Girls' Talk

Secret Garden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s 10.30 AM when Naeun was heading to her favorite eatery. She woke up late but gladly she only had an afternoon class today, so she decided to spend the remaining time for brunch. She had just passed the entrance when she heard shouts,

“How dare you ask me to apologize!”

Naeun halted on her spot as her way was blocked. A middle aged man and a girl her age were yelling at each other and she didn’t want to make it worse.

“Ahjussi was the one who bumped into me, so of course you need to apologize! Don’t you see my coat is now dirty because of your coffee?”

“You impolite brat! Didn’t your parents teach you to respect elders?!” The man brought his face closer to the girl. The brave girl didn’t falter, she stared intensely at the man.

That was when Naeun recognized her. She was the girl at the cafe!

The one who came with Taemin-oppa.

“They taught me that justice is blind to age. If you’re wrong then own up to your mistake. That’s how you earn respect!” Soojung raised both of her hands and shrugged, “Ahjussi is the one at fault, you should watch you steps instead of grinning at your phone! Why aren’t you saying sorry?”

The man's face reddened in anger, “This is why you should teach your child properly. Your parents must be ashamed of you!”

“What??” Naeun noticed Soojung raised her clenched fist, “You jerk—“

“Pardon me.”

 

The both turned to see Naeun looked at them firmly. Soojung’s face couldn’t hide her surprise. She remembers me, Naeun thought.

Naeun approached the girl and touched her coat lightly. Despite being astonished by Naeun’s act, Soojung stayed still. “This is a high-end clothing brand, no doubt. More than anything, I’m surprised that she doesn’t ask you to compensate,” Naeun turned to the man who secretly gulped in his frown. “She only asks for an apology. If I were you, I’d act wisely, Ahjussi.”

 

***

 

“YOU WERE SO COOL!!” Soojung grabbed both of Naeun’s hands and brought it before her face. “Thank you so much for helping me!”

Her act made Naeun flustered and smiled shyly, “No problem.” she glanced at her coat, “umm, what about your coat?”

Soojung followed her gaze, “ah, I need to wash this fast, but I’m too hungry right now. I must have a bad luck today, why do I have to bump into a jerk with an empty stomach??”

“Pfft— Hahaha!” Naeun failed to holding in her laugh. She’s quite funny.

Soojung got extremely happy that she made Naeun laugh. She cleared , “Jeogi...” Naeun looked at her. “Shall we eat together?”

Naeun smiled tenderly, “sure.”

 

“Are you sure it’s okay?” Naeun looked sadly at Soojung’s coat. Soojung laughed, “It’s okay! I washed it a bit in the washroom, at least it won’t stain that much. Now let’s eat, okay?” Naeun nodded but she couldn’t wipe off the sad look on her face. Soojung chuckled, “Looking at how kind you actually are, I didn’t expect you to be that brave.”

Naeun surpised by her honesty. She laughed inwardly, well I’m surprised myself. What do I do if the man didn’t give in? The mere thought sent her shivers.

“Pretty, kind, and courageous. No wonder Lee Taemin is attracted,” Soojung uttered with a smirk on her face. Naeun on the other hand made a puzzled look. Seeing Naeun’s reaction, Soojung gaped and clapped her hands, “OH RIGHT, I haven’t introduced myself!! HAHAHA...!”

While laughing, Soojung scolded herself.

Oops, I guess?

 

 

Soojung was really sociable, they took no time to chat comfortably. It was the first time Naeun gained a friend in such a short time, and she was thankful to Soojung for that.

“Student exchange?”

“Yes, I took the program on my second semester and have just returned. That’s why they threw a welcoming party for me last night,” Soojung laughed, “actually, I forced them to.” Naeun giggled.

“Kibum-oppa is my senior in Fashion Major. We happened to work together in an assigned project and matched each other well so we’ve been working together ever since. Taemin-oppa, Jongin, and I went to the same high school.” Soojung explained.

Naeun nodded attentively, she lowered her eyes to her food and unknowingly smiled, “so that’s why you two seemed close...”

“Me and Taemin-oppa?” Soojung raised her brow, “Well, more like si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter