked Seulgi with the lowest volume it’s almost whisper-like.

Sunmi smiled. “The studio will be fine. Trust me. Now I need you to be away from here. I think the studio didn’t give you positive energy currently.”

Seulgi sighed. “If you say so.”

“Do you want me to drop you off?”

“I can walk. I need to clear my head. And you clearly need to handle those beginners. Your class still not done yet, Sunmi.”

“Alright, then. Be careful, okay? Call me when you already arrive.”

Seulgi nodded. “I will,” and immediately left the studio.

Sunmi looked at her leave the studio. She massaged her forehead, feeling dizzy with all the things that will be happening soon. She hopes that whatever happens, it’s for the best.

---

“I think I told you once to not inform me suddenly,” protested Seulgi as she wipes the counter with a wet cloth.

“Now you need to expect that more since I will be like that every time,” said Sooyoung from the other line of the phone.

“Did she even agree to this?” asked Seulgi as she put away the wet cloth, fixing the phone at her hand.

“Kind of?”

“Kind of? Sooyoung-“

“Look, everything is perfectly handled by me,” explained Sooyoung. “All you need to do is just welcome her and talk to her.”

“I don’t know how she looks! I don’t even know her name!” protested Seulgi. “And you just need to have that dumb idea of not telling me a thing about her.”

“Scratch that. It’s a genius idea.”

“When in the world does Park Sooyoung having a genius idea?”

“Duh, every time?” said Sooyoung. Seulgi believes that she just rolled her eyes for her. “Anyway, she is going to come. So just prepare yourself.”

“Prepare myself?”

“Why is it so loud in there? Where are you?”

“Um, café?”

There is silence.

“I believe it’s still 2 p.m.”

“Yes, it is.”

“And you already opened your café when you usually opened it at 4 p.m.?” asked Sooyoung in disbelief.

“Well, I feel like to open it early,” shrugged Seulgi. “Do I need to remind you that Time Slip didn’t have official time when to open? Just had this open and close sign?”

“Yeah, but,” Sooyoung sighed before continuing. “This is the earliest.”

They dwelled once again. Sooyoung’s brain currently working so hard.

“Seulgi, did anything happen earlier?”

Seulgi knows that Sooyoung will just ask about it.

“What?” asked Seulgi, pretending not to hear the question clearly, when she, in fact, remember every word that Sooyoung just asked her.

“Did something happened in the studio earlier?” asked Sooyoung, much clearer now since she decided to say it word by word.

“No, nothing happened,” denied Seulgi while trying to calm herself.

Sooyoung doesn’t even here yet she feels that her eyes looking at her every movement sharply, making her nervous.

Seulgi can hear Sooyoung’s deep sigh. “Seulgi. I have known you since we’re babies. I know when everything does happen to you.”

“Believe me, Sooyoung. Nothing does happen,” ensure Seulgi, or she just tried to sound like that.

“Alright. I won’t push you. Do tell me if something happens, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Anyway, is the café that crowded?” asked Sooyoung, completely already pushed aside that topic, making Seulgi relaxed. “I keep hearing noises.”

“Yeah, two tables are already occupied,” explained Seulgi. “And all of them are high-schoolers, so.”

“Ah, that does explain why.”

A bell-ringing makes Seulgi looked towards the door when she found this blonde woman who just entered her café. Holding a big laptop with her small left arm and a big bag on her right one. The blonde who has short hair looking around the café, like she was inspecting every nook of it. Judging it inside her own mind, didn’t let Seulgi know what she just thought.

“I need to end the phone call right now,” said Seulgi with a hushed tone. “Goodbye, Sooyoung.”

“Goodbye, Seulgi. Good luck on the blind date!”

Seulgi quickly put her phone in her pocket when she noticing that the woman was walking towards her. “Hello, good afternoon!” greeted Seulgi with a smile. “Welcome to Time Slip! What do you want to order?”

The woman stopped right in front of her. Her eyes inspecting the menu that was placed in the wall, on top of Seulgi’s head. And Seulgi inspecting her.

Her hair looks so soft and smooth, Seulgi just wants to run her fingers in it. Her eyes look so cold and empty, like a black hole that wants to her inside, trapped her, didn’t want her to leave. Her nose looks so cute she just wants to boop it. Her cheeks just begged to be pinched by her. Her red lips look so plump, she wants to kiss it.

Her eyes keep traveling down until she looked at her fingers that were placed on top of the counter. It looks so small and so fragile, she just wants to-

There. She spotted it. The shiny things that were circling on her right ring finger. Perfectly fitting it. A diamond ring.

All the ideas that were popped out from her mind, she quickly eradicates it the moment she spotted the ring.

“One ice Americano. Triple shot,” said the woman, took out her wallet inside her bag.

“It will be 4.000.”

Seulgi took the money that was on her hand, making her can feel how her fingers felt against her.

‘Get it together, Seulgi.’

“Please wait here for a while,” said Seulgi. “I’m going to make your coffee.”

Seulgi quickly turns back and quickly make the coffee with the help of the coffee machine. Smells of perfectly roasted coffee beans once again filled the whole café, making it feel much calmer.

“You didn’t have any buzzer or something?” asked the woman with a flat tone.

Damn, why does Seulgi feel so related to this woman? Like, they’re just the same?

Seulgi chuckles. “No. Since I think it will be too loud and the café usually doesn’t have many customers so, I didn’t need to bother to ask the customer’s name when their order is done.”

Seulgi pours the ice inside the cup that already filled with coffee, immediately closes the lid and puts it on top of the counter. “One ice Americano, triple shots. Ready to enjoy.”

The woman quickly took her coffee and just slightly nodded at her and walked towards one of the empty tables.

Seulgi just blinked her eyes and stares into nothing. That woman didn’t even say thank you! The audacity of her!

She looked at her, who already put her bag and turning on her laptop, nicely seated in one of the chairs at the table. She always typed something fast on her laptop. Seulgi thinks she’s a writer. But she doesn’t know what is she writing.

Not that she cares or something.

The time passed by. Customers come and go. Seulgi has swiped the café floor, cleaning up tables several times, yet the woman still there. Unbothered by the world around her. She just focused on what is shown on top of her laptop screen. Typing whatever her fingers wanted to type. She rarely even touches the coffee. It’s not even half of the cup yet.

Seulgi observed her intently. She never met a customer like her before. Not like she has opened the café for years (Time Slip will have her first anniversary in two months, by the way) and met every kind of customer that exists in this world. But somehow, her kind of customer shows up rarely.

You know, everyone who comes to the coffee shop literally can do everything that they want. Talking with friends, did your homework, having a meeting. Or just enjoying yourself with a warm cup of coffee, while looking around your surroundings. Heck, you can even read a book.

You can even have a blind date in a café and no one will bat an eye.

Yet, this woman somehow looks mysterious for Seulgi. And intriguing. That’s why, whatever Seulgi does, she will always end up looking at her. Even though she just sat there and typing stuff.

 After these dark two years, Seulgi finally interested in someone. No, no, no. It’s not in a romantic way. It was you just want to unveil her one at a time way.

The woman suddenly looks up, making Seulgi quickly looked away and deciding to do something with the cashier, trying not to get caught.

“Sooyoung right. This café is not too bad.”

‘Huh? Did I just hear ‘Sooyoung’?’

“You can stop acting like you haven’t obviously looked at me for this past two hours, you know?”

She got caught red-handed.

“I-I’m sorry,” apologized Seulgi, feeling flustered.

The woman propped her head with her hand, looking at Seulgi. “You’re Kang Seulgi, right? The owner of this café?”

Seulgi blinked, looking at the woman with shock evident on her eyes.

“I didn’t see any worker beside you in this café so, I’m assuming that you are Kang Seulgi. Am I correct?”

“Yes, I am Kang Seulgi,” said Seulgi, still shocked. “How do you know my name. I didn’t even use my name tag.”

The woman blinked. Looking at her like she just didn’t believe what she just said earlier. Realization seems coming to her mind, as she suddenly sighed deeply. “Sooyoung really didn’t tell you every information about me, huh?”

‘Sooyoung? This woman knew her? Is she Sooyoung’s co-worker?’

The woman’s face is now chapfallen. “Damn. Sooyoung told me that you are dense. But I clearly didn’t expect that you are this dense.”

Seulgi shook her head softly. “I’m sorry. I just confused. Wha-“

“Sooyoung does tell you about that blind date thing, right?”

Wait a second.

“Hello. I’m Son Seungwan. Your so-called blind date for today. Nice to meet you.”

Seulgi’s mind suddenly went into haywire as she processed things that are currently happening right now. Or much more like processing what just Seungwan, the woman, informed her. That she is her blind date.